Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Bump, anyone know the locations of the park and rides?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2019, 04:22:14 PM
Bump, anyone know the locations of the park and rides?

My thinking is that there will be no specific park and rides. There will be changeable signage to direct to you to a particular P and R venue as you approach. As it fills up the signs will change and another P and R venue will be preferred. It allows all the buses to focus on one P and R and then move to the next etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rois

UU Coleraine is one site I believe.

Walter Cronc

Any idea of tee off times on Saturday? And if so what time you'd needa be down that way, say an hour before?

FermPundit

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 16, 2019, 07:14:10 AM
Any idea of tee off times on Saturday? And if so what time you'd needa be down that way, say an hour before?

Leaders will be out at around 2:45pm on Saturday. I would be there by late morning to avoid rushing and to give myself time to enjoy the atmosphere.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

TabClear

Quote from: FermPundit on July 16, 2019, 12:43:13 PM

Leaders will be out at around 2:45pm on Saturday. I would be there by late morning to avoid rushing and to give myself time to enjoy the atmosphere.

What time do they expect play to be finishing at on the first two rounds?

Boycey

Quote from: TabClear on July 16, 2019, 12:50:29 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on July 16, 2019, 12:43:13 PM

Last group not out til 4.16 so I'd say you looking at after 9PM

FermPundit

The last match is at 16:16 and the average time to play a round is 4.5-5 hours these days. Most people will be gone home by then though, but if you're staying locally the evening time is a great opportunity to see play up close during the first two rounds

FermPundit

Quote from: FermPundit on July 16, 2019, 12:58:13 PM

The last match is at 16:16 and the average time to play a round is 4.5-5 hours these days. Most people will be gone home by then though, but if you're staying locally the evening time is a great opportunity to see play up close during the first two rounds

It's all about who you want to follow though. Tiger and DJ are out at around 3pm so everyone will be following those matches.

JimStynes

Anyone selling any tickets for Thursday?

Boycey

Quote from: FermPundit on July 16, 2019, 01:00:57 PM

It's all about who you want to follow though. Tiger and DJ are out at around 3pm so everyone will be following those matches.

There are 3 Marquee groups out around that time that'll draw most of the crowds of course as we all want to see them but it's worth taking a wander off to a lesser group and follow the action right up close. I picked Matt Fitzpatrick a few years back at Co Down and had a great time following his group for an hour or so, he even acknowledged me a couple of times as I roared  'mashed potato' ;D

Hound

Quote from: Boycey on July 16, 2019, 01:48:54 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on July 16, 2019, 01:00:57 PM

There are 3 Marquee groups out around that time that'll draw most of the crowds of course as we all want to see them but it's worth taking a wander off to a lesser group and follow the action right up close. I picked Matt Fitzpatrick a few years back at Co Down and had a great time following his group for an hour or so, he even acknowledged me a couple of times as I roared  'mashed potato' ;D

Oh yeah, they love that!

https://youtu.be/wnY7wd6cKXc

Milltown Row2

No fancies up so far for the Open?

Rahm, Koepka and Rose for me

Outside bets on Fleetwood Fowler (bet every major) and Scott
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

balladmaker

Only being a TV follower of the game, where does the Dunluce links rate on a scale of difficulty from a professional's perspective?  I guess we'll know by the scoring at the end of it on Sunday.

GetOverTheBar

Talk of apartments / houses being rented for week for serious cash in that area.