Board members id like to meet

Started by Schofield, January 17, 2011, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Iceman

had lunch and a yarn with FL/Mayo today  -sound man! always good to meet an auld head from home when you're out here but even more so when it's an auld head who's haunted these boards for years!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Rois

Quote from: The Iceman on March 08, 2017, 11:16:30 PM
had lunch and a yarn with FL/Mayo today  -sound man! always good to meet an auld head from home when you're out here but even more so when it's an auld head who's haunted these boards for years!
We worked out that my husband knows him from playing football out in FL in his younger days...Ireland (however far we're spread) is a small place.

ziggysego

I met Rois once and before that, Rois was watching me from a distance in the Waterfront Hall one night.

Good times!
Testing Accessibility

FL/MAYO

It was great meeting you Iceman and thanks for the tax advice. Always nice when an Armagh man buys lunch ;D Hopefully we can meet up again soon.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Rois on March 09, 2017, 04:18:54 AM
We worked out that my husband knows him from playing football out in FL in his younger days...Ireland (however far we're spread) is a small place.

And a good man he is as well, I believe Iceman knows him.

Farrandeelin

I dreamt a few years ago that I met Orior and someone else in the 'Armagh room' of the gaaboard.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

I'd like to see Syferus and il bomber together working the floor of Coppers, with full vehemence
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on March 09, 2017, 09:26:34 PM
I'd like to see Syferus and il bomber together working the floor of Coppers, with full vehemence

There wouldn't be a woman or man good enough for either.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Gs Man

Going back to the corner where I first saw O'Neill. Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move.  Got some words on cardboard, got O'Neill's picture in my hand, saying, "If you see this bald head can you tell him where I am?"

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand. I'm not broke - I'm just a broken-hearted man.
I know it makes no sense but what else can I do? How can I move on when I'm still in love with O'Neill?

I'm not moving.
Keep 'er lit

brokencrossbar1

Have met several posters over the years...I'm wondering would there be any value in a Gadderin'?

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 13, 2017, 03:20:33 PM
Have met several posters over the years...I'm wondering would there be any value in a Gadderin'?

Meh I'm at the age where getting a gathering with my real friends has become a rare enough occurrence to even contemplate attempting to organize a meet up with 'cyber' buddies..

illdecide

Quote from: Boycey on March 13, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

Meh I'm at the age where getting a gathering with my real friends has become a rare enough occurrence to even contemplate attempting to organize a meet up with 'cyber' buddies..

You mean your misses never lets you out and you know not to even ask ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

The last one was good craic but I'd say we'd need an event or good cause like last time for people to make the effort.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2017, 07:15:36 PM

The last one was good craic but I'd say we'd need an event or good cause like last time for people to make the effort.

Something like the last time would be a good shout. I know I'd be on for it.