Gmail question

Started by Asal Mor, February 05, 2018, 10:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

I just sent a group email to some people. In my sent mail its showing a previous 1-to-1 email conversation I had with one of the recipients in a thread with the group mail even though I'm sure I clicked on compose new mail. I'm using Gmail. Is it likely that the group can read the previous conversation I had with 1 of them?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 10:58:04 AM
I just sent a group email to some people. In my sent mail its showing a previous 1-to-1 email conversation I had with one of the recipients in a thread with the group mail even though I'm sure I clicked on compose new mail. I'm using Gmail. Is it likely that the group can read the previous conversation I had with 1 of them?

No it's not.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 05, 2018, 11:02:06 AM

No it's not.
Thank fcuk for that. Cheers Geoff.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

No it's not.

Think there's a setting in Gmail to stop it grouping emails together like this. Do a google for it and you'll find it easy enough.

blewuporstuffed

The way gmail lay out their inbox can be very confusing.
I have had a couple of  'ah fcuk, what have I done' moments before realising I was ok!

There is probably some way of changing it to a more 'standard' layout
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

giveherlong

Is there any way to email a contacts group in Gmail using the iPhone app? Seems like it can only be done on the desktop version

Asal Mor

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 05, 2018, 11:08:35 AM

No it's not.

Think there's a setting in Gmail to stop it grouping emails together like this. Do a google for it and you'll find it easy enough.
Thanks Geoff will do that.

Asal Mor

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 05, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
I have had a couple of  'ah fcuk, what have I done' moments before realising I was ok!

It is a balls. Would put the heart crossways.

Asal Mor

Quote from: giveherlong on February 05, 2018, 11:11:51 AM
Is there any way to email a contacts group in Gmail using the iPhone app? Seems like it can only be done on the desktop version
I've found the same thing on a Samsung.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 06:00:02 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 05, 2018, 11:10:04 AM

It is a balls. Would put the heart crossways.

Yep, done the same myself before!!

You want to untick "conversations" or something like that in the display settings.

Tony Baloney

No it's not.
Tell us what you said about the bastards. It'll be our secret.

Asal Mor

:)  it was all very complimentary. I just didn't want them getting big heads.

johnneycool

I've the same issue with yahoo mail.

Sometimes in long email chains and you want to respond to a particular email in it you haven't the first clue what is going on!