County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Is literally anyone surprised? Look at the attempted character assasinations of every public figure in the GAA on this very forum.

NetNitrate

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2018, 01:57:34 AM
Is literally anyone surprised? Look at the attempted character assasinations of every public figure in the GAA on this very forum.

You should look at your own comments. One of the most revolting descriptions I ever saw was you describing a Mayo forward with these terms: "They don't play it at the speed of a paraplegic with a hangover".

Syferus

Quote from: NetNitrate on August 08, 2018, 02:59:25 AM

You should look at your own comments. One of the most revolting descriptions I ever saw was you describing a Mayo forward with these terms: "They don't play it at the speed of a paraplegic with a hangover".

I think that was a great line actually, glad it stuck in your head.

Never said I was immune from it but I don't engage in the character assassinations some here do, JP and Duffy excepted. Colourfully critiquing a slow forward is something different entirely.

NetNitrate

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2018, 03:03:59 AM
Quote from: NetNitrate on August 08, 2018, 02:59:25 AM

I think that was a great line actually, glad it stuck in your head.

Never said I was immune from it but I don't engage in the character assassinations some here do, JP and Duffy excepted. Colourfully critiquing a slow forward is something different entirely.

Well if you don't see how awful it is on so many levels, I'm afraid there is no reasoning. But if you have to bring brain affliction and spinal injuries to have a go at a Mayo player's pace, it's very troublesome that you think that's a great line.

Orchard park

Eamonn  Fitzmsurice is a typical North Kerry back and isn't thin skinned.  He has the same job as myself but much younger, so deal woth him a little and to say He is disgusted with  the shit thrown at him over the past 2 years is an understatement,  and this is a manager in the old school volunteer diehard brigade.  What woukd the anonymous etter writers  saying if he was on 75k s year expenses like some Others who arent delivering a whole pile

Fitzy prepared well, selected poorly at times, probably listened to tyevwrong voice on the sideline but he threw everything into the role..... and the best young talent seen in years almost got him to another semi final

Cunny Funt

Terry Hyland the new Leitrim manager

Rossfan

They moved fair quick.
At least he'll get to watch a good scatter of club games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 09, 2018, 10:11:44 PM
Terry Hyland the new Leitrim manager

Excellent appointment for Leitrim

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2018, 10:20:21 PM
They moved fair quick.

Must be disappointing for you to watch hiring and firing season in full swing and you not able to rouse the troops for a push on McStay at all.

Cunny Funt

They moved fair quick.
Only 20 days it took them to appoint a new manager.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
They moved fair quick.

Must be disappointing for you to watch hiring and firing season in full swing and you not able to rouse the troops for a push on McStay at all.
Do you have to bring  McStay into every thread. Just come out of his fkn arse and see what a disappointment  he's been.

P. S I haven't got any "troops"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2018, 11:49:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
They moved fair quick.

Do you have to bring  McStay into every thread. Just come out of his fkn arse and see what a disappointment  he's been.

P. S I haven't got any "troops"

That was my point.

Westside

Would have rathered see Terry take up the Cavan Minor job but it looks like he feels he has something to offer at a higher level. He's done well in all his managerial roles, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get some sort of kick out of Leitrim.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on August 10, 2018, 01:10:40 PM
Would have rathered see Terry take up the Cavan Minor job but it looks like he feels he has something to offer at a higher level. He's done well in all his managerial roles, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get some sort of kick out of Leitrim.

Maybe in D4..

Orchard park

Given they are in  Div 4 Syferus thats his starting point surely