"Supporting" other counties....

Started by 5 Sams, January 10, 2014, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Always like Wexford, had quality players but never won Leinster. Should have got past the Dubs on a few occasions. Like Galway too, natural footballers.

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 10, 2014, 10:16:40 PM
Always like Wexford, had quality players but never won Leinster. Should have got past the Dubs on a few occasions. Like Galway too, natural footballers.
They've won 10 of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Sure even the Kerry ladeens if the '80s couldn't beat Wexford's four-in-a-row of AI titles!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anglocelt39

Wexford Rodders? In personal experience a narkier little shower of supporters or officials you will travel a long distance to match. Mind You I was not totally without blame on the occasions in question. Family connections with louth make soft spot for them. Longford lads can't be faulted. Galway always seemed to play the game like it was meant to be played. No problems with Down either,
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

laoislad

Tyrone. Greatest county in Ireland. Feck it's probably the greatest place on earth.
Closely followed by Armagh.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: anglocelt39 on January 10, 2014, 11:18:37 PM
Wexford Rodders? In personal experience a narkier little shower of supporters or officials you will travel a long distance to match. Mind You I was not totally without blame on the occasions in question. Family connections with louth make soft spot for them. Longford lads can't be faulted. Galway always seemed to play the game like it was meant to be played. No problems with Down either,

The myth of Galway  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Any of the other Connacht teams, Clare and Wexford Hurling and Cavan Football.

Used despise Meath and they us. I think a mutual respect and admiration now exists.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 11, 2014, 02:16:03 AM

It has to be untrue to be a myth. ;)

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Syferus on January 10, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

Sure even the Kerry ladeens if the '80s couldn't beat Wexford's four-in-a-row of AI titles!

1980 was especially sweet. Always good to put perennial losers like you in your proper place !

mylestheslasher

I always liked to see some of our neighbours do well like Leitrim or Fermanagh but outside that I'd always find myself hoping the underdogs would win or maybe a team that plays a nice brand of football. Sligo of course too. I used to have a gra for Kildare once upon a time, felt they brought great colour and their perennial under achieving was always attractive to a neutral but alas their recent behaviour has changed all that.

seafoid

Ros, Mayo, Cavan, Down, Limerick, Waherford, Wexford

I would have very little time for Sligo, Westmeath, Laois on the other hand.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

I thought you loved us too seafoid. Disgusted.

anglocelt39

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 11, 2014, 03:13:00 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 11, 2014, 02:16:03 AM

It has to be untrue to be a myth. ;)

No Myth, genuine football achievers, probably more football All Irelands than the rest of Connacht combined and 10% of the online noise. 3 in a row 60's 98 All Ireland Winners were super footballers, was a pleasure to watch their Under 21s unravel McGeeneys Gym monkeys last year, just a few examples there.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds