Ulster SFC - Down v Antrim - Sat 26 May 2018 @ 7:00pm - Pairc Esler, Newry.

Started by AQMP, May 21, 2018, 10:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Will be shown on the BBC iPlayer.

Antrim failed to get out of Div 4 this year.

Down by 6 or 7.

naka

games wasn't switched because of tv so assuming its on the iplayer

down by 7
nobody  but the diehards and United fans will see it though, the £24 ticket price will be  put to good use buying 5/6 pints watching the champions league

Brick Tamlin

Therell be nobody at this on saturday night.
Down,Burns & Murray are waiting to be put out of their misery and only for a lack of real quality among the Antrim side they will stumble to an unconvincing win.
Only delaying the inevitable when they eventually bow out and the management team are roaded with either Adams staying on or Wee James swoopin in to take over next season.

Smurfy123

Down by 7 or 8
Could possibly be a crowd of below 7000 the lowest in a very long time
£24 into the stand
James has not had a successful stint with the under 17s

Milltown Row2

I cant make it as I've kids party to go to late afternoon, so I'll be watching it if its on the IPlayer, anything will be better than watching the CL final!  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

I go to most games but out lack of ingenuity in the forward line is already making me think twice. I wanna see dummy solos and guile to break the line plus Comer/Harrison style full forward ball einning

Unfortunately we have neitherand i fear we'll be lucky to score 0-8 (all frees) plus let in watery, non tackling goals

Want to go but the depression when 1-5 to 1 down after 21 mins may be too much to take

They say its the hope that kills ya...I've none

Would love to be proved wrong
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Smurfy123

Lads what are Antrim like? Only information I got was from the papers during the league campaign.
What's the under 20s like ?
Illl go with a a Down double
Seniors by 8
20s by 6

Maroon Manc

Did Down manage to retain most of the panel from last year? From memory think there'd been a huge turnover of players in the previous few years.

imtommygunn

Antrim aren't great so the question is how poor have down got. I think we, antrim, have a better chance of winning this one tHan we have had of winning an ulster game in a while.

Antrim by 2 or down by a cricket score in my view...

Smurfy123

A few have left the Down squad
G McGovern C Mcgovern J Johnstone both big players
M Poland A Carr J Murphy B O Hagen all good impact players
Down are no great shakes so if ever Antrim has a chance it would be now.
If Antrim can't put it up to this Down team now they never will

Targetman

Down to win both games on Saturday evening, I'd expect Antrim to make a game of it in the senior match but Down by 3/4, it won't be easy on the eye and estimated attendance of approx 6 /7k will lead to an atmosphere as flat as Armagh training this week!!

Smurfy123

Marty Clarke talking a lot of sense in the papers today
He says Down supporters are all saying what a brilliant year we had last year but we only won 2 games in the championship. Goes onto say that's how far Down have fallen when that is considered a brilliant year

Aristo 60

I haven't met a single Down supporter that would say we had a brilliant year last year. Plenty will say we had a great night in the athletic grounds and we got to Ulster Final / Croke Park for the first time since 2012 but nobody is saying brilliant.

ardtole

Clarke looks to get his subtle digs on Burns in, at every opportunity. 

Smurfy123

Many many Down supporters have been saying what a brilliant year it was
Avoided relegation with a last minute point and beat Monaghan let's wake up and smell the coffee folks
We have seen already how shockingly poor that Armagh team are
Out of interest what will be seen as a good year this year?
Will burns get a 4th year?