Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Sod you all. Come on ye Spurs.

Hope all works out well for Martin Jol, one of the nice guys in the game.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Windmill abu on October 26, 2007, 01:06:13 AM
QuoteI bet Chris Hughton stays and will be holding that board for the next manager.

It looks like Houghton has been sacrificed as well.

Spurs have over achieved for the last 2 seasons (under Martin Jol) and their fans want to believe that they can surpass their arch rivals (Arsenal) in the premiership.

They have to face 2 realities of the modern game

1. You can not buy success, without a billonaire owner.

2. British players rarely justify theirt transfer fees, (Darren Bent)

Tottenham need to prepare a long term policy, which entails employing a manager who  wouldn't take that kind of sh*t from Berbatov,  & stop making scape goats of their managers.

I dont think Arsenal have any Billionaire owners!!!

deiseach

ONeill

A Spurs supporter walks past a shop window and notices a video for sale entitled "Totteringham - The Golden Years"
The supporter asks the shopkeeper "How much for the video mate ?"

The shopkeeper replies "£200."
"£200 for a video ?" says the fan, 'You're having a laugh.'
"Oh no" the shopkeeper replies "The video's only a fiver, but the Betamax player will cost you £195"
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Tottenham soon to become homeless bums

By Mihir Bose
BBC sports editor

Tottenham have turned to a man who played a major role in the development of Arsenal's Emirates Stadium to help them build a venue of similar quality.

Tony Winterbottom, formerly of the London Development Authority, is now masterminding plans to expand Spurs' White Hart Lane ground to about 52,000.

The project would cost in the region of £300m of which £150m would be borrowed.

But it would mean Spurs having to vacate White Hart Lane for two seasons, and may have to share with West Ham.

A couple of years ago Tottenham were very keen to become permanent tenants at Wembley but the Football Association did not want that.

Now Tottenham have again approached Wembley to inquire about playing some of their matches there while they rebuild White Hart Lane.

But Wembley want a lot of money to hire the stadium and Tottenham may only consider it worthwhile that top matches, such as the derby with north London rivals Arsenal, are played there.

So they have also spoken to West Ham, with a view to playing the less high-profile matches at Upton Park.

The problem with West Ham is that the Hammers are themselves thinking about building a new stadium, so that might complicate things too.

Another solution might be to share the Emirates Stadium with Arsenal but that seems fraught with difficulty, particularly with the present rivalry between the fans.

Consequently, there is also talk of Tottenham playing some matches at a ground outside London.

But while rebuilding White Hart Lane is the preferred option for Spurs, there are two other alternatives that are being considered.

One is to develop some land just north of White Hart Lane.

This would mean Tottenham would continue to play at White Hart Lane while the new stadium was built.

Or they could develop one of a couple of possible sites in Enfield, but that would mean a new stadium quite some distance from their current ground. Redeveloping White Hart Lane is definitely the number one choice and Paul Phillips, a project manager at Emirates, is also helping Tottenham.

Spurs have also got high-powered architect Ken Shuttleworth, who is the right-hand man of Norman Foster, whose company designed the new Wembley, on board.

ONeill

Oh Ho Ho Ho.

Ex-Gooner Larsson and Rangers manager Alex McLeish delivers Ramos an early reality check.

Spuds really are sh*t.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Chalk another one up for the new managers first game.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on December 02, 2007, 06:41:47 PM
Chalk another one up for the new managers first game.

Steve Staunton started off well for Ireland.....
Testing Accessibility

Owenmoresider

Ah Birmingham will be alright in the end, there's plenty of poor enough sides in the league, so I'd expect that they'll avoid the drop, probably a safer bet than Sundireland to stay up. Good start for McLeish, disastrous result for Spurs though.

Shamrock Shore

St. Totteringham's Day could be in February at this rate  :o

Norf Tyrone

Only seen the last 10 minutes, but what a great strike to win it....

....it was one of them ones where you knew it was in as soon as he lined it up!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

ONeill

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid