Laois Junior Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 26, 2017, 03:26:18 PM
Kavanagh hits out at 'disgusting character assassination' of County Secretary

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/09/26/kavanagh-hits-disgusting-character-assassination-county-secretary/
Who did this assasination? Surely it wasn't just Wooly? Again says there it was a query re the two Joes players, Garvan was one I presume, Kelly the other?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on September 26, 2017, 07:58:12 PM

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/09/26/kavanagh-hits-disgusting-character-assassination-county-secretary/
Who did this assasination? Surely it wasn't just Wooly? Again says there it was a query re the two Joes players, Garvan was one I presume, Kelly the other?
Dont do twitter Don but its alleged the tweeting started with Wooley and others got involved (tweets removed since).

Yes those two players legality was queried by Park Ratheneska, Croke Park was asked for the ruling and all were found legal. I.e. they didnt need  regrading as they hav'nt played for a period. (Garvan and Kelly last played in or around 2010/2011/2012). That rule changed last year(2016) and from now forward players must regrade. (Players who played in 2016 and on wards must now regrade even if the stand down for a year or more)

Keyser Söze

Just one other point in all of this. Laois GAA have been applying this rule (where you have to regrade one level at a time whether you stood down for a period or not) for several years, presumably in good faith.
I don't think there can be any question of the rule being used to "get at" Parkinson.

Does this now mean that anybody who did not play in 2016 or 2017 can play at any grade in 2018? Or that they can move down one grade from their previous grade in 2018? Or that they can move down one grade per year stood down in 2018?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on September 26, 2017, 10:15:19 PM

Dont do twitter Don but its alleged the tweeting started with Wooley and others got involved (tweets removed since).

Yes those two players legality was queried by Park Ratheneska, Croke Park was asked for the ruling and all were found legal. I.e. they didnt need  regrading as they hav'nt played for a period. (Garvan and Kelly last played in or around 2010/2011/2012). That rule changed last year(2016) and from now forward players must regrade. (Players who played in 2016 and on wards must now regrade even if the stand down for a year or more)
Spoke to someone about this since, seems a current Portlaoise intermediate footballer had some interesting things to say. All in all this entire issue was a gigantic balls up.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on September 27, 2017, 09:05:47 AM
Quote from: The Monument Road on September 26, 2017, 10:15:19 PM

Spoke to someone about this since, seems a current Portlaoise intermediate footballer had some interesting things to say. All in all this entire issue was a gigantic balls up.

The suspense is killing us,Don

SCFC

Presume Craig Rogers. Pretty active and vocal on Twitter.

Laois fan

A few other past and present laois footballers also

Pablo Escobar

Micheal Condron has to get some kind of award for his hard work this year.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

The Monument Road

Big big win tonight for a classy St Josephs side 2.15 to 1.5. It was wonderful to see Tom Kelly win a championship again after suffering years of fear after the serious injury he received  from a reckless tackle  a few years back. Tom gave an exhibition tonight as did the Rowan brothers, Garvan and the ever green Davy Brennan. Along with a splatter of lads from the minor age group the future looks god for the Joe's. Intermediate next year.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 29, 2017, 10:46:11 PM
He did tonight Pablo.
I see you backed another loser again with your support of Kilcavan. All joking aside wouldnt Michael Condron be a great county chairman. He is the type of man who would get things done.  :'( 8). I think  he should be nominated as he is well liked by most of the traditional clubs in laois.

Saint 1963

Monument Road you beat me to the punch with both your posts. It been a pleasure watching this team throughout the league and championship and what a joy it's been to see Tom Kelly recovered from his injury and togging out again and playing so well. His presence alone on the pitch must have been such a help to the younger lads in particular. So well done to all the panel for bridging a 41 year gap and thanks to the 3 or 4 lads who were bumped up to senior during the year also.

Have to say hard luck to Kilcavan. I saw two instances of great sportsmanship from them tonight. I saw their midfielder give our man of the match a "well done" handshake as our man was substituted and I saw Tarpey pull out of a situtation where he could have cleaned one of our lads very late in the game when all was lost for them and it would have served no purpose. Also their Chairman was very gracious in congratulating our officials on the sideline just before the game ended, so well done Kilcavan and best of luck in the Leinster Championship!

Saints Abu! 👏👏👏

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on September 30, 2017, 08:47:39 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 29, 2017, 10:46:11 PM
He did tonight Pablo.
I see you backed another loser again with your support of Kilcavan. All joking aside wouldnt Michael Condron be a great county chairman. He is the type of man who would get things done.  :'( 8). I think  he should be nominated as he is well liked by most of the traditional clubs in laois.
Very important the night of a championship win to log on and lay waste to your enemies on the internet.