Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 21, 2020, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 20, 2020, 06:56:07 PM
Maybe I'm a bit harsh on Solskjaer and he's firefighting as best he can but I just don't think he has it. Comes out with a lot of rubbish and harks on too much about the old days. I think he threw some of his players under the bus a bit too quickly as well. End of the day he's the manager and it's his job to insist to the board what is needed player wise. Running them out the door without cover was stupid.

This is the main issue with Solskjaer. He doesn't have the clout to knock on Woodward's door and demand the players he needs. He's indebted to the guys that gave him a job the prestige of which he wouldn't have got anywhere else.

It's a bonkers situation. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea offering up a CL spot on a plate, yet United show no urgency to go and grab it. 10 days left in the window and nothing seems imminent. Go and get a couple of players and have a proper go at fourth place. Surely the continued rebuilding would be easier from the summer onwards with CL football to offer prospective recruits. But then you remember this quote and everything makes sense:

"Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."

c***ts.
Yep it's a bad hole Utd have dug themselves into. Apparently there's a strategy forward though. I wouldn't be overly confident though.
For a start it looks like the wrong man at the wheel. I never bought into that rubbish either of clearing out the deadwood and having a reset at the club. That's what perennial relegation struggling clubs come out with. That's not how top clubs go about their business. They had plenty of talent there but needed to tweak things a bit with a top class man in charge backed financially. Granted the Sanchez contract was wreaking havoc but I think they talked themselves into believing the squad was a bigger mess than it actually was.
I'd definitely agree with you on the importance of CL qualification attracting new talent. So their next moves are important. As you said Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are very likely to improve and will be flexing their clout in the transfer markets too so there's no cheap way out of it no matter what they say. Some bit of leadership and experience wouldn't go amiss either when they do select their targets. I think they've thrown the baby out with the bathwater on that front over the last few windows.

Square Ball

I see Phil Jones is starting tonight, would rather have Bailly even though he is only back from injury.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

rodney trotter

Maguire is a younger version of Jones. A big lump who is like bambi on ice.

Square Ball

Don't worry everyone, Ole has the wheel.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Square Ball on March 06, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
f**k me, of Ole doesn't get this job after this.absolutely fantastic

Soccer supporters are so fickle.

Milltown Row2

I think it's safe to say what's happening is beyond repair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2020, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on March 06, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
f**k me, of Ole doesn't get this job after this.absolutely fantastic

Soccer supporters are so fickle.
Indeed, he was flying, then the wheels fell off, the he was exposed as being naive. I meant what I said than and now consider him to not be the right man to manage. If I am wrong so be it and I will admit it. So do you really hand on heart believe he is good enought to manage?

Milltown Row2

Perfect opportunity to get within 3 points of 4th place, which I believed was unrealistic but Chelsea has imploded recently, so it wasn't Utd's form that was actually going to allow them to press for that position.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Enough is enough. Get poch in when he is available.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

nrico2006

No sign of improvement, worse than under Mourinho. Time for him to go.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

A few weeks ago I said Maguire was barely an upgrade on Smalling. I wish to apologise. He's actually worse 😂

laoislad

All part of the full reset is all this is...all part of the plan.
I'd give Ole a 5 year extension on his contract.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jeepers Creepers

Brutal stuff. No point in OGS going if Woodward remains. Thought this was funny https://twitter.com/essinem7/status/1220109270559219712?s=21

Milltown Row2

Cunny Funt

Another defeat to a poor side that didn't need to play well to win against United. The lack of leadership when behind in a game was clear to see once.

Burnley on their last two visits to Old Trafford were denied victories with United grabbing draws with injury time goals so I suppose that win for coming for them. With 14 league games to go United could well finish below the 6th place prediction I gave.