50 Dead Men Walking

Started by carnaross, April 12, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

Anyone seen this film - reviews?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

pintsofguinness

Ive it downloaded will probably watch it later and I'll let you know.

I'm expecting anti IRA bullshit. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Archie Mitchell

Seen it before Christmas. Poor enough film.

pintsofguinness

about the informer martin mcgartland leenie

The Subbie

seen it just after Christmas, would go along with all other comments, its shite, terrible film, full of the usual cliches you'd expect, Sturgess's accent is'nt too bad, not great but better than Brad Pitts

pintsofguinness

right it was alright for the first hour or so, more neutral than I expected, but it's gets silly towards the end. 

Boolerhead Mel

You gotta love  calling himself an "agent" working for the branch as if he was recruited for his intellect and guile. He was nothing but a 2 bob tout who loved money more than his family and friends. Suffering from depression and to much drink living on benefits good enough for the c**t

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 12, 2009, 10:09:10 PM
You gotta love  calling himself an "agent" working for the branch as if he was recruited for his intellect and guile. He was nothing but a 2 bob tout who loved money more than his family and friends. Suffering from depression and to much drink living on benefits good enough for the c**t
Yup, doesnt matter what side any tout is working on, they're the lowest of the low. 

milltown row

though says a lot about recruitment. they are usually corner boys with little or no education and when pressure comes, they crack.

strange today. went to my mums as ya do on sundays, and the parade was getting ready to go, the official's were well gone (about 9am) then the Provisional went at 1.30, real small turn out by the way. so later on i went to the club for a pint and after the one headed up the lane to be faced with another march. i turned left and headed home. was this other march the "real" IRA? all very confusing. some many groups now

Old Bill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2009, 06:08:34 PM
right it was alright for the first hour or so, more neutral than I expected, but it's gets silly towards the end. 
seen it last nite in the cinema. cinema packed BTW. I would agree with you POG. Good enough for the first 3/4s, then towards the end it gets too sensationalised with a hollywood ending and way off track from what actually happened. Ben Kingsley as his handler was excellent. Sturgess accent was pretty good i thought. Think it was filmed in round Ardglass or somewhere and the urban shoots were done in Belfast. plenty of shots of the Harland and Wolfe cranes! Neutral enough also. Plenty of tuts behind me in the cinema when the sex scenes came on!

southderryman

pure shite film

glorifies touting

they should have put another 60 bullets in the sc**bag when they found him

Hurler on the Bitch

He is the boy jumped out of the top floor flat when he heard 'the boys' filling the bath for a bit of 'water boarding' for him. Anyhow, I think I read the book - I was bored! - and what suprised me was that it took so long for the 'Bon Jovies' to catch on that there was an 'out and about' in their midst. The guy ***** ***** must have been gullible enough not to suss that he was telling tales ... still ... takes all sorts ....... :-\ (The reason why I talk in rhyme and cryptic-speak is that I am an 'out and about') ...........................

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Old Bill on April 14, 2009, 12:52:38 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2009, 06:08:34 PM
seen it last nite in the cinema. cinema packed BTW. I would agree with you POG. Good enough for the first 3/4s, then towards the end it gets too sensationalised with a hollywood ending and way off track from what actually happened. Ben Kingsley as his handler was excellent. Sturgess accent was pretty good i thought. Think it was filmed in round Ardglass or somewhere and the urban shoots were done in Belfast. plenty of shots of the Harland and Wolfe cranes! Neutral enough also. Plenty of tuts behind me in the cinema when the sex scenes came on!
Does someone give McGartland one up the 'Nat King Cole' in the film?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2009, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 12, 2009, 10:09:10 PM
Yup, doesnt matter what side any tout is working on, they're the lowest of the low. 

EVen if they save innocent lives?

Just asking? Youd jump in to save a stranger from a kicking, but you wouldnt open your beak to save someone who was about to be shot?