Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: mup on May 18, 2018, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2018, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 18, 2018, 10:14:57 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: CJ2017 on May 18, 2018, 07:35:17 AM

Agree with Ewan, game should be played at Aughrim

It's not like Ewan has come up with this! You're agreeing with everyone. Apart from the Leinster Council.

When you think that Wicklow has hardly won a game in the last 20 years, that they still have created this image that Aughrim is a fortress, it's quite amazing! And a shame that the Dubs haven't been sent there.

Of course if it had been put in Aughrim, the Dublin County Board would have had to come out and request it be moved to a bigger ground to ensure better availability for their fans, and I'm sure they would have put up a better effort than Wicklow County Board has done in trying to move it to Aughrim (John Evans has certainly done his best in the couple of interviews I've heard with him, although there's has been the "lost cause" element to his complaint, so I don't think he got much help from Wicklow CB).

And Dublin could have been told, "Yeah, we hear yah, it's not ideal, but them's the breaks, so suck it up".

But the Leinster Council didn't go there.

A problem (I guess) is the other 11 Leinster counties are all trying to do what's best for themselves, increase their own coffers, rather than helping each other.

There are 12 counties in Leinster, it's a collective issue and Dublin are very much part of the decision making process. The counties have been told to value economics above all other considerations by the GAA, it's a capitalist competition. See what I did there.

But Dublin could be easily outvoted if the other counties had the balls to stand together. But they don't. And it's someone else's fault. The Dubs and the GAA ganging up on everyone to ensure the Dubs win everything  ::)

Outvoted on what?

On where fixtures are played. And he's right about that.

mup

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2018, 11:30:22 AM
Quote from: mup on May 18, 2018, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2018, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 18, 2018, 10:14:57 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: CJ2017 on May 18, 2018, 07:35:17 AM

Agree with Ewan, game should be played at Aughrim

It's not like Ewan has come up with this! You're agreeing with everyone. Apart from the Leinster Council.

When you think that Wicklow has hardly won a game in the last 20 years, that they still have created this image that Aughrim is a fortress, it's quite amazing! And a shame that the Dubs haven't been sent there.

Of course if it had been put in Aughrim, the Dublin County Board would have had to come out and request it be moved to a bigger ground to ensure better availability for their fans, and I'm sure they would have put up a better effort than Wicklow County Board has done in trying to move it to Aughrim (John Evans has certainly done his best in the couple of interviews I've heard with him, although there's has been the "lost cause" element to his complaint, so I don't think he got much help from Wicklow CB).

And Dublin could have been told, "Yeah, we hear yah, it's not ideal, but them's the breaks, so suck it up".

But the Leinster Council didn't go there.

A problem (I guess) is the other 11 Leinster counties are all trying to do what's best for themselves, increase their own coffers, rather than helping each other.

There are 12 counties in Leinster, it's a collective issue and Dublin are very much part of the decision making process. The counties have been told to value economics above all other considerations by the GAA, it's a capitalist competition. See what I did there.

But Dublin could be easily outvoted if the other counties had the balls to stand together. But they don't. And it's someone else's fault. The Dubs and the GAA ganging up on everyone to ensure the Dubs win everything  ::)

Outvoted on what?

On where fixtures are played. And he's right about that.

So what were they actually voting on?

TheGreatest

I think one vote a couple of years ago was to take Dublin out of Croker park, 11 to 1 No.

Dinny Breen

You do realise that the vote is presented as "If this motion to move Dublin out of Croke Park is Passed" funding available to Leinster Counties will be greatly reduced.

It's an impossible choice for delegates.

So to play individual counties is disingenuous, the problem is the GAA, all of it. 
#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 18, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
I think one vote a couple of years ago was to take Dublin out of Croker park, 11 to 1 No.

Why was there a vote on that?

Was there a vote for Offaly for play all their games at home? Or Wexford hurlers to play all their games at home?

As Dinny alluded to above it's a no win situation. Most CB's outside Dublin are struggling for cash at the moment. What do you expect them to do?

To suggest that its is as simple as a vote iS unfair on each of the CB'S.

Jinxy

Can't wait until Pairc Tailteann is finished and we never have to play in Croke Park again.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 18, 2018, 12:05:52 PM
You do realise that the vote is presented as "If this motion to move Dublin out of Croke Park is Passed" funding available to Leinster Counties will be greatly reduced.

So to play individual counties is disingenuous, the problem is the GAA, all of it.

But that doesn't fit his point of view though.

When attendances involving Dublin start to dwindle in the next few years which is inevitable if the non competitiveness as expected continues and there's less funding off the back of it then they may have a light bulb moment.

mup

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 18, 2018, 01:00:26 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 18, 2018, 12:05:52 PM

But that doesn't fit his point of view though.

When attendances involving Dublin start to dwindle in the next few years which is inevitable if the non competitiveness as expected continues and there's less funding off the back of it then they may have a light bulb moment.

It's not only competitiveness. There is a cost factor involved too.

GalwayBayBoy

A few more snack boxes being sent our way anyway.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/supermac-s-in-five-year-deal-with-galway-gaa-for-2m-1.3499189

Supermac's has renewed its sponsorship of Galway GAA for a further five years in a deal understood to be worth €2 million.

The fast-food group began sponsoring Galway hurling in 1991, subsequently becoming the sponsor for all Galway football and hurling.

This deal means Supermac's will sponsor the county's adult and youth intercounty teams in football and hurling until 2022.

Additionally, the Supermac's sponsorship deal extends to Galway camogie and ladies football.

"Galway GAA is delighted that an agreement has been reached and that Supermac's will continue to be the main and exclusive sponsor of all Galway GAA Inter-County Teams. This renewed sponsorship will ensure that Galway Inter-County Teams will be provided with the all of the resources necessary to compete at the highest levels of all National competitions in the years ahead," said Galway county board chairman Pat Kearney.

Pat McDonagh, the managing director of Supermac's, said: "Our sponsorship of the county teams is an important part of our relationship with the GAA but equally as important for us is the sponsorship we provide at local club level.

"It is the connection with supporters via club and county that makes the GAA the special organisation that it is."

Asked whether he considered taking over the sponsorship deal for Dublin, recently renewed by AIG, Mr McDonagh said: "Insurance companies are making too much money at the moment, I couldn't compete with them."

Mr McDonagh's empire includes 107 Supermac's outlets – 34 of them operated by the company with the rest franchised – as well as the Killeshin hotel in Laois, Castletroy Park hotel in Limerick, the Charleville Park in Cork and Lough Rea hotel in Galway.

He also runs motorway service stations and owns the Irish master franchise for Papa John's US fast food brand, as well as a chain of 10 pubs in the midwestern US called Claddagh Irish Pubs.

TheGreatest

Wo lads, chill out, I just presented a fact, it was voted down 11-1. I am not sure of the wording of the vote.

For info, I am in favour of playing more games outside Croker and giving other counties home advantages. I am also in favour of fairer wealth distribution.

What I am not in favour of is the Dublin bashing at every turn on various different topics and singling out individuals. 

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 18, 2018, 02:01:41 PM
Wo lads, chill out, I just presented a fact, it was voted down 11-1. I am not sure of the wording of the vote.

For info, I am in favour of playing more games outside Croker and giving other counties home advantages. I am also in favour of fairer wealth distribution.

What I am not in favour of is the Dublin bashing at every turn on various different topics and singling out individuals.

So because we asked what did they vote on you suggest we are not chilled out. Ehhh ok.

The majority of people on here are not Dublin bashing. They are Leinster Council bashing. It's your paranoia that thinks otherwise.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on May 18, 2018, 03:05:19 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on May 18, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

So because we asked what did they vote on you suggest we are not chilled out. Ehhh ok.

The majority of people on here are not Dublin bashing. They are Leinster Council bashing. It's your paranoia that thinks otherwise.

Actually I am quite to bash those Dublin supporters who refuse to acknowledge that all the advantages bestowed upon them are an actual advantage. And that sadly is the vast majority and Zulu, god bless him :)

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Meh! It's all about natural talent. Once in a life time.
#newbridgeornowhere