Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: Stagmeister on April 30, 2008, 10:12:42 AM
Fair play to Park last night, he's obviously a limited player but thought he was very good last night. Thought it was pathetic the way Dunphy couldn't admit after the game that Park had played well.
He is always questioning footballers character and Integrity, thought that incident showed that he has no character or integrity himself.

All four United defenders were excellent as well, Hargreaves is a great right back and Brown has always been a much better centre back than full back. Has to be said though Van Der Sar looked very shaky last night and his distribution was terrible at times.
How is your man Abidal playing left full for France...he has looked pretty poor in comparison to Evra over the two legs of this tie. Would also have Clichy ahead of him as well..

Eto'o also looks to be badly out of form at the moment, at his best he's lethal but he wasn't even making any good runs last night. Messi was burning players for fun last night but as soon as he got near the box he had no options as no one was running off him or creating space. As a result Barca failed to create a single clearcut chance in the game

For Dunphy to say Park did nothing last night is pathetic. Unbelievable workrate, how many times did himself and Tevez force the Barcelona defence to give the ball away.
Shocked by Wes Brown's performance, world class at centre-half, maybe he's a victim of his own versatility at right-back.
Never been more nervous watching a game, Messi is unreal with the ball at his feet, but short of Henry's header did they create a decent effort inside the area?
Good to see Ronaldo doing a bit more working and pressing last night, and delighted for Scholes, absolute legend.
Can sit back and relax tonight and hope for an over zealous referee, don't care who goes through. Carragher, Gerrard and Terry all on yellows.

nrico2006

If Stevie G picks up a yellow and Livepool go thorugh it would be a laugh - but sure he doesn't usually play against United anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Over the Bar

QuoteIf Stevie G picks up a yellow and Livepool go thorugh it would be a laugh - but sure he doesn't usually play against United anyway.

Would not want Gerrard not to make it to the final as the scousers would only bleat that they got beat as their key man in the middle was missing.   I'd want Liverpool in the final at full strength.   No hiding place for their supporters then when we beat them at a canter.  Bring it on!

Square Ball

Tell me this, does anyone here really give a feck about what Dumphy says about Ronaldo or any other United player for that matter? He sits there and berates players with more talent in their togher than thon twat ever had......
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

EC Unique

Well lads. Chelsea it is then. I would rather of had the chance to beat the scousers but the blue noses will do :D :D
My team for the final if all available:

VDS
                                                    brown  rio  vidic  Evra
                                                Tevez Scoles Hargreaves Nani
                                                        Ronaldo  Rooney

Play as a 4-4-2 with Rooney and Tevez switching now and again. Attack from the start and get the first goal.  That leaves us with a strong bench as well. 3-1 UTD win ;D ;D

nrico2006

I would be happy seeing that team line out EC, but with Sir Alex you never know!  I wouldn't mind seeing Anderson in the mix either!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Uladh

Fergie has to play Hargreaves in midfield to beat chelsea. ballack and lampard offer a bigger threat from midfield than most teams. having said that, hargreaves will need plenty of energy beside him and carrick doesn't fit the bill.

VDS
 brown    Rio   Vidic   Evra
    Hargreaves  Anderson
C Ronaldo    Scholes       Park
                Rooney

Tevez is unlucky but that's inevitably the formation that SAF has defaulted to for big games all year

Bensars

Talking about Dunphy, i recieved this e mail ( may have been posted before ).  I find him entertaining. Hes obviously trying to get as much controversy going as he can. I dont think anyone talkes him too seriously.

Anyway heres a few of his quotes,

---------------------------------------------------

On Luis Garcia:
"They ( Liverpool ) should put Garcia where he belongs - in the dustbin."

On Djibril Cisse:
"here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross, BANG...hits the full back, again BANG hits the full back, BANG...off the full back again, and once more, BANG...smacks the full back again.... Millions of euro and he can't clear the first man, I mean...what's he trying to do to the full back here, Kill him??"

On Harry Kewell:
"Kewell should have been yanked off the pitch at half
time and put in a hot bath, a boiling hot bath."
"Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see."

On Rio Ferdinand:
"Ferdinand is a clown. He was a liability for the
first goal and he is always a liability. It was Jan Vennegoor of
Hesselink against Rio Ferdinand of Barclays Bank."
"a tr**p"

On Fabio Cannavarro:
"If Rio Ferdinand is worth £100,000 a week, then
this guy is worth €100 million . . . . . a day"

On Liam Brady (After Ireland lost a two goal lead against Holland in 1983):
"He is often looked on as a great player. He is nothing of the kind. His performance on Wednesday was a disgrace, a monument to conceit adorned with vanity and self-indulgence, rendered all the more objectional by the swagger of his gait. He was deemed by many observers to have had a splendid game."

On Niall Quinn:
"I'm not gonna address the Niall Quinn agenda, Niall
Quinn is a creep"
"The man's an idiot, a Mother Theresa"

On Barcelona :
"After watching Watford against Manchester City last night
that was like a bubblebath. It was beautiful."

On Garth Crooks and Sven Goran Eriksson:
"ha, ha, ha, that's the first time you'll see sex between 2 men live on the BBC"

During the coverage of Euro 2004:
"You need dictatorships and poverty to produce great footballers."

On Christiano Ronaldo:
the way Ronaldo "clicks his heels", is the "most wicked thing in the game." "a simple cheat" "Poof ball"

On Mick McCarthy:
"He's one of the biggest whingers in world football... he's a bloody eejit."

On Kevin Kilbane:
"Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

On John Giles:
"Usually it takes a bottle of Bacardi and a gallon of Coke to get John out of his seat."

On Michael Carrick:
"Carrick was signed for Spurs a few years back for £3m. That's the level he is at. He is a nothing player. He is one-paced. He doesn't have the personality to always get on the ball like a United player should. "

Before the Liverpool .v. Real Betis game at Anfield when Roy Keane announced his retirement from football Bill O'Herlihy stated that in the column about Roy a journalist called him a thug. Dunphy continued roaring at Bill asking him who's column it was. Bill replied it was on the back page of the Sunday Times. "Look at it" he told Eamon. Eamon still pestered him asking who wrote it. Bill replied "I can't remember his name". Eamon continued saying:
"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

On about the Fergie V Strachen feud:
Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.
Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, thats bordering on racism".
Eamon: "Its not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

On the stubborn climate which exists in the board room at Real Madrid:

"Bill, Bill... those directors over there are on another planet. They're on mushrooms or something...THEY'RE ON ACID BILL!!!"

On John Hartson:

'Bill, Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles! This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill! (literally 1 second in to the clip) OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's arse) Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''.

Goats Do Shave

I'd have Carrick in for Park... switch with ANDERSON SON SON!

Billys Boots

Quote"Its not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

That is a classic.  ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hoof Hearted

dunphy again on jamie carrgaher/djimi traore centre defence partnership
"carragher would be better tying a wheelie bin to a bit of roap and trailing it around behind him"
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ExiledGael

Jesus the man's hilarious, always only a matter of time before he contradicts himself, but it's brilliant to watch.

Uladh

Massive game tomorrow. no room for resting or cagey football. flat to the mat from the start and an earlly goal to settle the nerves!

i still have nightmares of andy cole and his attempt to make a compilation video in one sitting about "how not to put the ball in the net" against west ham. handed blackburn the title that day despite the dippers beating them for us. o for eric the king that day.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Uladh on May 02, 2008, 11:24:29 AM

Massive game tomorrow. no room for resting or cagey football. flat to the mat from the start and an earlly goal to settle the nerves!

i still have nightmares of andy cole and his attempt to make a compilation video in one sitting about "how not to put the ball in the net" against west ham. handed blackburn the title that day despite the dippers beating them for us. o for eric the king that day.

Big Ludek was brilliant that day!

new devil

Really  think if we win tomorrow Chelsea will drop points against the toon