Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 25, 2016, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 25, 2016, 08:27:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2016, 07:53:30 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on March 25, 2016, 06:50:37 PM
OMG. I haven't looked on here since the weekend. This is all a bit mad. Not good at all for Antrim hurling. Could be a few criminal records come out of this, and ritely so. Embarrassing.

Criminal?? Have people lost the run of themselves???
I heard they were being hanged by the neck until dead.

Funny haha.. I'm glad you can make light of possibly one of the most serious issues in Antrim hurling in a very long time.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2016, 09:16:50 PM
OMG. I haven't looked on here since the weekend. This is all a bit mad. Not good at all for Antrim hurling. Could be a few criminal records come out of this, and ritely so. Embarrassing.

Funny haha.. I'm glad you can make light of possibly one of the most serious issues in Antrim hurling in a very long time.

There's been worse.... Derry winning ulster championships back in the 90's

I remember hearing of an Antrim player betting against Antrim in an Ulster final v Derry - that Derry won.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

reddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 10:57:30 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Jim Nelson Cup - St Galls V St Johns.
Any clarity on events MR2?

Seen the photos on clubs webpage and FB but no result!! I'm guessing with the Johnnies being the best team in Belfast that they won.. but great idea for a cup and I hope it gets bigger and better!!

certainly if run during the Feis cup period then it would facilitate the Belfast ones... I'll get the score later

Seems we were winning by 2 before the johnnies got the game abandon !! That's an auld Sarsfields tactic  :o. So that makes us the best team in Belfast!!

Ref report will be interesting  :)

Why what have heard?? Surely the referee seen what happened?? No? Apparently one of our lads ended up with 8 stitches' from a dirty  strike from behind.... And the referee apparently ran away!! Not sure as I wasn't there so only going on hearsay which is silly, no way would a referee run away... Who was the referee??

By all accounts the accounts been given seem to be quite selective. There were dirty strokes by Naomh Gall from the outset. Jim Peoples near obtained serious knee damage from one such stroke early on whilst the fella who ended up with an unfortunate knock wasn't slow in coming forward himself. Naomh Gall need to realise that they are no different than any club because of their past achievements. They cannot swing the stick as they wish and expect to be protected when teams fight fire with fire. It was a typical early season game. people trying to lay down a marker and it was a derby. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

reddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 22, 2016, 01:13:37 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 22, 2016, 09:29:42 AM
:)

You North Antrim boys can't produce a pre-season Feis quite like this!

:)

Maybe its just me but if any of this true the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves for demeaning the memory of Jim Nelson. It will be interesting to see how the CCC handle it.

Exactly. .... I heard one of our lads put a controversial johnnies lad on his hole and he reacted by dirty joe'ing him... Melee next and then the game was abandon or the ref ran away.... Either way Last Man you're correct in how this is demeaning of Jims memorial tournament

It was unfortunate that there was a few handbags but it didn't demean the tournament. Jim would not have wanted anybody to hold back and bend the knee or to play the game as an exhibition. Jim would have wanted both teams goin at each other. It's just as well that this 'controversial' lad is better than a lot of us and takes this with a pinch of salt. He doesn't let it get to him. It's This a lad who has won all-Ireland feile, won an o'keefe cup as well as multiple minors and u21s in both codes, and represented his county with great distinction in an all Ireland final. He has went to uni and is in a great job. So many good points yet you have labelled him based on one alleged incident. Does this young lad deserve to be tainted? Is sambo a 'controversial' one. no we don't let his career to be defined by what was a shocking act and nor it should be. Are st pauls and cargin 'controversial' clubs after their riot was shown all over Ireland. No we let sleeping dogs lie. I think you need to stop this rubbish with this lad.

Tony Baloney

Where next for Antrim hurling...

reddog

Quote from: Sideline watcher on March 23, 2016, 01:06:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 08:03:44 PM
Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 22, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
Some big talk from St Galls  –Best team in Belfast (Rossa will be gutted to hear this!), putting boys on their hole, controversial players and everything as usual was the Johnnies fault, I'm looking forward to their next game already :D !

No mention of the cowardly and vicious pull that caused a serious injury at the start of the game when the ref only gave a yellow and St Galls were that embarrassed they substituted the offender?  Next up was a St Galls player who 'clotheslined' another player and the ref  awarded the  free but instead of showing a standard yellow card asked him not to do it again.

To be fair to the players, the rest game was played as you would expect a local derby to be played and St Galls were good value for their lead. I think the frustration of the petty fouling in the final few minutes when St Johns went looking for a goal, lead to the bit of a 'shemozzle' and the ref just got bored waiting on the sides to separate and pick up their handbags. Done no one any favours in the long run and everyone playing in a hurling game should have the expectation of being able to go to work the next day.

You didn't see the sarcasm in my post but hey, I expect nothing else ;D.... That petty foul at the end which gave one of our players 8 stitches across the elbow, you think it was ok??

I was at the game, yes there was a dirty stroke which led to the galls man being subbed but then there were tackles on both sides of the fence that were card worthy. But to try and defend young MB, who is getting a name for himself is absolutely shocking! What he done was disgusting and wasn't needed. A great local derby ruined by two dirty strokes which led to the scuffle. Shame on the referee for leaving the field and shame on both sidelines for getting involved.

It is strange that you deliberately put someone's initials on this board. He doesn't give a toss what people write because the truth is clear. He was involved in an alleged incident last year. never proven, but people jumped on the bandwagon. So in 22 years he was alleged to have said something and was involved in last weeks incident. 2 things warrants you saying he's getting a name for himself. As I recall there were serious allegations made against a naomh gall footballer a while back. It couldn't be proven one way or another but yet this person was never attacked. The content of said allegation was a lot worse than mb's supposed comments last year. Does McC or PS have a name for themselves now after being involved last week?? No and nor they should. I think a bit of perspective is needed

paddyjohn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 25, 2016, 09:35:33 PM

I'm perfectly pulled together. I pay my admission into Antrim games and have done as 20 plus years so I'm entitled to have an opinion.

NAG1

Quote from: reddog on March 25, 2016, 10:30:17 PM
Some big talk from St Galls  –Best team in Belfast (Rossa will be gutted to hear this!), putting boys on their hole, controversial players and everything as usual was the Johnnies fault, I'm looking forward to their next game already :D !

No mention of the cowardly and vicious pull that caused a serious injury at the start of the game when the ref only gave a yellow and St Galls were that embarrassed they substituted the offender?  Next up was a St Galls player who 'clotheslined' another player and the ref  awarded the  free but instead of showing a standard yellow card asked him not to do it again.

To be fair to the players, the rest game was played as you would expect a local derby to be played and St Galls were good value for their lead. I think the frustration of the petty fouling in the final few minutes when St Johns went looking for a goal, lead to the bit of a 'shemozzle' and the ref just got bored waiting on the sides to separate and pick up their handbags. Done no one any favours in the long run and everyone playing in a hurling game should have the expectation of being able to go to work the next day.

You didn't see the sarcasm in my post but hey, I expect nothing else ;D.... That petty foul at the end which gave one of our players 8 stitches across the elbow, you think it was ok??

I was at the game, yes there was a dirty stroke which led to the galls man being subbed but then there were tackles on both sides of the fence that were card worthy. But to try and defend young MB, who is getting a name for himself is absolutely shocking! What he done was disgusting and wasn't needed. A great local derby ruined by two dirty strokes which led to the scuffle. Shame on the referee for leaving the field and shame on both sidelines for getting involved.

It is strange that you deliberately put someone's initials on this board. He doesn't give a toss what people write because the truth is clear. He was involved in an alleged incident last year. never proven, but people jumped on the bandwagon. So in 22 years he was alleged to have said something and was involved in last weeks incident. 2 things warrants you saying he's getting a name for himself. As I recall there were serious allegations made against a naomh gall footballer a while back. It couldn't be proven one way or another but yet this person was never attacked. The content of said allegation was a lot worse than mb's supposed comments last year. Does McC or PS have a name for themselves now after being involved last week?? No and nor they should. I think a bit of perspective is needed

Thanks mb  ;) ;D ::) 8) :o

reddog

Quote from: NAG1 on March 25, 2016, 10:42:15 PM

nope he doesn't have an account

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on March 25, 2016, 10:42:15 PM

Lol...

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 25, 2016, 10:26:29 PM
Where next for Antrim hurling...

I for one would be all for sending all players back to their clubs let them get on with training with the clubs.

Pick a team for the christy ring get, fulfill the commitment to that.

Use the time to complete a review of how best to move forward for next season, draft a set of proposals around the county set up for county convention and move forward from there.

Milltown Row2

Obviously this isn't meant for me as I never mentioned anyone's names or initial's you've brought up more and mentioned more in your last few posts... More power to your elbow... Oh wait a player from your club dirty joe'd a player from our club on the elbow and give him 8 stitches... He didn't nearly have a sore knee bit ended up with a nasty dirty stroke.... But hey defend whoever you want
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

If I were PJ I would put together a short term high intensity plan to win Christy ring.
That is - the squad training would start just right before it. (in honesty I don't know when that is)
Call the existing squad together and tell them this.
Then send them off to the clubs - with clear instructions that nobody is picked yet for the Christy Ring.
All bets are off. Pardon the pun.
The new Christy ring squad will be based on the club games between now and then. Nothing else.
(Assuming there is a run of club fixtures).
Well - excepting the guys who have ruled themselves out for obvious reasons.

Sideline watcher

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2016, 11:02:30 PM

Obviously this isn't meant for me as I never mentioned anyone's names or initial's you've brought up more and mentioned more in your last few posts... More power to your elbow... Oh wait a player from your club dirty joe'd a player from our club on the elbow and give him 8 stitches... He didn't nearly have a sore knee bit ended up with a nasty dirty stroke.... But hey defend whoever you want

I used initials, ok maybe I shouldn't have but I'm sure everyone reading this post knows who it was anyhow. Supposed comments, backing something up which is outright disgusting just goes to show you mentality. As for those other names you've mentioned? Care to share?

reddog

Quote from: Sideline watcher on March 25, 2016, 11:38:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2016, 11:02:30 PM

I used initials, ok maybe I shouldn't have but I'm sure everyone reading this post knows who it was anyhow. Supposed comments, backing something up which is outright disgusting just goes to show you mentality. As for those other names you've mentioned? Care to share?

Once more, a presumption of innocence doesn't apply here. Somebody said he said therefore you assume its up to him to prove he didn't say it. Was there any investigation by the county? Because surely if such a comment was made there would be ramifications??? Were there any?? It is the same thing with the Naomh Gall man a few years ago. People swore he said it but rightly so unless people could prove it then that's the end of it. Everyone has let it go. Also I am not sure if a normal person would know that it was the person who initialled that carried out said stroke. Has he a history of it? Has he had a discipline problem growing up:?? Has he been guilty of dirty strokes in the past. No that's why you were wrong. What do you want this person to do. Do you think he should come out ala Bill Clinton and make a statement on last years allegation or last weeks fight. Incidents happen all the time and that's why I through some initials out. Even the 'so called' victim last week through it about and by all accounts hes down to earth and civil. There seem to be an agenda on this board. Its purpose should be constructive. Not anonoymous slandering. If I intend on besmirching someones name I will put my name up. I have no need to now as the fight last week was just that. A fight. One last point. Sambo got a massive ban for an extremely dangerous and wild action years ago by all accounts. Did he have a name for himself? No and he shouldn't. Nor should a young lad who had his choice of both county codes this year.