Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Quote from: Boghopper on February 12, 2018, 02:22:33 PM
The sad thing is Clonoe and Coalisland have massive numbers and settled teams. Both players are fine footballers but will not be guaranteed starting berths. It completely is out of touch with the ethos of the association to join a bigger club purely to test yourself at a higher level. If a man leaves his club to join a smaller club to simply play football or is forced to join because of work e.g. Dublin or London then you cannot question such a move. If a lad goes to the USA to play at a higher level temporarily I cannot see how he can be faulted if he is unhappy with his own club. In a lot of these situations ultimately players go back to their original club/county like Seanie Johnston though unfortunately the reputational damage is done. Good luck to both lads any way hope they get what they want from their moves, pity we don't have a divisional team system like Kerry so lads playing Junior/intermediate can play in the senior championship then they would be able to test the rest themselves at senior level and still play with their own clubs.

Wouldn't agree with this either, Its a cowardly act and leaving your club in the lurch, walking away from your club that needs you and looked after you since you where a child!! Test yourself by trying to move your club up to a level at which the club your thinking of moving too!
Unless a player moves house to somewhere which is in a different County etc or massive distance then I dont understand why some men would want to leave their club!

Boghopper

I agree that it's preferable to stick with your own club and you will be respected more than going to a bigger club. I feel leaving unless out of necessity is likely to never end well you're essentially telling your former teammates that they and the club are useless and you feel your better than them, then there is your new club and the fact you will be taking someone else's place who has been at that club from scratch that could go either of two ways. I also believe that if someone wants to go then just sign the transfer and wish them all the best even if it kills you to let them leave. It's a divisive topic in any event and both players will likely end up returning at some point in the future to their old clubs.

stevyg27

How will the promoted teams do in Div1 this year?
Who is best equipped to stay in the division
Moy should stay up? Loss of county men for starred games will be massive as they only finished mid table in league last year (was this the main reason for that)
Derrylaughan look strong some good players that Micky could look at? Brian Kennedy and Ronan Devlin?
Agheryarn will struggle imo

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: stevyg27 on February 23, 2018, 03:25:20 PM
Moy should stay up? Loss of county men for starred games will be massive as they only finished mid table in league last year (was this the main reason for that)
Derrylaughan look strong some good players that Micky could look at? Brian Kennedy and Ronan Devlin?

All teams will be part of the bottom 8, if any of them can match what Pomeroy did they will be delighted. Moy will depend a lot on the fixtures and them starred games. Did they win any in Div2? Maybe one which would have a lot to do with their league position this last 2 years. They are an old enough team as well, this year had to happen for that group of players. Derrylaughan and Aghyaran are young and have some prospects. The Aghyarn keeper will light up division 1 no doubt, I enjoyed watching him in last years championship. It's really hard to say. A good start will be important but all 3 are relegation contenders along with Galbally, Donaghmore, Edendork maybe Pomeroy as well who will be hit by starred games. Missed another club can't think this late at night  :D
Living the dream!!!

inowbest

Any idea when fixtures will be out?When are championship draws to be made?

Tyrone Gaa

Think fixtures are due out today. Championship draw is usually made before Tyrone's 1st Ulster Championship game.
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 24, 2018, 09:32:46 PM

All teams will be part of the bottom 8, if any of them can match what Pomeroy did they will be delighted. Moy will depend a lot on the fixtures and them starred games. Did they win any in Div2? Maybe one which would have a lot to do with their league position this last 2 years. They are an old enough team as well, this year had to happen for that group of players. Derrylaughan and Aghyaran are young and have some prospects. The Aghyarn keeper will light up division 1 no doubt, I enjoyed watching him in last years championship. It's really hard to say. A good start will be important but all 3 are relegation contenders along with Galbally, Donaghmore, Edendork maybe Pomeroy as well who will be hit by starred games. Missed another club can't think this late at night  :D

You missed carrickmore

The Golden Years

Quote from: Christmas Lights on February 27, 2018, 08:44:05 AM

You missed carrickmore

Oh, wouldn't you and plenty others love to see that.  You must be disappointed every year

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 27, 2018, 10:47:39 AM

You missed carrickmore

Oh, wouldn't you and plenty others love to see that.  You must be disappointed every year

I didn't miss Carrickmore, I don't think they will go down. Are most of the old guard still playing this year?  There is a bit of youth coming through so Carrickmore have enough to be in Division 1 another while. 
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 27, 2018, 11:17:43 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on February 27, 2018, 10:47:39 AM

You missed carrickmore

I didn't miss Carrickmore, I don't think they will go down. Are most of the old guard still playing this year?  There is a bit of youth coming through so Carrickmore have enough to be in Division 1 another while.
As far as i am aware Conor Gormely, Mark Donnelly and Marty Penrose are all back out the year.  We have lost Ruairi Loughran to Australia.  Some good lads coming through as long as they dont think they have the devine right to be wining just because they won a lot at underage. Going by some of the performances so far this year at u21 level this could be an issue.

Tyrone Gaa

Wee Mel has a fair bit to answer for at this stage with no fixtures released for the clubs. I've heard a rumor that MH is holding up the publication to the clubs. That is word of mouth and speculation so I can't back that up. So Eunan Lyndsay and Wee Mel get it sorted!!!
Living the dream!!!

smort

When's the championship draw? Presume league fixtures will be released at same time? 4 weeks to adult leagues start, would have thought fixtures would be out by now.

LeoMc

Quote from: smort on March 01, 2018, 07:29:23 PM
When's the championship draw? Presume league fixtures will be released at same time? 4 weeks to adult leagues start, would have thought fixtures would be out by now.
Quote from: inowbest on February 26, 2018, 09:58:40 AM
Any idea when fixtures will be out?When are championship draws to be made?
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 26, 2018, 10:52:02 AM
Think fixtures are due out today. Championship draw is usually made before Tyrone's 1st Ulster Championship game.

Club boi

driveherin

COME ON WEE MEL!!! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP!!??