Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie99

Div 4

St Johns 1.10 St Michaels 1.12

No1

What happened is we are shite.  Warrrenpoint aren't much better, they are down to the bare bones, Magill was lined out for them last night.

Brick Tamlin

Miceal Magill i take it? Doesnt sound too encouraging, your boys mustnt be great on road.
so how did our countys finest perform for their respective clubs last night then, i take it Danny Hughes destroyed Downpatrick on his own, any reports.

off the laces

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 24, 2007, 09:20:20 AM
i take it Danny Hughes destroyed Downpatrick on his own, any reports.
I heard he scored 1.5 against the hoops the only hoops player to make any contribution was telford in the middle
Keeps 'er' straight

Whitehair

Div 2: Clann na banna beat glassdrumman by 3.

Lecale2

Is the Liatroim pitch still closed? If it is, where are they playing their home matches?

An Cloch Scoilte

At the minute Liatroim are playing there underage games on the back pitch and all senior games are away fixtures, although they did get to use Castlewellan's pitch for the recent Loughinisland game. The pitch is coming on well and should be ready within a couple of months.

Fíor Gael

Can anyone give us a report on the Bridge and Clonduff match? Extraordinary result. I see Clann na Banna and D Cross are starting to pick up points in Div 2, looks like its going to be very open this year.

goldenyears

harps v shamrocks.

one of the worst games i have ever seen, illuminated only by the outstanding play of ronan murtagh. if ballyholland could only get enough ball to him they would have won easily. the poorest shamrocks team i have seen ever, and that shows how bad harps were.

kevin mcguigan got roasted by rony, then scored a winning 50 with the last kick of the game.

ps.highlghts the problem with down football, in that here are two contenders for promotion PLUS they represent the pick of Newry! absolutely terrible, and maybe something that co board needs to address ie state of GAA in major towns in Co.Down

amallon

The Bridge played really well Clonduff were poor.  Noel Sexton scored 3-3 and is in some form.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Fog on Strangford Lough played havic with the hurling league fixtures with teams unable to cross in either direction.

ACHL Div 1
Ballygalget 7-07 1-01 Kilclief

ACHL Div 2
Ballyvarley 0-05 1-09 Clonduff
Ballycran 2-09 0-12 Bredagh

The rest of the matches were called off due to the fog.

cloneman

Annaclone 0-18 Ballymartin 1-06

An Cloch Scoilte

Who played well tonight for the clone Cloneman?

cloneman

Who played well tonight for the clone Cloneman?

Our top performers were probably Colm Fegan and Pete McColgan.  We're badly hit with injuries at the moment and were playing tonight with Aidan Fegan and Colm Farrell which would be a big miss for most teams, so pretty good result considering.

lfdown2

that farrell lad is hardly a big loss!!