Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 22, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
Another defeat to a poor side that didn't need to play well to win against United. The lack of leadership when behind in a game was clear to see once.

Burnley on their last two visits to Old Trafford were denied victories with United grabbing draws with injury time goals so I suppose that win for coming for them. With 14 league games to go United could well finish below the 6th place prediction I gave.

Shocking performance and Burnley scored a wonder goal but serious howler fortune first, Martial had chances but failed to convert one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

How was Harry Maguire valued at 80m? I always thought he was average.  He cost more then Van Dijk.  Van Dijk looked quality for a few years before moving to Liverpool, even at Celtic. Maguire scored a few goals against Panama and another minnow in the World Cup and hyped up..

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 22, 2020, 10:54:45 PM
How was Harry Maguire valued at 80m? I always thought he was average.  He cost more then Van Dijk.  Van Dijk looked quality for a few years before moving to Liverpool, even at Celtic. Maguire scored a few goals against Panama and another minnow in the World Cup and hyped up..

Even Lingard looked good v Panama!

A solid back 3 is needed as a foundation. Liverpool have it with the GK, VVD and that other fella (Gomez?). United don't. They are weak and vulnerable.

mouview

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 10:50:55 PM
Another defeat to a poor side that didn't need to play well to win against United. The lack of leadership when behind in a game was clear to see once.

Burnley on their last two visits to Old Trafford were denied victories with United grabbing draws with injury time goals so I suppose that win for coming for them. With 14 league games to go United could well finish below the 6th place prediction I gave.

Shocking performance and Burnley scored a wonder goal but serious howler fortune first, Martial had chances but failed to convert one!

Think the point of no-return has been reached. OGS' past heroics as a player at OT can no longer be counted in his favour. Would he be considered as manager for any other Premier league club? Would Sean Dyche for one example be any worse as MU manager?

Throw ball

No point in getting rid of OGS.  He hasn't got the players. Van Gaal and Jose were considered world class managers and couldn't do anything much at United. Problems run deeper than the manager. Burnley are a desperate team who play desperate football and I wouldn't have their manager near any half decent club.

On a side note I love how commentators state that De Gea wasnt fouled against Liverpool while saying definitely a foul when players go down when someone sneezes beside them. I thought Hendrick had been shot he fell to the ground that easily from a nudge from Shaw.

gallsman

Hendrick was pushed in the back, blatantly and Shaw himself knew it instantly. Incomparable to the van Dijk challenge.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on January 23, 2020, 06:51:37 AM
Hendrick was pushed in the back, blatantly and Shaw himself knew it instantly. Incomparable to the van Dijk challenge.

Blatant push ref blew very quickly no issues .
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 10:50:55 PM

Herein lies the problem at the moment especially against these mid ranking teams (no irony intended) when you get clear chances such as Martial or even Mata, other teams are taking them and putting these teams away 2 and 3 nil. When you dont take the chances you obviously are vulnerable and with the confidence the way it is at the moment going one down to any team is a huge blow.

It is not a new problem, the same problem has existed under probably the last 2/3 managers and hasn't been addressed, granted along with a few other issues. Think it is time to ride out the current storm leave Ole where he is and assess in entirety with a proper strategy at the end of the season.

Milltown Row2

It literally is the end of the season, nothing to suggest improvements are coming. Using comments like mid ranking teams is wrong, Utd are and have been for a while playing like a mid ranking team.

No point having a lot of money and not using it properly. It won't last forever

johnnycool

What's the craic about the Utd supporters chanting about wanting Ed Woodward to die.

Poor form if true.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
It literally is the end of the season, nothing to suggest improvements are coming. Using comments like mid ranking teams is wrong, Utd are and have been for a while playing like a mid ranking team.

No point having a lot of money and not using it properly. It won't last forever

Hence my in brackets comment no irony intended. Regardless of the run of form over last couple of seasons, United are not a mid ranking club.

It is the end of the season barring the chase for the Top 4, so there is no point moving the pieces around the board again without a coherent strategy which shouldn't mean pressing the panic button again. If they can get someone effect in permanent or on loan to help the top 4 bid then that should give them breathing space to calculate the next move/s.

lurganblue

The team needs investment clearly.  But is Ole worth investing in? That is looking increasingly unlikely

Geoff Tipps

Remember the heady days of last summer when 3 or 4 signings would translate to 80+ points. Easy they said!!  ;D ;D

Taylor

While it is easy to gloat at Utd's demise I fail to see what a new manager will do.

LVG & Maureen couldnt fix it and eventually got the road (Jose probably because the players downed tools).

While Woodward and the Glazers have to shoulder some of the blame they have spent plenty of money and still nothing changes.

If there were new owners and they had spent the same amount of money on the similar players what would the difference be?

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 23, 2020, 09:36:50 AM
Remember the heady days of last summer when 3 or 4 signings would translate to 80+ points. Easy they said!!  ;D ;D
It was 90+ actually!!

In fairness Burnley put out a strong team against them so that's a sign of progress...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.