A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

True, but if you read my post you'd have noticed that I never mentioned the A5.  So not entirely sure of the relevance here.  ::)

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Franko on May 17, 2023, 10:50:49 PM
True, but if you read my post you'd have noticed that I never mentioned the A5.  So not entirely sure of the relevance here.  ::)
My point had nothing to do with your comment let me assure you, rather it was directed at the poster who started the wind up which, as you pointed out, prompted some to take the bait. Sorry for any confusion there.
Careful now

trueblue1234

Quote from: The Premierview Podcast

Ye lads are like the agressive beggar at the traffic lights with the squidgee.

No we dont want to pay for your road

We have more than enough things that we need to address in the Republic of Ireland

Quote from: clonadmad on May 17, 2023, 03:44:32 PM
Such aggression and name calling being shown

When people from the South explain that they want their taxes spent on their own country's infrastructure and in other areas which also badly need to be addressed.

The Reality is Ye are part of a different country whether ye like or not and ye need to get the funding from his Majesty's Government as ye don't have a parliament of your own at the minute.
Coincidence I'm sure!! 😂
At least you managed to change user names I suppose.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/articles/a5-western-transport-corridor-overview

Due to reduced funding availability at the time, the Northern Ireland Executive directed in February 2012 that the works be split into discrete sections and delivered in a phased approach.

It's called the A5 WTC

The issue is funding. So it should be the A5 WTF

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clonadmad

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 17, 2023, 11:39:17 PM

We have more than enough things that we need to address in the Republic of Ireland

When people from the South explain that they want their taxes spent on their own country's infrastructure and in other areas which also badly need to be addressed.

The Reality is Ye are part of a different country whether ye like or not and ye need to get the funding from his Majesty's Government as ye don't have a parliament of your own at the minute.
Coincidence I'm sure!! 😂

Playing the man not the ball

Pathetic

trueblue1234

Quote from: clonadmad on May 18, 2023, 09:49:51 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 17, 2023, 11:39:17 PM

Coincidence I'm sure!! 😂

Playing the man not the ball

Pathetic
One man, two posters tho!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Whatever about Tyrone and Derry needing this road and by god they need it, but Donegal possibly need it more.

Snapchap

Quote from: The Premierview Podcast on May 17, 2023, 03:39:51 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 17, 2023, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 17, 2023, 03:17:17 PM
Quote from: The Premierview Podcast on May 17, 2023, 02:45:15 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 17, 2023, 02:29:54 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on May 17, 2023, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 10:42:14 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 10:39:52 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 09:57:01 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2023, 07:11:46 PM
Is money holding this road up?

The UK is in the top 10 richest countries in the world. I can't mid if it 7th or 8th it changes I think regularly. Point is it is an extremely wealthy nation. No one was on about the cost of all the weapons they send to Ukraine. 4.6b in case you wondered https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/storm-shadow-missiles-ukraine-uk-weapons-b2339703.html

NI nor the UK are broke. They just choose to withhold funding to attack the most vulnerable. Health, Education, Infrastructure. These cuts are by choice.
The UK is living on borrowed money , called the current account deficit.
NI could cut its corporate tax rate but needs £500m to back the projections and it doesn't have it. How much does the road cost ?

Sure the rich republic could pay for it as it's a cross border road.

Irish tax payers should be funding a motorway from Letterkenny to Tuam which would link with the existing M17 and join the M20 when it's completed to Cork

This would be one piece of infrastructure that would help act as a counter balance to the Eastern Seaboard

We don't need to be spending our budget surpluses in another jurisdiction

Indeed.  Dublin's surpluses shouldn't be spent on backwaters like Laois

State of Ya

Getting riled up because you want to spent Tax money from the Republic on this Road

How about spend your own money on your own roads or what the British decide to give ye and stop always having the hand out
I'm sure west Brits like you weren't complaining when the EU was pumping money into infrastructure projects over the last 30 years. In any case, the A5 is a strategic arterial route whether you've your partitionist tinted glasses on or not.
Wouldn't even engage with the likes of that. 14 posts and on a wind up. Probably Jamie Brysons mate

Somewhere in Tipperary, a village has decided to give it's idiot access to the internet. :-\

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2023, 10:48:58 AM
Whatever about Tyrone and Derry needing this road and by god they need it, but Donegal possibly need it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l9m2X4bDrU

seafoid

A5 delays seem to be highly correlated with Dublin winning the Leinster Football Championship since 2010.

The Premierview Podcast

Quote from: Snapchap on May 18, 2023, 01:55:21 PM

The UK is in the top 10 richest countries in the world. I can't mid if it 7th or 8th it changes I think regularly. Point is it is an extremely wealthy nation. No one was on about the cost of all the weapons they send to Ukraine. 4.6b in case you wondered https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/storm-shadow-missiles-ukraine-uk-weapons-b2339703.html

NI nor the UK are broke. They just choose to withhold funding to attack the most vulnerable. Health, Education, Infrastructure. These cuts are by choice.
NI could cut its corporate tax rate but needs £500m to back the projections and it doesn't have it. How much does the road cost ?

Irish tax payers should be funding a motorway from Letterkenny to Tuam which would link with the existing M17 and join the M20 when it's completed to Cork

This would be one piece of infrastructure that would help act as a counter balance to the Eastern Seaboard

State of Ya

Getting riled up because you want to spent Tax money from the Republic on this Road

How about spend your own money on your own roads or what the British decide to give ye and stop always having the hand out
I'm sure west Brits like you weren't complaining when the EU was pumping money into infrastructure projects over the last 30 years. In any case, the A5 is a strategic arterial route whether you've your partitionist tinted glasses on or not.
Wouldn't even engage with the likes of that. 14 posts and on a wind up. Probably Jamie Brysons mate

Somewhere in Tipperary, a village has decided to give it's idiot access to the internet. :-\

is that really the best of a rebuttal you can come up with?

its been most illuminating to see the Northern Irish mentality in full flow

When its explained to them why Taxpayers in the Republic would like to spend their tax in the Republic,all they can respond with is name calling

One would nearly feel sorry for the English taxpayer who have to try and prop the place up with over £10bn every year

johnnycool

Quote from: The Premierview Podcast on May 18, 2023, 03:06:07 PM

State of Ya

When its explained to them why Taxpayers in the Republic would like to spend their tax in the Republic,all they can respond with is name calling

One would nearly feel sorry for the English taxpayer who have to try and prop the place up with over £10bn every year

Dan Breen would be spinning in his grave with the partitionist nonsense coming from a Tipp man.  ;)

Armagh18

State of Ya

lol.

The Premierview Podcast

Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2023, 03:20:46 PM

State of Ya

Dan Breen would be spinning in his grave with the partitionist nonsense coming from a Tipp man.  ;)

Partition must mean ye refuse British Exchequer money then ?

and ye could have badly done with a few men like Dan Breen and others up who drove the Brits out of Tipp,

something ye lot couldn't manage but then again that's everyone else's fault too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Premierview Podcast on May 18, 2023, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2023, 03:20:46 PM

State of Ya

Partition must mean ye refuse British Exchequer money then ?

and ye could have badly done with a few men like Dan Breen and others up who drove the Brits out of Tipp,

something ye lot couldn't manage but then again that's everyone else's fault too.

Drove them out and turned his back on his comrades in the north. Good man
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea