Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banker

What is the difference between IPTV and STB?

Boycey

Quote from: banker on November 06, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

SmartIPTV and Smart-STB are just apps which allow IPTV Content to stream on your device.

NetNitrate

Quote from: banker on November 06, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

IPTV is TV delivered over internet protocol (ip)
STB is a set top box for streaming media such as Roku, Mag Box, Apple TV, Shield, etc. Generally you get IPTV through a STB connected to your TV or a STB Emulator app.

The_geezer

hi all, currently running root through STB app on tv. want to put it thought another tv ( a wee bit older) what's the best value piece of kit to do this? i.e. firestick or android box? thanks

Solo_run

Quote from: The_geezer on November 16, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
hi all, currently running root through STB app on tv. want to put it thought another tv ( a wee bit older) what's the best value piece of kit to do this? i.e. firestick or android box? thanks

Fire stick would be the cheapest and best option

The_geezer

cheers for that, have just ordered on, does this have to be jailbroken or anything like that or how do I add root-hosting to it?

Boycey

Quote from: The_geezer on November 16, 2018, 11:14:47 AM
cheers for that, have just ordered on, does this have to be jailbroken or anything like that or how do I add root-hosting to it?

Stbemu can be sideloaded to it, theres plenty of guides on YouTube or ask on here when you get it.

Boycey

Actually on thinking, Root have there own Android app which works great too. I can't remember if it's in Amazon store or you have to sideload it too.

The_geezer

good stuff lads cheers, no doubt ill be back in a few days time when it arrives lol

Solo_run

Quote from: The_geezer on November 16, 2018, 11:37:46 AM
good stuff lads cheers, no doubt ill be back in a few days time when it arrives lol

A few days? Could have went into a PC Worls/Currys/Asda and picked one up. No waiting around, an weekend of sport beckons.

The_geezer

Yeah fair enough lol, got one tonight there. Have perfect player installed On it. Not very user friendly. What's the best app to watch iptv on the firestick folks?

Solo_run

Quote from: The_geezer on November 16, 2018, 10:48:29 PM
Yeah fair enough lol, got one tonight there. Have perfect player installed On it. Not very user friendly. What's the best app to watch iptv on the firestick folks?

STB Emu is second to none. Very easy tob use interface. You can find videos on YouTube on how to install it. You will need a program called adbLink to sideload it.

1. Download relevant software (AdbLink/StbEmu)
2. Open adbLink
3. Enter IP address for a new user and then connect
4. Select install APK and install STB Emu
5. Setup portal details

Boycey

4k Firestick only £35 this morning in Amazon Black Friday sale if anyone looking for one...

Dougal Maguire

£34.99 in Argos as well  I understand
Careful now

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 19, 2018, 07:40:21 AM
£34.99 in Argos as well  I understand

Aye right enough when the other one was reduced on Amazon last week it was similarly reduced elsewhere...