Univeristy season 2007/08

Started by SuperHans, September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malone Aristocrat

As bennydorano says, a comprehensive humping for Queens. they were very poor and there was little bite in the game, which was the very least i expected.
DCU had quality on the ball all over the pitch and outfought and out muscled the queens men in every sector.

disappointing to hear about damien McCaul's injury in dublin, which marred a great win down there for the poly.
best wishes damien.

Our Nail Loney

Havent got the irish news yet anyone post the QUB team please??

bennydorano

QUB

F Murphy
L Howard; N Mcgovern; D Mcbride
J Loughrey; R Dillon; J Crozier
Vernon & Courtney
C Kielt; C MAginn; SL MCGoldrick
J Kielt; C Leonard; S O'Neil

How many are missing from that?

orangeman

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on November 13, 2008, 10:40:09 AM

As bennydorano says, a comprehensive humping for Queens. they were very poor and there was little bite in the game, which was the very least i expected.
DCU had quality on the ball all over the pitch and outfought and out muscled the queens men in every sector.

disappointing to hear about damien McCaul's injury in dublin, which marred a great win down there for the poly.
best wishes damien.

Does anyone know what sort of an injury it is ?

Malone Aristocrat

Hmm... hugh gallagher (full back), niall bogue (full back), Joe o'kane (half back), Paul McCumiskey (full forward).
think that'd be it? dcu would have more missing?
very early days yet

DownFanatic

Bogue, Gallagher, O'Kane and McComiskey would be 4 definite starters for Queens. 3 of them are survivors of the last Sigerson winning team. I wouldnt give up hope on the Malone Road boys yet. Id still fancy them for the Sigerson. DCU will obviously be the biggest threat but a fully fit Queens side can definitely win it.

bennydorano

Seanie Johnston would've been DCU's main man missing.

mockba

Surely Niall Bogue has left Queens.  Was he not supposed to be doing a masters last years?

bigfrank

Quote from: orangeman on November 13, 2008, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on November 13, 2008, 10:40:09 AM

best wishes damien.

Does anyone know what sort of an injury it is ?

Promising Tyrone defender Damien McCaul was also injured in the same game, causing play to be delayed for over half an hour as the players and management waited for an ambulance to arrive.

Thankfully, the injury was not as serious as initially feared and McCaul was released from hospital last night with suspected knee ligament damage.

taken from the hoganstand web site orange man!
Hope he ok cause he sound lad

Zulu

Big Mickey

dunno the line up for dcu but i do know the forward line was very good,every forward could win their own ball,take on their man and score. whoch is very worrying considering they were missing a host of big names shane orourke, micheal lyng, hanratty,. does brogan play for dcu or is it ucd??is johnson still hanging around this year??

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: mockba on November 14, 2008, 01:58:23 PM
Surely Niall Bogue has left Queens.  Was he not supposed to be doing a masters last years?

Good to see you back from france mockba!! How many players did yous buy in the "transfer window" this year

BallyhaiseMan

Sean Johnston did an accountancy degree with DCU, then went back to do another in PE Teaching and Biology i think it is, so he will have another few years at sigerson.

Bernard Brogan is in DCU,

They have a serious forward line

Shane O Rourke
Bernard Brogan
Sean Johnston
Conor Mortimer
Michael Lyng
Ciaran Hanratty

and god knows how many more,
i take it everyone would agree DCU would be the most talented team this year, Of Course talent alone wont be enough come Sigerson weekend time.

mattockranger

they had lots of talent last year!....every year since they won it
it looks like they have too many options and struggle to stick with a permanent team

i think johnston and mortimer are in there final year as far as i know hanratty is finished, i think he's doing a course in Dundalk!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Sligoper

David Kelly started for them i think too.
Go on the Bunnies!