Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

I'm an Armagh man and proud of it. Mickey harte's Tyrone teams have caused me no end of pain over the years. I don't want to see then win and I don't apologise for it. However, I do not believe that he tells his players to go out and get involved in the nonsense they do. Cavanagh would be at that regardless I believe. As would the likes of ricey, Jordan, Gotmley etc. younger players groping up probably took inspiration from those guys.
As for Harte himself, I've grudging respect for him as a manager. As a person, I have complete admiration for the man.

Il Bomber Destro

McAdam should have been sent off at the start of the second half for striking McAliskey.

Bingo

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 05:49:35 PM
McAdam should have been sent taken off at the start of the second half for striking McAliskey.

Fixed.

rrhf

RTE are a disgrace with their biased hysterical reporting which feeds the unknowledgable hysteria of the masses.  Watched that game last night and the over the top stuff came from Monaghan throughout the game and went unpunished.  There was some regrettable nonsense at the end but nowhere near the piece of space that Joe Brolly or Colm O Rourke inhabit.    When Finlay came on he was on to hit all round him and shouldnt have been allowed 5 minutes by the referee.    I suspect we may start to see anti RTE /O Rourke/Brolly banners in the terraces because Tyrone people are very angry at this lynching.  Tyrone has had enough of these imposters. Clearly playing out anti Tyrone agendas discrediting only themselves and the so called national broadcaster. 
RTE want to write the rules, bully a county into communicating with them who have damned good reasons not for talking to them, and decide that county's fate in the all ireland. 
judge jury and executioner...

imtommygunn

Harte has been interviewed now and said that mccann regrets his actions.

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 10, 2015, 03:41:42 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 11:27:28 AM
Lads the hyperbole is ridiculous. Tyrone do some stuff they shouldn't, no doubt about it. It's disappointing to see and I actually don't think they need to do it. But all this stuff being shouted from the rooftops is nuts.

Would have to second that. The McCann incident is indefensible but it's far from the first of its kind and in general I've never really understood why Tyrone seem to have a reputation above all others. Sean Cavanagh plays for frees but so do Conor McManus, James O'Donoghue and a heap of others. Beyond that I don't really get it.
It is because that most people growing up in the 26 counties are a bunch of sheep that lack an ability to think for themselves.

The education system in the south, schools run by the Catholic church especially, fails in developing students with critical thinking skills. After the founding of the state, the church knew that having almost complete control of education could see them mould the Irish people into being docile and not challenge the status quo. Rote learning is good for building up knowledge but it discourages students from trying much beyond social norms especially outside urban areas. The result today is a society that is stiflingly conformist even with the Catholic church not being as strong as they were. But their influences still live on. Martin Luther was right when he said that the catholic idea of good works lead to corruption. And corruption exists in many forms in Irish life at local and national levels. The cute hoor is celebrated where they cover each others tracks in deceit as much as they can. Deference to men who are seen as learned without question is ingrained. For a long time no one questioned the parish priest of bishop. It leads to a clan and chieftain system of local communities. In most western European countries Sean Quinn would be a national villain looking at a long stretch in jail.

Tyrones big problem is that they can be as corrupt as many of their fellow men and women on this island. But they are not as cute except for maybe Mickey Harte. McCanns actions on Saturday were bad but the piousness of many criticising him and Tyrone GAA as a whole is one lacking critical theory, rationality, constructive evidence and reasoning. Instead they behave and act with selective stories and emotion, deferring to 'learned men' to speak on their behalf simply because they struggle to think then act. Just let someone else who appears smart do it. The thing is that most Irish people are very knowledgeable, but that does not mean that they are smart. To be smart goes beyond just having knowledge, its about how you act with that knowledge which many Irish people are poor at doing. So they fall behind the likes of school teachers and lawyers to speak for them. Most people who developed thinking skills and went against the grain in Ireland did one of two things, either go abroad where their thoughts and talents were more accepted, or stay at home and try and get into a social class giving them a status where people below them were willing to defer to you and if you did that, you were set for life.

So because some people choose to criticise Tiarnan McCann for diving and cheating, you can deduce that an entire educational system, and a state and a worldwide religion is fundamentally flawed and to blame. And it is to blame for everything else as well.

Now here is the self-proclaimed king of critical thinking:

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 12:39:56 PM
Ive looked at it several times. Quigley stood his ground, Cluxton with ball charged straight into Quigley, Cluxton bounces off lardarse and goes back with ball behind goal line. A fair goal I think.

And he is describing this:

Wow is all I can say.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Gabriel_Hurl

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 06:34:51 PM
Stop playing the man muppet

Good man.

Well played.

It's you isn't it?

I knew it couldn't be anything other than a sock puppet.

Gutlessly slagging of Quigley as 'lardarse' gave the game away.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 10, 2015, 03:41:42 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 11:27:28 AM
Lads the hyperbole is ridiculous. Tyrone do some stuff they shouldn't, no doubt about it. It's disappointing to see and I actually don't think they need to do it. But all this stuff being shouted from the rooftops is nuts.

Would have to second that. The McCann incident is indefensible but it's far from the first of its kind and in general I've never really understood why Tyrone seem to have a reputation above all others. Sean Cavanagh plays for frees but so do Conor McManus, James O'Donoghue and a heap of others. Beyond that I don't really get it.
It is because that most people growing up in the 26 counties are a bunch of sheep that lack an ability to think for themselves.

The education system in the south, schools run by the Catholic church especially, fails in developing students with critical thinking skills. After the founding of the state, the church knew that having almost complete control of education could see them mould the Irish people into being docile and not challenge the status quo. Rote learning is good for building up knowledge but it discourages students from trying much beyond social norms especially outside urban areas. The result today is a society that is stiflingly conformist even with the Catholic church not being as strong as they were. But their influences still live on. Martin Luther was right when he said that the catholic idea of good works lead to corruption. And corruption exists in many forms in Irish life at local and national levels. The cute hoor is celebrated where they cover each others tracks in deceit as much as they can. Deference to men who are seen as learned without question is ingrained. For a long time no one questioned the parish priest of bishop. It leads to a clan and chieftain system of local communities. In most western European countries Sean Quinn would be a national villain looking at a long stretch in jail.

Tyrones big problem is that they can be as corrupt as many of their fellow men and women on this island. But they are not as cute except for maybe Mickey Harte. McCanns actions on Saturday were bad but the piousness of many criticising him and Tyrone GAA as a whole is one lacking critical theory, rationality, constructive evidence and reasoning. Instead they behave and act with selective stories and emotion, deferring to 'learned men' to speak on their behalf simply because they struggle to think then act. Just let someone else who appears smart do it. The thing is that most Irish people are very knowledgeable, but that does not mean that they are smart. To be smart goes beyond just having knowledge, its about how you act with that knowledge which many Irish people are poor at doing. So they fall behind the likes of school teachers and lawyers to speak for them. Most people who developed thinking skills and went against the grain in Ireland did one of two things, either go abroad where their thoughts and talents were more accepted, or stay at home and try and get into a social class giving them a status where people below them were willing to defer to you and if you did that, you were set for life.

I'd vote for this man.

Down with the southerners.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 06:34:51 PM
Stop playing the man muppet

Good man.

Well played.

It's you isn't it?

I knew it couldn't be anything other than a sock puppet.

Gutlessly slagging of Quigley as 'lardarse' gave the game away.

Feck it feck it feck it!

Thats two of my covers blown today already!

Its cool having multiple egos you can get mad and get gratification for proving yourself right and wrong at the same time.

Its entertaining altho since my subconscious is the only one actually enjoying the show I am having difficultly quantifying it.

yellowcard

Tyrone getting absolutely hammered on every radio station and in every newspaper today. Can't ever remember a less popular side. Martin Carney just compared them to UFC fighters.

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2015, 06:39:39 PMI'd vote for this man.

Down with the southerners.
Northerners should not be that smug themselves. While following a different curriculum, catholic schools up here don't support much critical thinking themselves. Also most of the top schools for A-Level results are catholic grammars but many pupils from these schools have higher than average university drop out rates. Too much rote learning and spoon feeding by teachers get shown up at third level.

O'Neill, here is an example of critical thinking for you:

Quote from: Hospital Road on June 03, 2011, 10:53:45 AM
If you cannot afford an ipad, just gent a big plastic c**k and stick it on your forehead. It will do the same thing really.
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Over the Bar

QuoteTyrone getting absolutely hammered on every radio station and in every newspaper today. Can't ever remember a less popular side. Martin Carney just compared them to UFC fighters.

We are wallowing in all the attention!   The establishment fear us,  hence the faux-outrage! 🙈🙉🙊