Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

girt_giggler

Have actually watched this guy in a couple of games for Swansea in past while, has been head & shoulders above anyone else on the pitch on each occassion.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 26, 2009, 10:44:39 AM
Have actually watched this guy in a couple of games for Swansea in past while, has been head & shoulders above anyone else on the pitch on each occassion.

Ah well if that's the case we'll offer 2 million and someone else will just pinch him from under our noses.  :-\
Tbc....

Rav67

He's certainly very skilful, more of a second striker than a midfielder- that's where plays for Swansea anyway.  If there's any truth in the rumour then WGS must be planning on staying next season, which I'm sure you'll be ecstatic about GDA   :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on March 26, 2009, 01:30:06 PM
He's certainly very skilful, more of a second striker than a midfielder- that's where plays for Swansea anyway.  If there's any truth in the rumour then WGS must be planning on staying next season, which I'm sure you'll be ecstatic about GDA   :D

Not funny Rav!  ;)

But seriously, strachan weither he stays or goes still has to act like he'll be there for the future, also still has to try and identify targets for summer transfer market (part of his job).
We can only hope that Middlesborough or Newcastle do us a favour in the Summer and come in and offer him a contract, and take Naylor with him.
Tbc....

nifan

Ive seen this guy play a few times on telly, he was on the right wing when I saw him.
Looked a player too good for that level.

lfdown2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 26, 2009, 01:42:17 PM

Not funny Rav!  ;)

But seriously, strachan weither he stays or goes still has to act like he'll be there for the future, also still has to try and identify targets for summer transfer market (part of his job).
We can only hope that Middlesborough or Newcastle do us a favour in the Summer and come in and offer him a contract, and take Naylor with him.

you know my thoughts on strachan gda, though i would put a brave wad of cash on him being there next season   >:( >:(

T Fearon

Lads brilliant afternoon in Celtic Park last Friday in the company of King Billy and John Clark. Even got to ask them a couple of questions during the q&a session and got a load of stuff signed (including a Celitc jersey, past years Lions 40th anniversary commemorative one and Mc Neill's autobiography) ;D

They are absolute legends and humility personified. They were bemused that the wife and me would travel over form Ireland just to have lunch with them and treated every guest with total respect and reverence.

A brilliant and unforgettable day ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well Bhoys it's back to the day job after the Wednesday night exploits.
Should be a win, but you can never tell these days!
Hopefully with the Huns in disarray and not playing until tomorrow, we could sneak a couple of points on them on our way to 4 in a row!  ;D

P.s come on the Reds today against Linfield.

Hail Hail

Celtic v Hamilton Accies 
Venue : Celtic Park Date : Saturday 4 April Kick-off : 1500 BST Coverage: BBC Radio Scotland & BBC Sport website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady is available despite suffering a knee injury on Republic of Ireland duty.

Captain Stephen McManus is expected to play after featuring for Scotland in midweek, while Glenn Loovens and Paddy McCourt are back in contention.

Hamilton new boys Derek Asamoah and Christy Fagan are added to the squad.

Goalkeeper Tomas Cerny and Simon Mensing are suspended, while Kenny Deuchar, and defenders Brian Easton and Trent McClenahan are rated doubtful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan:
"We played Accies earlier in the season and they tried to play open football but after a couple of results at that time, Billy decided to redesign his team and make them more difficult to beat.

"He did that and changed his formation which makes it very difficult to score against them."

Hamilton manager Billy Reid:
"People will say it's a hard game; I think it's a decent game.

"We'll be lifted going to Celtic Park in front of a huge crowd and we're looking forward to it."

"I think if we were to get a point, it would be a good result for us at this stage of the season."

Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, O'Dea, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Flood, Hartley, Scott Brown, McGeady, McDonald, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Samaras, Loovens, Mark Brown, Wilson, Crosas, Mizuno, McCourt.

Hamilton (from): Murdoch, McMillan, Swailes, McLaughlin, Easton, Diatta, McClenahan, Canning, McArthur, Gibson, Neil, McArthur, Lyle, McGowan, Quinn, Deuchar, Thomas, Lyle, Kirkpatrick, Evans, Gow, Gillespie.

This season: Hamilton 1-2 Celtic, Celtic 4-0 Hamilton

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well done the Celts today, job asked - job done, nice to see the two "strikers" getting on the score sheet. Great goal from Aidaniho.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

mhacadoir

good win today, hardly broke a sweat and won with ease.

was impressed with mizuno and paddy mc court when they came on, mizuno looks a good prospect and mc court looked like he has picked up some confidence.

was good to see the two strikers on the scoresheet, also, crosas in midfield is imperative if we are going to win four in a row. we are a different team when he plays. a class act.

Boolerhead Mel

Right all the Chesney Haters who is it you want to replace him?
The first  manager since Stein to win 3 in a row and you want him out Why?

The football is better to watch than it was under ONeill

So who do you want to be the next manager-and please be realistic

Main Street

Celtic beat a bunch of kids and you claim the football is better than under O'Neill ::)

and you ask for realism?

carribbear

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 05, 2009, 09:26:39 AM
Right all the Chesney Haters who is it you want to replace him?
The first  manager since Stein to win 3 in a row and you want him out Why?

The football is better to watch than it was under ONeill

So who do you want to be the next manager-and please be realistic

I only have an issue with Chesney when he makes an arse of the tactics and substitutions plus a lot of his questionable transfer dealings (anyone want to debate the transfer successes?).

Yesterday the only player not playing in a spot he is not comfortable with was Darren O'Dea. We didn't try to play KaKaldwell in central midfield, play Samaras down the wing etc..an early goal sunk Hamilton which was good from the celtic point of view. Would love to see Koki and Paddy get more gametime but probably not the best time of the season to experiment.

Boolerhead Mel

Mainstreet

don't be an ass-my opinion was not based on the match on sat-but over the last 4 years.

lfdown2

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 06, 2009, 08:47:16 AM
Mainstreet

don't be an ass-my opinion was not based on the match on sat-but over the last 4 years.

if ye go back a few pages we have had this discussion, you can see what everyones thoughts are there saves bringing it up again!