Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Well played Hardstation, well played 😁😁

trailer

Quite the roller-coaster this last few posts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2021, 08:52:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2021, 08:14:52 PM
So when did you develop concern for random head da balls knocking lumps out ( watched video, wasn't much digging) of each other? Your usual posts are generally carefree

I wouldnt say 'concern', I just want people to think twice before raising their fists. That's all.

I would hazard a guess and say these two who were fighting in Castle street will not die from one punch, more likely drug overdose or alcohol poisoning.

From my work I see those lads blattering away, then having a go at the police when they arrive.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on March 09, 2021, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 01, 2021, 09:10:33 PM
I will fight any southern Ireland GAA man who says he does not want a unitied Ireland.

Any time, any place.

;D

Ha ha ha ha. Wait a minute.... d'oh!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on March 09, 2021, 09:07:44 PM
Quite the roller-coaster this last few posts.

I find in general the board is a game of snakes and ladders

seafoid

Nobody on Kildare FM seems to have a Kildare accent. I used to go to Naas as a kid to stay with my aunt and there was a very distinctive accent at the time eg Faader and Brudder but KFM is more Dublin/Midatlantic.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/03/11/hydrogen-revolution-real-will-change-world/

Hydrogen is the clean energy of the future, and always will be, or so runs the old joke. After three false starts in 50 years, one slips easily into cynicism about the EU's pietistic green targets and voguish talk of the post-fossil hydrogen economy.

But cynics are not always right. The message from hard-headed industrialists at this year's "energy Davos" surprised even those who keep up with this fast-moving technology. The switch to hydrogen is a fact on the ground; it is accelerating fast; it is heading for much lower costs than sceptics suppose; and future scale is vast.

Along the way, the oil "supermajors" are reinventing themselves for net-zero life, finding a green raison d'être by deploying their engineering and offshore know-how to lock carbon underground and unlock hydrogen above ground. They are no longer the perennial climate villains depicted by the green Taliban. Subtler moral judgment is required.

Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states are also reinventing themselves, aiming to become mass global exporters of zero-carbon fuels for ships, aircraft, or Asian power plants. Abu Dhabi is already developing desert solar power for $1.35 per kWh, tantamount to free energy. This will be converted into hydrogen by Siemens through electrolysis to make clean synthetic jet fuel. Carbon-free air travel is in sight.

Seifi Ghasemi heads the US conglomerate Air Products, the world's biggest commercial producer of hydrogen. He manufactures mostly dirty "grey hydrogen" from fossils for refineries, industrial uses, or to make ammonia for fertilizers.

Ghasemi is hardly a green romantic. Aged 76, he knows his hydrogen and has seen it all. His conclusion is that this cycle is different from past episodes. Net-zero targets and the Sino-Western hydrogen race have changed the political landscape, and with it the cost calculus. So have rising carbon prices. EU emissions contracts have doubled since October to nearly €42 a tonne. This really bites.

Air Products is going for broke on clean hydrogen, not just the "blue" variant made from natural gas with carbon capture, but also pure "green" hydrogen from renewables. "We are putting in $10bn of our own money," he told the IHS CeraWeek forum.

First in line is a colossal venture at Saudi Arabia's NEOM project harnessing wind and solar from the Gulf of Aqaba to generate four gigawatts of power. This will be turned into green ammonia, a form of liquid hydrogen that can be shipped in tankers. Saudi Arabia has already dispatched its first trial load of ammonia to Japan for use in a power plant.

"The way we see the future, in 20 to 40 years from now, all the energy that mankind uses will come from wind, solar, and hydro. Forty per cent of this will be used directly to power electric vehicles, heating, light, air conditioning, and cooking. The rest will be used to break down water and produce hydrogen. That will be the source of energy to drive trucks, ships, trains, and industries like steel," he said.

That sums it up in a nutshell. You move through the gears, first displacing natural gas as a dispatchable back-up for renewables, then reaching cement, fertilizers, chemicals, or heating for buildings. The scissor-action of falling hydrogen prices and rising carbon prices brings one sector after another into range.

seafoid

The scale of money in soccer is WTF.
Bohs got a 10% cut of Matt Doherty's recent transfer.
Look at what just 10% can do in the real world of the League of Ireland

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0311/1203469-bohemians-investing-doherty-windfall-into-new-dcu-base/

Bohemians will invest their slice of Matt Doherty's transfer fee from Wolves to Tottenham into a new base at Dublin City University.

The League of Ireland side earned an estimated €1.7m when their former full-back switched clubs last summer, due to a 10% sell-on clause negotiated when they sold him to Wolves for €80,000 in 2010.

Bohs plan to invest €1.5m of that over the course of an 18-year lease at the DCU Sports Campus on the Ballymun Road, including building a gym, an all-weather football training pitch, meeting rooms and offices.

The club said they will work closely with the university to "further develop what is already a world-class facility", which will also continue to be used by Dublin GAA and other community groups.

"We have a strategic plan as a club, and I suppose what the Matt Doherty money enabled us to do was speed up this process," said the club's Chief Operation Officer Daniel Lambert.

Aristo 60

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2021, 07:05:23 AM
The scale of money in soccer is WTF.
Bohs got a 10% cut of Matt Doherty's recent transfer.
Look at what just 10% can do in the real world of the League of Ireland

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0311/1203469-bohemians-investing-doherty-windfall-into-new-dcu-base/

Bohemians will invest their slice of Matt Doherty's transfer fee from Wolves to Tottenham into a new base at Dublin City University.

The League of Ireland side earned an estimated €1.7m when their former full-back switched clubs last summer, due to a 10% sell-on clause negotiated when they sold him to Wolves for €80,000 in 2010.

Bohs plan to invest €1.5m of that over the course of an 18-year lease at the DCU Sports Campus on the Ballymun Road, including building a gym, an all-weather football training pitch, meeting rooms and offices.

The club said they will work closely with the university to "further develop what is already a world-class facility", which will also continue to be used by Dublin GAA and other community groups.

"We have a strategic plan as a club, and I suppose what the Matt Doherty money enabled us to do was speed up this process," said the club's Chief Operation Officer Daniel Lambert.

The trickle down economy at its very best?

Jell 0 Biafra

Remember before the property crash, they were going to get a bazillion euro for Dalymount, and dominate Irish football forever more?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 12, 2021, 02:19:43 PM
Remember before the property crash, they were going to get a bazillion euro for Dalymount, and dominate Irish football forever more?

Sold part of the ground twice as well, rumoured to have taken place at a boozy lunch.

Jeepers Creepers

People paying 2 & 3k for cross bread dogs that your da brought years ago for free because nobody wanted them!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 13, 2021, 10:10:14 AM
People paying 2 & 3k for cross bread dogs that your da brought years ago for free because nobody wanted them!

Price of dogs even proper breeds has went through the roof... poor dogs will be devastated when their owners head back to work!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

Your oul fella never thought to come up with a fancy name though, its all about marketing, Mutt or labradoodle which one are you likely to shell out for lol

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2021, 10:19:06 AM

Price of dogs even proper breeds has went through the roof... poor dogs will be devastated when their owners head back to work!

The shit bred out of them at puppy farms too, £2k a pop (£500 odd before Covid) .. Kerching!