Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

If Laverty can heal the club differences then we can compete, Kilcoo has had big run-ins with clubs over the year which has created a siege mentality from the magpies, Eugene is not county standard IMO Great club player though. Conor has a good brain and will scour the county, his brother is coaching in the lower leagues so there is a good network out there. I will imagine he will try a few division 4 players, what the craic with Harrison?

The oligarchs in Burren must not be happy with Burren reserve defeats at the weekend after taking in a legend to train them.

johnnycool

Quote from: SCFC on August 09, 2022, 10:44:26 AM
From another outsider's perspective, just wondering how many of last year's squad would be kept on? Would there be resentment towards the Kilcoo players like Eugene Branigan who turned down the county jersey last year and will now presumably be asked in?

big conundrum alright.

Best of luck to him and his backroom team in sorting that one out, but it needs sorted out for Down to progress.

Truth hurts

Would Kevin McKernan be an option as a selector?

Truth hurts

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 07, 2022, 08:56:42 PM
Oisin McManus hurling for St Johns now?

A lot of Liatriom people are unhappy about this as he is only in Belfast, its only a 40min trip. They should give the intermediate hurling a right rattle even without him.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 09, 2022, 12:08:35 PM

A lot of Liatriom people are unhappy about this as he is only in Belfast, its only a 40min trip. They should give the intermediate hurling a right rattle even without him.

So a 40min trip each way, 80 minutes travelling 2/3 times a week. It's up to himself if he feels that doesn't suit him at the moment.

johnnycool

Well they can take it up with his Da then, the one who put in a lot of work to get those fancy new lights up. Sure the new manager has brought his own son(s) down to play for them, swings and roundabouts.

Intermediate hurling is between them and Carryduff, Duff probably favourites, but a winnable game for the Fontenoys.

urbangael

Hopefully CL gets the 3 Branagans and 3 Johnstons to fully commit.  His apt will obviously signal the end for a lot of the current panel but the panel needs an injection of new blood. Clean slate for everyone and I'm sure the Burren lads will weight in behind him just like they did at u20 level. 

Here's hoping for a brighter future for Down.

PTC

johnnycool

Quote from: PTC on August 09, 2022, 01:03:46 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 09, 2022, 11:50:04 AM
Would Kevin McKernan be an option as a selector?

NO

You can't be foisting lads onto a new manager, let the pick who they can work with.

rosskarr

Quote from: Johnnysboys on August 09, 2022, 12:19:24 AM
Quote from: Sandstorm on August 09, 2022, 12:04:09 AM
Well Johnnysboys, I would imagine that your opinion it will not be a successful year unless Down win the All Ireland and even  if they do you will find something to bitch about. Sad person.

No where in my post have I mentioned an All Ireland - I'm not deluded like others on here.. The county board and 90% of supporters have gotten their man to take us out of the mire.. division 3 title is not too much to ask and one win in Ulster (draw being favourable) - I feel I'm being realistic. Back room team are "interesting" to say the least. I wonder will there be anyone from south down added to the ticket in the coming days.
Clarke and Morgan are both from South Down.

lfdown2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 12:16:11 PM

Well they can take it up with his Da then, the one who put in a lot of work to get those fancy new lights up. Sure the new manager has brought his own son(s) down to play for them, swings and roundabouts.

Intermediate hurling is between them and Carryduff, Duff probably favourites, but a winnable game for the Fontenoys.

Go on...

lfdown2

How many's a lot?

johnnycool

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 09, 2022, 01:53:47 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 12:16:11 PM

Go on...

Are you saying his Da wasn't involved in the planning application for the lights?

I didn't get this from his Da either BTW, but another Liatroim lad involved in it.

Hard2Listen2

Strange that they'd be unhappy as he doesn't live in Leitrim & never has.
Transfered from another club & has now transfered away again.
C'est la vie

Truth hurts

I think Conor should quit club football though as the club rivalries are really intense in Down and Kilcoo are focused in a lot due to their success. Every team at the top are envied. I do think a lot of players will step away and he will get the right player to fit his model. Chokers need to be chased and the primadonnas need to go too