Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: town1980 on September 17, 2017, 08:19:26 AM
it's the end of the road for graigcullen cant see them getting near portlaoise been honest,, ballylinan might trouble them though
Quote from: town1980 on September 18, 2017, 12:00:59portlaoise i think will beat graigue but it mighnt be all one way traffic i have a feeling it could be a good game but portlaoise are definately on the money this year so far

Eh, not sure what to make of you really ... ???   Make your mind up, will ya..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Faugheen

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 18, 2017, 02:17:46 AM
Quote from: Faugheen on September 17, 2017, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 17, 2017, 08:37:30 AM
I suppose the interesting thing I see is how many clubs in the semi-finals with so little county players.  For those that say we lack talent maybe we are looking in the wrong places or not motivating the right men.

Am I right in saying 1 starter from
Ballylinan
Graigue
Port

that's with Gary not being definite and Timmons being out all year.

Graiguecullen had 3 players on the county panel this year. The 3 of them played against Wicklow in the qualifiers. Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons and Ambrose Doran.

Oh right and against Clare ?

Oh right, only 2, Mark Timmons, Trevor Collins. So you're not right :-)

BallyroanAbu

redsetanta

Should be a tight game between Port and Ballylynan. Very hard to call but Ballylynan have that bit more with their county players which could be enough to swing it their direction.

Can only see Portlaoise winning the other semi final. Graigue struggled against a poor Josephs team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Sunday 01/10/2017

14:00:  Portlaoise  v  Graiguecullen
15:30:  Portarlington v Ballylinan

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Saint 1963

What happens to the Portlaoise panel of players if they win on Saturday and their seniors win the SFC?

town1980

if portlaoise  beat emo mountmelick will play emo in a play off im told to see who plays intermediate in 2018

Saint 1963

If Portlaoise win both Senior and Intermediate championships using all available subs during both finals, will they then end up with 40+ senior players for 2018 and only one team on which they can play in the SFC?

steven seagal

No, if Portlaoise intermediates win then they will remain in the IFC. They can't be promoted because the club already have a team at the higher grade, it's the same in the league, you can't have two teams from the same club competing in the same competition.

OTF

As a matter of interest why can't they have 2 teams senior... I do remember them having 2 minor teams in the championship.

Simply declare 2 separate panel at the start of the year and off you go.

No ?

SCFC

Quote from: OTF on September 25, 2017, 01:41:24 PM
As a matter of interest why can't they have 2 teams senior... I do remember them having 2 minor teams in the championship.

Simply declare 2 separate panel at the start of the year and off you go.

No ?
Yeah. That's my understanding. If they want 2 senior teams, they an opt to go up. 

SCFC

I think it's wrong of that article to state Portlaoise's second team can't be promoted to senior if they win the intermediate. I don't know any rule that doesn't allow it to happen.

Downtheroad

Quote from: SCFC on September 25, 2017, 03:58:18 PM
I think it's wrong of that article to state Portlaoise's second team can't be promoted to senior if they win the intermediate. I don't know any rule that doesn't allow it to happen.
Have to agree.