Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

This is getting a bit confusing  :'(

I am in England but would like to get RTE channels that are decent mainly
Sports is secondary along with some other channels and that is what I will be using it for.

However, there is someone I know who would like to replace their whole TV set top box and wants the closest thing to sky or virgin media such as TV recording, EPG etc.

Use to have the VU+ Solo 2 with channels, so something close to that would be perfect.

gallsman

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 07:58:24 PM

Sports is secondary along with some other channels and that is what I will be using it for.

However, there is someone I know who would like to replace their whole TV set top box and wants the closest thing to sky or virgin media such as TV recording, EPG etc.

Use to have the VU+ Solo 2 with channels, so something close to that would be perfect.

You said you have a firestick. If second generation, it'll run perfect player absolutely fine which is what I use for my flawless IPTV service. In the UK, a lot of services will have access blocked to them by the ISPs during the weekend begat the Premier League has orders in against them in a bid to restrict them. A VPN should fix this in theory. RTE available in HD. TG3 and TG4 in SD.

laoislad

It really isn't that confusing!
If you just want it for a bit of sport and RTE etc get a subscription to a IPTV provider and download whatever app they have for their service and fire away. Most of them offer 24 or 48hr trials so you can test a few out for free. I have used fabiptv in the past.
Most of them offer different packages and price plans.
It's as easy as signing up and downloading their app or apk and signing in. There isn't much else to it.

If you want to cut your TV service provider out entirely then ask someone else on here cause I can't help you  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Edision os mega running willobuild with a multi room sub will give you that. All in would cost 300 Euro.

Personally it's not the way to go if your starting off as you spend a pile of money just to have a sky look.

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2018, 10:41:28 PM

Edision os mega running willobuild with a multi room sub will give you that. All in would cost 300 Euro.

Personally it's not the way to go if your starting off as you spend a pile of money just to have a sky look.

Think you are right about that. I have tried a trial on the fire stick and I'm surprisingly impressed. I didn't think the picture would be this good and was only expecting something just a bit better than Mobdro

Oh and thanks to everyone who has given advice on it

trueblue1234

My second Amazon device just froze again. First was a fire stick the second was fire T.V. box. Both just froze and won't respond to the reset commands. Seems it's a regular occurrence. So looking a new box. Any suggestions just to play perfect player. Ideally one with a record function.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2018, 10:35:18 PM
My second Amazon device just froze again. First was a fire stick the second was fire T.V. box. Both just froze and won't respond to the reset commands. Seems it's a regular occurrence. So looking a new box. Any suggestions just to play perfect player. Ideally one with a record function.

Just a quick bump on this? Any suggestions for a IPTV box that can record?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

Not sure about recording but a fair few providers provide a catch up TV service allowing you to view most of your channels going back 14/28 days. It is easy to navigate on a mag box, not sure about other devices..

Dougal Maguire

Thinking of getting my elderly parents a fully loaded Firestick for their bedroom. Their broadband limit is 25GB per month. Would an IPTV Firestick require unlimited or would 25GB suffice?
Careful now

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 31, 2018, 08:06:48 PM
Thinking of getting my elderly parents a fully loaded Firestick for their bedroom. Their broadband limit is 25GB per month. Would an IPTV Firestick require unlimited or would 25GB suffice?

Im sure your parents wouldn't be huge users but I'd say even an hour of use every day would run to more than 25GB, I know my house is using roughly 300GB a month.

Dougal Maguire

Thanks for that. I really appreciate your assistance
Careful now

Jim Bob

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 31, 2018, 08:06:48 PM

If you are going to be watching films etc on your stick best to upgrade to unlimited wifi. Not all that much dearer And can watch as much as you or your parents like.

Dougal Maguire

Yeah we have unlimited in our own house and it's not expensive.
Careful now

Jayop

I'm using min 300gb a month too. Imo unlimited is the only way with iptv.

Itchy

You got to have unlimited lads. If you dont and you accidentally leave your box on for the night you will wake up to a big bill.