Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

castlebar 1.03  tubber 1.02  20 min gone.  c.oconnor and d kirby with goals

maigheo

tubber ahead by 1 point with 6 min. to go.1.09 to 1.08. c.oconnor with 1.04

Farrandeelin

2 in a row for Ballintubber. 1-10 to 1-9.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

final score; castlebar  1.09    ballintubber 1.10

muppet

Well done Tubber. Good luck in the Connacht club.

Back to the drawing board for another year.

BTW does the Gaa season really have to be structured to have these games played at the end of October in horrendous weather?
MWWSI 2017

mannix

Nice weekend, if your name is cillian o Connor. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2011, 08:18:55 PM
You gotta hand it to Ballintubber though. Beating Ballina and Castlebar, the two most successful clubs in the history of Mayo football would be some achievement. Especially since Ballina are rejuvenated lately and Castlebar motoring away well in the league.

And by Jaysus, hats off to them on doing it!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nephinman

Hats off & congrats to Ballintubber. We had our chances but tubber way more efficient.
2 Final defeats leaves very empty feeling this evening but as McStay often has said in an RTE studio we came back  :'(

Good night all.

REDCOL

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 23, 2011, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2011, 08:18:55 PM
You gotta hand it to Ballintubber though. Beating Ballina and Castlebar, the two most successful clubs in the history of Mayo football would be some achievement. Especially since Ballina are rejuvenated lately and Castlebar motoring away well in the league.

Ballina rejuvenated - They couldn't field a team last night a total lack of repect to the other clubs in the league, I would be sick if I was from Ballinrobe / Westport

AbbeySider

Thanks lads... what a feeling. Back to back  ;D

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 24, 2011, 11:18:44 AM
Thanks lads... what a feeling. Back to back  ;D

Well done, two in a row with two different managers, that's saying something. I'm sure it has hard to get a pint in Corleys last night. Plenty of gawk around the abbey this morning!!!! :D

mannix

What's gawk?  Well done to the tubber lads.

moysider

Well done Ballina minors. Lets get that out of the way first. Some serious players there and a lot of them were tight today and have more in them. Will be a serious team next year too. Regan and O Connor in the senior match are young forwards that we used to dream about.

Well done Ballintubber. As a neutral I always felt that they would win although I thought Mitchels should/could have on the day.

From a Mayo point of view you d have to be happy. With the two already mentioned there was obvious quality from Moran  and Kirby (needed deeper rather than a target). Dillon bossed things as well and oozed presence and Geraghty is the type of 6 other counties are not afraid to play.

saffronandblue

Great to see talent like Regan coming through.  Moysider has great belief in this lad and that is good enough for me.  Kirby and Moran could well be our mid field pairing for next year.  Both are far more athletic than what we had at our disposal this year.  If we can unearth a couple of more very good ones then happier days might not be too far away :)

moysider

It would be great to have Michael Conroy back. Always had the quality and his club form this Summer puts him back at the top of the pile. I believe Mayo can be much stronger as a team/squad next year. Myself, I like the O Sé and I would see us strengthening the options rather than replacing any given line of the team. I believe Barry Moran, when fit, is the best midfielder about. But there is that fitness thing. Kirby is quality enough to play in half forward line, where we lacked a bit of size/presence  this year - especially against a big mature Kerry half-back line. Horan should have 20+ championship players next Summer. This year he didn t really. I can see as many as 10 changes from last year s squad. And a few changes in the team.