Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectator

The commentary was hilarious    ;D

Alan Parry:   Spurs have a penalty at 1-1 and it's Robbie Keane to take it.

David Pleat:   Robbie Keane does not miss!
David Pleat:   Robbie Keane does not miss penalties!
David Pleat:   Robbie Keane does not miss!

Up steps Robbie ...

Alan Parry:   He does now David.

David Pleat:    I think i'd better retire ... [as a football analyst]

Alan Parry:    Not just yet David ...  ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but did I spot actor Geoffrey Palmer in the front row at the Emirates yesterday, standing applauding just after Arsenal scored their first goal?!?!

T Fearon

Couldn't have been him Rufus. He's English and the Goons don't do English ;D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on December 23, 2007, 09:29:50 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but did I spot actor Geoffrey Palmer in the front row at the Emirates yesterday, standing applauding just after Arsenal scored their first goal?!?!

Just mentioned on 2 good, 2 bad on MOTD there. I noticed the bloke with the crutches yesterday too, that they refered to.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

From BBC - Berbatov, "Spurs are shite and I want to go to a big club".

Good ole Spuds - providing laughs for 50 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

inisceithleann

Berbatov is nearly as bad as Bianchi at Man City who was quoted saying he was happy to stay there until a big club came in for him. These men have no loyalty. A couple of months ago Berbatov couldn't buy a goal. Typical.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Evil Genius

Quote from: inisceithleann on December 31, 2007, 04:25:43 PM
Berbatov is nearly as bad as Bianchi at Man City who was quoted saying he was happy to stay there until a big club came in for him. These men have no loyalty. A couple of months ago Berbatov couldn't buy a goal. Typical.

Berbatov stayed 6 years at Leverkusen - hardly the biggest club in Germany - where he was generally rated the best foreign striker in the country. The Leverkusen fans adored him, chanting his name when he came back with Spurs.

As for his apparent disenchantment with Spurs, he was persuaded to join them by Martin Jol, when Spurs had just finished 5th in the Premiership and they maintained that position in Berbatov's first season. Since then he has seen close-up the shambles that is White Hart Lane, where Daniel Levy is clearly not interested in building a successful team, but is solely concerned with building up the Balance Sheet so that he can sell out for a huge profit to the first foreign Billionaire that comes along.

Berbatov is far too good for that shower, imo.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

thewobbler

Only in the fucked up world of football could an observer describe a person getting paid £40k+ a week, and all that is expected in return is commotment to kicking a football, as "too good for that shower".

ONeill

ONeill

Spurs lost again. 26 pts behind Le Arse. 17 games left. St Totteringham's Day fast approaching.

Doogie Browser

Great result from Villa point of view last night as we owed Spurs from the earlier game at WHL when we were 4-1 up and gave them a lifeline.
As soon as I seen the teamsheet I knew we would win, the Spurs back 4 were awful and could not cope with pace/trickery of Young and Gabby. 
Paul Robinson persists with his punch policy, he cannot take any crosses at all and clearly lacks confidence, yet he was their skipper last night.
Anyway we were fully deserving of the three points and go into Sat evening's cup game with great confidence after a great Festive period.

new devil

I see we have a new member called TFearon  ??? ???

Square Ball

Maybe its his alter ego, an OWCer who supports Arsenal and Norn Iron.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

hitzelsperger

Hutton turns down £8m Spurs switch

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has rejected the chance to join Tottenham following a reported £8million bid from the Premier League side.

The 23-year-old had looked to be on his way to White Hart Lane when Spurs made their move earlier in the day.

However Hutton is understood to have turned down the chance of a move to White Hart Lane.

The Scotland right-back had looked to be nearing the end of his Ibrox career following reports of an £8million bid from the north London side.

There was contact between the two clubs and Hutton was informed of the potential opportunity to move south of the border.

However Hutton decided the move did not suit him, and the deal appears to have broken down irretrievably.

Tottenham representatives are known to have watched Hutton in action, and his outstanding performance over the past year has attracted plenty of attention from England.

The 23-year-old has made the number two shirt his own for club and country, starring for Rangers in the Champions League and for Scotland during their Euro 2008 qualifying matches.

Hutton was lauded by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson as a player who "looks as though he will become a superstar" in the future following his display against Italy at Hampden in November.

He was also outstanding in Scotland's 1-0 victory over France in Paris, and Rangers have been understandably keen to keep him in Glasgow.

The bid from Tottenham was sufficiently high for Rangers to leave a decision on the move up to Hutton, who signed a new five-year contract last July.

His loyalty to Rangers will delight the club's supporters, who see Hutton as a key player in the club's future.

Rather than move to Tottenham, who have ambitions of a top-four finish in England, he could compete for silverware in the SPL with Rangers, and have a greater chance of playing in the Champions League.

Last month assistant manager Ally McCoist expressed his hope that the defender would stay in Glasgow.

McCoist said: "We don't want to lose players of his quality."

wonder what fearon has to say about the worst team in london being turned down by a ger