Started by Eamonnca1, February 26, 2020, 02:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

As opposed to a true purist cave dwelling "Gale" ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2020, 10:16:08 AM
I seldom see a Tricolour at Club grounds.
When the new All Ireland State comes there will be a new flag.
Meanwhile sports organisations in the North should simply fly their Organisations flag.
Most club grounds I know down south would have a tri colour up for championship games

imtommygunn

tiempo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2020, 09:09:56 PM

Is that what you call youself?
All good in the shires of Roscommon, nothing to see here.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2020, 10:16:08 AM
I seldom see a Tricolour at Club grounds.
When the new All Ireland State comes there will be a new flag.
Meanwhile sports organisations in the North should simply fly their Organisations flag.

I will not be commenting on any reply you make to this but as someone who resides in the North, I for one am just sick of your absolute crap. The fact you meant this and not as a wind up shows you really have no clue about what you be talking about on this matter no matter what spoof you come out with.

Rossfan

Quote from: tiempo on February 26, 2020, 11:35:58 PM

What or who the fck are these " shires"?
Do you mean the Shines?

skeog

Jarlath Burns is a born leader who imo would make an excellent President of our wonderful organisation.

Rossfan

He seems to have been born for the role alright.
He was helping out with the TG4 Gradam gig last Sunday which won't have done him any harm either.
I presume our Mick Rock has no chance.

Taylor

Jarlath Burns 4/5
Larry McCarthy 2/1
Jerry OSullivan 13/2
Mick Rock 15/2
Jim Bolger 11/1

general_lee

Not fussed on Jarlath tbh. That said he certainly fits the "criteria" to be president.

J70

Jarlath always seems a thoughtful, articulate, intelligent fellow to me when I hear him speak.
I think he'd be an excellent president.

Lar Naparka

I will not be commenting on any reply you make to this but as someone who resides in the North, I for one am just sick of your absolute crap. The fact you meant this and not as a wind up shows you really have no clue about what you be talking about on this matter no matter what spoof you come out with.

I'd like to think I know where you are coming from and I'm fairly certain that if I lived where you do, I'd be a bit bullish about f;ying the tricolour and all that goes with it.
However, I live in the Republic and so I see things differently- a wee bit anyway.
I'd like to see a UI in my lifetime. I can't see this happening, nor in my childrens' time either. I mean the GFA is only 25 years old or thereabouts and the row between Taigs and Prods has gone on since long before the Battle of the Boyne.
However any Nationalist who really wants to see this island undivided knows there is work to be done and that includes being onciliarory to Prods with genuine concerns for their personal safety and their heritage.
Let's say you go to a GAA game; are you going for enjoyment's sake and to support the local side or are you really going to give the two fingers to the Prods who lorded it over you and your parents, grandparents etc. for generations?
Flying the Tricolour and bawling out Amhrán na bFhiann may express your cultural identity and your defiance to the billy boys but it won't improve the chances of a UI anytime soon. If it ever comes to pass that a majority north of the border wants a peaceful transition to a united country, there still remains the need for the electorate in the south to hold a referendum to approve a constitutional change.
Not too many down here would relish the idea of sectarian brawling, leading inevitably to violence and bloodshed. I really don't give a damn if unionists take to Gaelic football or not.
I'm convinced that, given time, some of them will judge the game on its merits and will take to it. Afterall, people of all shades and ethnic backgrounds in many countries are only too happy to play our game so why should it be any different with members of our separated brethren north of the border?
Back when the GAA was founded, there was every reason to use the GAA to promote cultural identity  but I don't  think the same need exists now. I'd like to see religion, politics and sectarian overtones of any sort kept away from GAA grounds all over the island.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Keyser soze

Always struck me as a lickspittle.

No wonder he is favourite.

caprea

Jarlath demonizing the GPA while looking to be president of an association that pays €1.875 million to its executives and that makes all its major decisions with money the foremost consideration.

Staggering hypocrisy

tiempo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 27, 2020, 09:26:06 AM
Quote from: tiempo on February 26, 2020, 11:35:58 PM

What or who the fck are these " shires"?
Do you mean the Shines?

The shires of Roscommon our fella, a demilitrised zone for quislings.