The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 05:46:42 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 04:47:26 PM
Remember the couple in Arizona who drank the fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it and took it because trump said take it ? Wife is under investigation for murder, wonder are cnn running with the new development.

Your implication is that it WAS responsible and sensible of Trump and Fox News to be endlessly hyping chloroquine as a wonder drug for COVID treatment?
de blasio singling out jews for not social distancing, Cuomo calling homeless sleeping on trains disgusting I'm sure they will show the same gusto in tackling these stories

dec

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 07:20:35 PM
Remember the couple in Arizona who drank the fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it and took it because trump said take it ? Wife is under investigation for murder, wonder are cnn running with the new development.

Your implication is that it WAS responsible and sensible of Trump and Fox News to be endlessly hyping chloroquine as a wonder drug for COVID treatment?
de blasio singling out jews for not social distancing, Cuomo calling homeless sleeping on trains disgusting I'm sure they will show the same gusto in tackling these stories

I don't know about CNN but here is the New York Times article about the rabbi's funeral that DiBlasio was talking about.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/nyregion/hasidic-funeral-coronavirus-de-blasio.html

Gmac

Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 07:32:13 PM

I don't know about CNN but here is the New York Times article about the rabbi's funeral that DiBlasio was talking about.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/nyregion/hasidic-funeral-coronavirus-de-blasio.html
i don't agree with the people congregating like that for a funeral but my point is will he be called a nazi , fascist racist for singling out one community of people like they would with trump .

dec

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 07:48:21 PM

i don't agree with the people congregating like that for a funeral but my point is will he be called a nazi , fascist racist for singling out one community of people like they would with trump .

"My message to the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed," Mr. de Blasio said in another post. "I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.""

Gmac

Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 08:12:51 PM

"My message to the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed," Mr. de Blasio said in another post. "I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.""
this is a later tweet he put out after first one which called out the Jewish community.

J70

The Hasidic community is suffering hugely from this outbreak, yet in Brooklyn and Rockland County they've been congregating in huge crowds for weddings and funerals all through this crisis. They were getting called out on this six weeks ago, to no avail. About time DeBlasio spoke up. The authorities were being accused before this of being afraid of criticizing them.

And perhaps Cuomo could have chosen his words more carefully with respect to the homeless on the subway, but he is absolutely correct, especially now that train frequency is way down, forcing essential workers, including healthcare professionals, who have to travel to still huddle in the cars with sleeping and often mentally ill homeless people. The MTA, who operate the subways, have lost dozens of employees to COVID as well.

Back to my question - are you implying there was nothing wrong with the Trump/Fox News chloroquine campaign?

dec

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 08:25:22 PM

this is a later tweet he put out after first one which called out the Jewish community.

No it isn't, this is the tweet that people are complaining about.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 08:38:02 PM

The Hasidic community is suffering hugely from this outbreak, yet in Brooklyn and Rockland County they've been congregating in huge crowds for weddings and funerals all through this crisis.

And perhaps Cuomo could have chosen his words more carefully with respect to the homeless on the subway, but he is absolutely correct, especially now that train frequency is way down, forcing essential workers, including healthcare professionals, who have to travel to still huddle in the cars with sleeping and often mentally ill homeless people. The MTA, who operate the subways, have lost dozens of employees to COVID as well.

Back to my question - are you implying there was nothing wrong with the Trump/Fox News chloroquine campaign?
[/quote the malaria drug has to be prescribed by a doctor so I don't know how many used it for treatment, hoping something doesn't work because trump said it might is sick .

Gmac

Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 08:40:55 PM

[/quote sorry missed that but it proves my point Jewish community
Would he say , black, Muslim, sheikh, Latino ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 08:43:43 PM

The Hasidic community is suffering hugely from this outbreak, yet in Brooklyn and Rockland County they've been congregating in huge crowds for weddings and funerals all through this crisis.

the malaria drug has to be prescribed by a doctor so I don't know how many used it for treatment, hoping something doesn't work because trump said it might is sick .

Who was hoping it wouldn't work?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 08:48:48 PM

the malaria drug has to be prescribed by a doctor so I don't know how many used it for treatment, hoping something doesn't work because trump said it might is sick .

tds sufferers who didn't have the virus .

dec

No-one.

Trump lunatics think that liberals didn't want it to work. Though think is probably not the right word.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 08:53:48 PM

tds sufferers who didn't have the virus .

Supposing for the sake argument that that was true (it sounds nothing short of idiotic to me), in what way does that excuse or negate the utterly irresponsible and reckless promotion of an untested treatment by the US President, backed by his propaganda wing at Fox News (some of whom are apparently still trying to save face by promoting it following the NIH's findings)?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 08:48:31 PM
Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 08:40:55 PM

sorry missed that but it proves my point Jewish community
Would he say , black, Muslim, sheikh, Latino ?

Your implication is obviously that he wouldn't.

Feel free to present your case.

I haven't seen or heard of large crowds of any of those groups repeatedly flouting the public health restrictions around New York like the Hasidic Jews were.

J70

Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 09:09:54 PM

No-one.

Trump lunatics think that liberals didn't want it to work. Though think is probably not the right word.

I'd relatives spreading bullshit memes like that on Facebook.

No response when called out on it.

A day or two later the NIH put out their findings on the cardiac side effects.