u Torrent

Started by Asal Mor, January 06, 2014, 06:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Hey lads, my u Torrent has stopped working at the worst possible time (NFL Playoffs). If i go to Pirate bay and select a torrent it appears in utorrent but nothing happens. It still says connecting to peers a few hours later but it's not doing anything. It had worked fine for years and suddenly it's stopped for no apparent reason. I didn't change any settings that I'm aware of. I even tried removing utorrent and re-installing but it's still the same. Any ideas or alternatives? I'd be very grateful for any help.

Christmas Lights

Are you using it for streaming sports?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 06, 2014, 06:45:22 AM
Hey lads, my u Torrent has stopped working at the worst possible time (NFL Playoffs). If i go to Pirate bay and select a torrent it appears in utorrent but nothing happens. It still says connecting to peers a few hours later but it's not doing anything. It had worked fine for years and suddenly it's stopped for no apparent reason. I didn't change any settings that I'm aware of. I even tried removing utorrent and re-installing but it's still the same. Any ideas or alternatives? I'd be very grateful for any help.
i use bit torrent for downloading music/ films etc.
are you using this to stream live sport or just download things?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Asal Mor

Just for downloading. Maybe it's a blessing anyway, if it means spending less time on the sofa and more on my feet.

laoislad

Mine working fine.
Are you sure there are seeders for the file you are downloading?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Asal Mor

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2014, 12:03:16 PM
Mine working fine.
Are you sure there are seeders for the file you are downloading?

Yeah, hundreds of seeders. It's a strange one. Not to worry.

Main Street

Your torrent client has stopped working at your "worst possible time",  you start a thread  looking for help and when Laoislad asks you a question you say  "not to worry"?
Now I'm worried about you.

Being connected to peers doesn't mean that you are open to them.
Have you any download or upload speed at all?
Do you have the green light? 
Has your incoming tcp port (nat) an incoming connection? 
You'll see the green or red or orange light in uTorrent's  options/preferences.

Wildweasel74

the pirate bay proxy i was using was kayoed by sky so maybe thats where u problem is and need a new proxy to link to u torrent. i havent looked round yet for  anew alternative

laoislad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 06, 2014, 09:25:51 PM
the pirate bay proxy i was using was kayoed by sky so maybe thats where u problem is and need a new proxy to link to u torrent. i havent looked round yet for  anew alternative

http://www.piratebayproxylist.com/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

well thats that sorted again!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Main Street on January 06, 2014, 06:34:01 PM
Your torrent client has stopped working at your "worst possible time",  you start a thread  looking for help and when Laoislad asks you a question you say  "not to worry"?

If a problem can't be sorted out almost immediately, I'm inclined to just say fcuk it. Especially when it comes technology. I don't have any down or upload speed and I don't think I am connected to peers. It still says "connecting to peers". Went into options/preferences and couldn't find any green or red lights.

Main Street

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 07, 2014, 01:57:36 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 06, 2014, 06:34:01 PM

If a problem can't be sorted out almost immediately, I'm inclined to just say fcuk it. Especially when it comes technology. I don't have any down or upload speed and I don't think I am connected to peers. It still says "connecting to peers". Went into options/preferences and couldn't find any green or red lights.
I don't know exactly where you see your uTorrent connection status in Windows OS, but it has to be somewhere.
In Mac OS it's
Preferences  < Network < incoming tcp port. 

Thats's the first place to check when troubleshooting connection issues - the tcp port, that's the door where all the torrent activity comes and goes through. It's a port selected at random by uTorrent and uTorrent just settles on using the same port it has found to be open,  but sometimes uTorrent will just get stuck trying another port which is shut tight.
Check on your connection status and report back,
or just try another torrent client.

theskull1

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 06, 2014, 09:25:51 PM

http://www.piratebayproxylist.com/

Raids taking place today in sweden ..... everywhere is down it would seem  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

brokencrossbar1

I use this one,  seems to be pretty good and reliable

http://kickass.to.prx.websiteproxy.co.uk/new/

screenexile

A lot of file sharing/streaming sites shut down recently it would seem also more blocked by the ISP. Thank god for Hola Unblocker!!!