The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: supersub on May 03, 2018, 09:36:54 AM
Mane should have had a penalty in the first half too. Blantant push in the back. If an attacker did that on a defender or someone did it on the keeper in the box it would be a free out. So works both ways. Agree TAA handball was 100 mile an hour stuff from close range would have been harsh. Karius got lucky with the Dzeko one, terrible timing. New GK needed, don't care how much he has 'improved'.

Cant help but think if we weren't so far ahead we would have pushed on and scored more, so not overt worried about the result. First defeat in CL this season though - only unbeaten team until last night.

Salah was well marshalled alright, but he can't do it every game so good to see Mane continuing to shine and someone else getting the goals outside of the front 3.

Madrid will be Madrid and it will be an open game no doubt. Every chance of winning though!

Liverpool can raise their game for the one off big games but seem to struggle with the mundane week to week stuff.

I fancy them to beat Madrid who rode their luck against a good Bayern, but the keepers mess left them with too much to do.

rory

Ramadan could be a major factor on Mo in the final.  Sunrise in Kiev on the 26th is at 5am so he'll have been up and eaten by then.  He'll then fast until roughly 9pm (no food or water).   Game kicks off at 9.45 local time, so he'll have about 45 minutes to get hydrated before the game.
I read somewhere that he struggled back in his Chelsea days during pre-season that fell in Ramadan.
Hopefully he has gotten more used to it now, but it's still a worry.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rory on May 03, 2018, 10:42:49 AM
Ramadan could be a major factor on Mo in the final.  Sunrise in Kiev on the 26th is at 5am so he'll have been up and eaten by then.  He'll then fast until roughly 9pm (no food or water).   Game kicks off at 9.45 local time, so he'll have about 45 minutes to get hydrated before the game.
I read somewhere that he struggled back in his Chelsea days during pre-season that fell in Ramadan.

Fingers crossed  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteLiverpool have scored more goals in the Champions League this season than Everton have scored in the Premier League! #LFC

;)

Minder

VVD has turned out to be a colossus, didn't see much of him before he came to Liverpool but he has everything.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Itchy

Sorry but I cant see Liverpool winning this game. 3 nil to Real. I think Liverpool have done very well but have been over stated and carry too many average players.

Gabriel_Hurl

Thanks Itchy - insightful stuff

Avondhu star

Quote from: Itchy on May 03, 2018, 01:24:02 PM
Sorry but I cant see Liverpool winning this game. 3 nil to Real. I think Liverpool have done very well but have been over stated and carry too many average players.
Hard to argue with their victories against Manchester City. No problem scoring goals home and away. I know that they can let in a few soft ones as well but goal scoring wins games. Real Madrid leave in a few as well.

Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Asal Mor

It seems that Salah has gotten an exemption from fasting from the Grand Mufti of Egypt. Mane and Can are also Muslims.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/04/26/grand-mufti-egypt-grants-mo-salah-teammates-permission-postpone-fasting-world-cup-looms

trueblue1234

Fair enough analysis, Squad wise RM are much stronger. Only 11 can take to the field and I think the Liverpool first 11 can give them a good rattle,. Either way, given some of the disappointing and irrelevant end to seasons we've had recently, it's a great position to be in and should only help in attracting talent. That's something that I think the club need to be sharp on. Getting to the final is a big boost for the club and will make it more attractive to players looking to move. But that needs to be backed up financially now that we are in a position where we can say we're competing with the top table again. For a push at the league we need a much more rounded squad.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 03, 2018, 01:55:33 PM
It seems that Salah has gotten an exemption from fasting from the Grand Mufti of Egypt. Mane and Can are also Muslims.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/04/26/grand-mufti-egypt-grants-mo-salah-teammates-permission-postpone-fasting-world-cup-looms

You read article?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

What is this based on? Liverpool will score at least 2 goals minimum against that ropey Real Madrid defence. Liverpool won't keep a clean sheet either but i think this final will be similar to the UEFA cup final of 2001.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2018, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on May 03, 2018, 01:55:33 PM
I read somewhere that he struggled back in his Chelsea days during pre-season that fall in Ramadan.

You read article?
Oops. Had just read the first  couple of paragraphs and thought "that's grand so". I'd be amazed if he doesn't get an exemption for the day at least though.

Itchy