Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I wish the Irish government would take care of the homeless Irish people, you know, buy houses lying empty and house their own, then take care of refugees, but that's me!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Kidder81

Quote from: stew on January 14, 2017, 02:32:10 PM
I wish the Irish government would take care of the homeless Irish people, you know, buy houses lying empty and house their own, then take care of refugees, but that's me!

The homeless problem isn't just a matter of a roof over their head, a lot of them have severe, complex addiction problems, so it's not just as simple as housing them

No wides

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 01:33:33 PM
Stop talking about a town and an area you obviously know nothing about.

Doesnt stop you talking about the north or other regions. Chic liberal horseshit.

Rossfan

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

No wides

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

Pathetic. Any more advice for how folk up north should vote?

Rossfan

You'll be voting UKIP no doubt.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on January 11, 2017, 04:34:45 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/state-right-not-to-consult-ballaghaderreen-on-refugees-1.2931917

Patsy McGarry with a predictably great piece.

And before people sign into their dedicated troll accounts, he's from Ballagh and has always been a great friend to the town. Ballagh has been through a lot more than most towns and it will come out of this better than how it went it.

It's all well and good being shocked by the slow, murderous failure of a nation via news broadcasts but it's time we do a little bit ourselves to help. It's not that long ago we were the ones sending half our people out into the great unknown. This is a great opportunity for Ballagh to contribute to Irish society in a way other towns cannot or will not. To show that fear doesn't rule us.

Good stuff by Patsy. One part reminds me of the story of his father, a local councilman, "the Haw" McGarry when a lost letter was found along the roads of Ballaghaderreen (mind you, where his cattle often ate from the long acre) that was written to the Queen of England and showed that the Haw had been in back and forth correspondence with the Queen talking about horses, farming and the like and had shockingly invited her to visit Ballaghaderreen and what a great welcome she'd get there. The lost letter was found and was sent to the local papers to expose what the Haw was up to. Of course it was all a setup by the man himself. It was always a town full of characters and how great to see that though it has little itself and high unemployment, it is now a shining light to the world in how to treat those less well off than ourselves.

Avondhu star

Quote from: JoG2 on January 14, 2017, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 01:33:33 PM
Stop talking about a town and an area you obviously know nothing about.

'Stop talking' would be enough
Even "Stop" would do.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

How many thousand council houses in Britain were allocated to Irish families in the 50s and 60s?
How many homeless have you offered accommodation to?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

No wides

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 05:29:55 PM
You'll be voting UKIP no doubt.

Stop talking about an area you know nothing about.

No wides

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 14, 2017, 08:02:43 PM
How many thousand council houses in Britain were allocated to Irish families in the 50s and 60s?

How many have you?

JoG2

stew

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 14, 2017, 08:02:43 PM

Funnily enough a year ago it came on the radio that a lady in Volusia county in Florida was made homeless with her three children, I immediately called the police and offered my condo to her and her family and offered to sponsor their meals and the run if my car, I spoke to the officer handling the case and a day later got the word they had been given a house to live in right we're they were whuchcwad handier for the kids for school.

In short son, four people within about a year ago, and if it helps my neighbour lost his flat and spent two nights with me this week, he has moved on now, any other questions kid?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

No wides

Great post stew and fair play to you. We are still waiting on how many avondhu star has taken in, or maybe he is one of the chic liberals as long as it is not on their doorstep.

Syferus

Foxcommander/No wides are probably the same person.

Just sayin'.