The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

He's probably going to go with:
Casey, Poulter, Stenson and Garcia

Puckoon

This could be a very one sided affair. Probably the strongest American team In recent years, all playing very very good golf

Gabriel_Hurl

Bjorn's picks

Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

screenexile

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 05, 2018, 11:36:50 AM
He's probably going to go with:
Casey, Poulter, Stenson and Garcia

Well that's that fucked then!! Looks very much like a jobs for the boys gig Stenson has been injured and played very poorly this year and Garcia has been woeful. I can see why Poulter and Casey are there but 2 weak links is 2 too many. Imagine Garcia or Stenson up against DJ/Koepka/JT??

Crazy!

Applesisapples

I don't really buy into the Ruder Cup but on this occasion I'll be supporting the Yanks, mainly because of their players.

gawa316

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 05, 2018, 02:49:51 PM
I don't really buy into the Ruder Cup but on this occasion I'll be supporting the Yanks, mainly because of their players.

On another occasion you might support europe?

Tony Baloney

I can't imagine the Yanks will lose much sleep over the Europe team. Could be a drubbing on the cards.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 05, 2018, 02:49:51 PM

What? Blocked! lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Megaman

Have to say im nearly something similar.

I dont support anyone, i just enjoy watching the Ryder Cup, but i do prefer more of the USA players than the European ones.

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 05, 2018, 02:10:20 PM
Bjorn's picks

Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

Garcia is a terrible pick. Shows no faith in the rookies. And lets face it, are Rahm, Noren and Fleetwood really rookies? I don't think they fear anything.
Sergio ain't going to intimidate anyone when he's shooting a 78. Would love to see him and Tiger paired in the singles.
Anyway massive drubbing for Europe on the cards.

Orior

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2018, 02:28:21 PM
Bjorn's picks

Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

Garcia is a terrible pick. Shows no faith in the rookies. And lets face it, are Rahm, Noren and Fleetwood really rookies? I don't think they fear anything.
Sergio ain't going to intimidate anyone when he's shooting a 78. Would love to see him and Tiger paired in the singles.

Apparently, according to Rory, Sergio is very good in the locker room. That will have the Americans terrified and I'm sure they will hours on counter tactics.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on September 06, 2018, 03:08:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2018, 02:28:21 PM
Bjorn's picks

Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

Apparently, according to Rory, Sergio is very good in the locker room. That will have the Americans terrified and I'm sure they will hours on counter tactics.

Garcia/Olesen and Stenson would be a worry for me. I'd actually be quite confident about the others playing well. Had Stenson not been injured I'd be confident about him too as he's got a good pairing with Rose from previous outings.

The US team will have plenty of problems on the French course especially the way Tiger and Phil have driven the ball this year. It should still be exciting but not sure about the 3 lads!

thewobbler

It's matchplay golf. Throwing in a 78 in a stokeplay doesn't matter. Facing up against a major champion, ranked 30th in the world, who hits it straights and smashes it a mile, does matter.

Boycey

Tiger -7 after 10 and absolutely nailing it :o, good start for Rory too -3 after 4..

trailer

Olesen should do just fine. He's a rookie and in a way I think that nearly helps. They don't have the same pressure and don't tend to play as much. Him and Noren might be a good pairing.

Just to get everyone's backs up about Rory, this must be the first RC without an Irishman playing in 20 years or more?