Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 05, 2019, 04:10:13 PM
Living in Dublin, I never get to see any club football so am always interested to hear people's opinion on club games involving county men.

Just wondering what are people's thoughts now of who has a chance of pushing their way into the starting 15 or 21 including subs?
Have we moved away from playing smaller players like Bradley(I know he's away) and say Lee Brennan or will these guys get their chance mid summer?

McShane has probably made the most progress this year so far and has proven a lot of doubters wrong about him. Of course some will say it was only league football and can he do it in the championship but I think he will prove to be a very important player in the years ahead.
Rotating Mattie and Peter Harte into that FF line too seems to be proving very beneficial but I'd still like to see a natural talented corner forward who excites us when he gets the ball.
Donegal will be pushing hard this year to make up for last year and you would imagine with a few of their big guns back they will like some revenge for last year. They do not have the same fear of Tyrone that they used to have pre McGuinness.

You will soon. Might take a year or two but he's there already. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

Will we see anything of young Canavan this summer?
I get the feeling Mickey will be happy to throw him in early.
Will he be more of a half forward with more space to operate or a corner forward man?

Dire Ear

Lee Brennan will be there or thereabouts come August

WT4E

Is this where its all about to kick off??  :-X

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

But is it old or new? Please god let it be old.

Localexpert

Not much you can do when you're handcuffed  ;)

TwoUpTwoDown

I'm praying it's old. The tattoo work appears to be different. It's definitely a thorough examination...

southtyronegael

Pure filth. And to think he was in the paper last week slabberin that he doesn't rule out a return to the Tyrone jersey. No chance mate.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 11, 2019, 10:40:47 PM
Pure filth. And to think he was in the paper last week slabberin that he doesn't rule out a return to the Tyrone jersey. No chance mate.

It's far from ideal and has been a horrible situation for all involved. But I wonder would you describe it as 'filth' had the warden and guard in question been female?

RedHand88

Is that a qualified physician giving an examination whilst following guidelines?

southtyronegael

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 11, 2019, 10:50:50 PM

It's far from ideal and has been a horrible situation for all involved. But I wonder would you describe it as 'filth' had the warden and guard in question been female?
listen i like a bit of rimming as much as the next man but i usually get the wife to do it and i dont let anyone fuckin film it to show the whole world while representing my county. mc carron is filth, not the actual acts as such.

toby47

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 11, 2019, 10:58:09 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 11, 2019, 10:50:50 PM

listen i like a bit of rimming as much as the next man but i usually get the wife to do it and i dont let anyone fuckin film it to show the whole world while representing my county. mc carron is filth, not the actual acts as such.

Lol

Fuzzman

Only 4 weeks to the start of the championship lads. Hard to believe it is back already.
Surely Derry will be a bit better placed for a scrap than they were in previous years.
Going through their league unbeaten surely will at least be good for their confidence. Have they any new young players to watch out for? It will be interesting to see do they play a heavy blanket and try to contain Tyrone or go for it.

I wonder will Mickey continue where he left off in March with Mattie, Petey and McShane rotating into full forward and us playing a lot more direct?

Will this game be all ticket or just pay at the gate I wonder? I presume the Derry support won't be that great.

Surprisingly, you have to go back to 2011 for the last time Tyrone won a 1st round/Preliminary round game in Omagh when we beat Monaghan. 

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 12, 2019, 12:21:20 PM
Only 4 weeks to the start of the championship lads. Hard to believe it is back already.
Surely Derry will be a bit better placed for a scrap than they were in previous years.
Going through their league unbeaten surely will at least be good for their confidence. Have they any new young players to watch out for? It will be interesting to see do they play a heavy blanket and try to contain Tyrone or go for it.

I wonder will Mickey continue where he left off in March with Mattie, Petey and McShane rotating into full forward and us playing a lot more direct?

Will this game be all ticket or just pay at the gate I wonder? I presume the Derry support won't be that great.

Surprisingly, you have to go back to 2011 for the last time Tyrone won a 1st round/Preliminary round game in Omagh when we beat Monaghan.

I would love to see this happen.
It bore great dividends in the league.

Hoping we dont revert to type in the c'ship or as the c'ship progresses and the games get tougher. It may get us far but it wont win Sam which has to be the aim