Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Just saw. f**king hell, absolutely out of the blue.

gallsman

Canelo signs 5 year, 11 fight contract with DAZN. $365m.

Biggest contract in sports history.

JoG2

Jason Quigley wins last night to take his record to 15-0. Unanimous but tight going apparently. Would love to see Quigley get a shot at the world title, comes across as a top bloke

Full fight to watch later (or now if you work in the public sector)

https://youtu.be/hV4PTzcLaQk

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on October 19, 2018, 09:26:12 AM
Jason Quigley wins last night to take his record to 15-0. Unanimous but tight going apparently. Would love to see Quigley get a shot at the world title, comes across as a top bloke

Full fight to watch later (or now if you work in the public sector)

https://youtu.be/hV4PTzcLaQk

He has had bad luck with injuries so hasn't really got fighting regularly, hopefully that changes. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 05, 2018, 10:06:02 PM
Canelo fighting Rocky Fielding at Super middle weight next. I did not see that coming.

Just saw a picture of these two together and the size difference is huge.  Now obviously i expect Canelo to win this but surely his future cannot lie at that weight division.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on October 19, 2018, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 05, 2018, 10:06:02 PM
Canelo fighting Rocky Fielding at Super middle weight next. I did not see that coming.

Just saw a picture of these two together and the size difference is huge.  Now obviously i expect Canelo to win this but surely his future cannot lie at that weight division.

If you believe reports Alvarez he can rehydrate to anything from 180-200 pounds for fight night. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Tickets for the Frampton fight are going slowly.
Would expect them to have to add someone to the card.

What about Conlan?

oakleaf93

Quote from: Taylor on October 20, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

What about Conlan?
Surely that's due to the date of the fight. Too close to Christmas for most

Taylor

Quote from: oakleaf93 on October 20, 2018, 09:33:42 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 20, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

What about Conlan?
Surely that's due to the date of the fight. Too close to Christmas for most

No doubt it's due to the date. Doesn't mean they don't have to add someone to the bill increase ticket sales

gallsman

In perhaps the strangest announcement in a long time, Floyd Mayweather is set to fight a 20 year old Japanese kickboxing potential superstar in the Rizin Fighting Federation in Saitama on New Year's Eve. Rules, weight, money etc completely up in the air. Mental.

Chicago Hurling

Quote from: gallsman on November 05, 2018, 06:15:09 AM
In perhaps the strangest announcement in a long time, Floyd Mayweather is set to fight a 20 year old Japanese kickboxing potential superstar in the Rizin Fighting Federation in Saitama on New Year's Eve. Rules, weight, money etc completely up in the air. Mental.

Has to be having money problems...there's no reason for him to do this at his age
Chicago -> Milwaukee -> Galway

Mayo for Sam

Boycey

I see in reports that the weights are to be decided in the coming weeks but from the picture of the two together Mayweather is twice his size

lurganblue

Tough way to lose for Burnett at the weekend. Freak injury. He was boxing well at the time too and i would have expected him to go through to the next stage of the tournament. Unfortunate.

nrico2006

Mayweather looks a lot bigger than the Japanese fighter.  Of course it will be a boxing bout, Mayweather won't budge with the rules. 

Sickener for Burnett, hopefully he isn't out too long and can get back to fight for a title soon enough.  The super series has been good so far but they will probably end up ruining it too, they already have another cruiserweight one lined up straight after the original, with some of the losers from the first one included.  They should cycle through the divisions and hit each one every 3 or 4 years. 

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on November 05, 2018, 06:15:09 AM

So it turns out Floyd didn't agree to this fight and in fact has never heard of the other guy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46128264
That was never a square ball!!