Laois Under 21 Football championship 2016

Started by Hospital Pass, October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

O Dempsey's beat us in the U21, Best of luck to O Dempsey but we are both a fair way below Josephs at this level.

Bueller

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 30, 2016, 03:41:36 PM
Quote from: Butch Cassidy on October 30, 2016, 08:15:27 AM
What's Portlaoise underage structure like? Have they much coming through?

It was let slip for a few years,  living off the senior football success. Haven't had much success the past 3/4 years. They have their house in order now,  though it may take a few more years to come to fruition.
House in order? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

If by house in order, they are going poaching smaller clubs players then I guess you're right.

clonadmad

We lost our best 2 u12's to them this year

Ballyroan Abbey

This is a trend to be fair with bigger clubs poaching, gilmartin from kyle to camross, kingstons from barrowhouse to killen, even in my own parish over 20 juveniles have went from ballypickas to abbeyleix in the last few years, lost more to ballinakill, we have been guilty of it in the past too im sorry to say, so this isnt me bashing everyone around us
even off the minor football team this year you could see tyrell of camross, hitchcock of ratheniska and comerford from harps being targeted (i know hes from arles area), the reality is the county board is going to side with the big club the majority of the time because the people in charge are from big clubs with the exception of maybe brian allen

town1980

O demoseys beating ballyroan was a shock for me ,,,they wud not be strong underage at all,,,ballyroan Abu abbey Wat happened here???

Downtheroad

It's a bit of a surprise taking into account their respective status at minor. Normally a good few minors will play u21 as well. Might mean it will take longer for some Ballyroan players to come through. Nevertheless, good result for O'Dempseys.

PS apologies for overlooking Stradbally Parish Gaels against Graiguecullen. That should be a good game as both outfits have performed well at minor over the last number of years. Often at u21, it comes down to who is available as one never knows what they have until they turn up on the day.

BallyroanAbu

We are a disappointed with the result.   For whatever reason we did not perform yesterday.   It would stink of sour grapes to not say O Dempsey's were more than deserving winners.   It goes to show when you don't bring your A game to pitch then it is hard to expect the right result.   We have plenty of fine players but it's up to us to bring them along the right lines and to develop them into quality senior  players.

Don Draper

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on October 30, 2016, 10:12:39 PM
This is a trend to be fair with bigger clubs poaching, gilmartin from kyle to camross, kingstons from barrowhouse to killen, even in my own parish over 20 juveniles have went from ballypickas to abbeyleix in the last few years, lost more to ballinakill, we have been guilty of it in the past too im sorry to say, so this isnt me bashing everyone around us
even off the minor football team this year you could see tyrell of camross, hitchcock of ratheniska and comerford from harps being targeted (i know hes from arles area), the reality is the county board is going to side with the big club the majority of the time because the people in charge are from big clubs with the exception of maybe brian allen
Well thats some f**king attitude to have.

Helix

Problem at juvenile level with clubs poaching is nearly down to the parents thinking they're better off in long run playing for bigger club. As Clonad lad said, we lost 2 of our finest juveniles in the club to Portlaoise, and potentially 2 more over the winter. It is quite frustrating to develop a team and then for players to go to supposedly greener pastures. I'm sure my own club not the only one who this will happen to.
Regarding Arles Kileen, I'd say not too many in the county will shed  a tear whenever the demise comes to fruition(if it does). I've seen in one player in particular being asked to play for Kileen after a county final at juvenile level a few years back. I see now they're starting to put out team at underage as Na Fianna so might get there playing numbers right in few years time. Time will tell.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

High Fielder

The County Board obviously buys into the Free Movement of Persons regulation. Problem is, that's not what the GAA was founded on. This idea of cherry picking good young lads from small clubs is a real sickener. Do it the right way and have a formal arrangement in place whereby the smaller club's lads can play with the bigger club if they so wish. Anything else is just a transfer system, and most probably illegal unless these lads are actually living in the area. Unlikely.

Helix

Quote from: High Fielder on October 31, 2016, 02:15:46 PM
The County Board obviously buys into the Free Movement of Persons regulation. Problem is, that's not what the GAA was founded on. This idea of cherry picking good young lads from small clubs is a real sickener. Do it the right way and have a formal arrangement in place whereby the smaller club's lads can play with the bigger club if they so wish. Anything else is just a transfer system, and most probably illegal unless these lads are actually living in the area. Unlikely
The problem we have is we're technically in both Portlaoise and raheen parish. The Clonad area in raheen and the pitch technically in Portlaoise parish. Because we've no school we're drawing from Portlaoise area along with Heath and the odd few in Raheen area with family ties to club. We haven't much of a leg to stand on in that regard. The majority of people are in Portlaoise area which makes it handy to seek transferring to Portlaoise.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Don Draper on October 31, 2016, 11:38:35 AM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on October 30, 2016, 10:12:39 PM
Well thats some f**king attitude to have.

I never said i agreed with it im just pointing out the reality of the situation, unfortunately there is a lot of greedy people in clubs in laois who are never happy with what they have,

BobbyBoucherJr

No players have been "POACHED" by portlaoise. It's easy to accuse the club of poaching players. The facts are the players themselves requested a  transfer to portlaoise. There is not scouts going around to matches looking for players.  Portlaoise have lost players to other clubs in the past but because they left portlaoise for another club, that is not considered as poaching.  Get your facts right lads before ye start posting about portlaoise just because you don't like them.  >:(

Helix

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 31, 2016, 07:46:24 PM
No players have been "POACHED" by portlaoise. It's easy to accuse the club of poaching players. The facts are the players themselves requested a  transfer to portlaoise. There is not scouts going around to matches looking for players.  Portlaoise have lost players to other clubs in the past but because they left portlaoise for another club, that is not considered as poaching.  Get your facts right lads before ye start posting about portlaoise just because you don't like them.  >:(
I'd say it down to parents at juvenile level looking for transfers rather than juveniles. You hardly expect 10-12 year olds going putting in requests? Haven't seen our club gain lads coming from Portlaoise anyways. I know Portlaoise lost 2 lads to Trumera in 2016. The main loss Portlaoise has is the lads choosInt football over hurling for obvious reasons.