Author Topic: Laois Junior Football Championship 2017  (Read 4237 times)

Keyser Söze

• View Profile
Re: Laois Junior Football Championship 2017
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
And how was Tom Kelly allowed to skip Intermediate on his return? No vested interest but Parkinson looks to have got a raw deal

Who was Tom going to play intermediate with?!
And no Parkinson didn't, Portlaoise like to keep well up to date with rules & bye laws (sometimes at great expense), you'd imagine they would know the rules around a grading system we have had for about 7/8 years now. Bread and butter stuff.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
Your Club's playing teams is also a factor

Josephs 2nd Team is Junior A so he regrades to Junior A, i.e thats why Mick Lalor play's Junior C League most years as EMO regrade him down every year to their next available team Junior B/C

Parkinson I think thought because he had not played for a while was eligible for Intermediate, however the Portlaoise Club Secretary has to regrade him with the time he had he could have been Junior C over several years.  I think it must have to come to light in March but if it had been January/Feb would have not been an issue.

Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot that Joes had no Intermediate team.

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
And no Parkinson didn't, Portlaoise like to keep well up to date with rules & bye laws (sometimes at great expense), you'd imagine they would know the rules around a grading system we have had for about 7/8 years now. Bread and butter stuff.
Wasn't he banned from being a member? Doubt the top table gave two f**ks about him during those years.

Keyser Söze

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »
Wasn't he banned from being a member? Doubt the top table gave two f**ks about him during those years.

I can't imagine not regrading him was a mistake!!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

redsetanta

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »
Some comeback by Kilcavan against O'Dempseys yesterday. 13 points.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
What the feck happened Park?
Terrible result for them.