A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

No its Bats you couldnt make it up.Its a joke.

maggie

Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2023, 07:11:46 PM
Is money holding this road up?

It's been so long since i added attachments to a post I forget what you do to link the exact Twittter thread.

But the A5 group have been posting daily about what is happening.

Today the objections were the potential damage to moss. (??!!)

Imagine sitting through that having lost a loved one.

seafoid

Quote from: maggie on May 16, 2023, 09:31:55 PM

It's been so long since i added attachments to a post I forget what you do to link the exact Twittter thread.

This isn't the only road in the world. France builds roads without being help up by opposition groups. So does the Netherklands. If they deserve money they get it.
Why is nobody in charge here ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 08:55:56 AM

This isn't the only road in the world. France builds roads without being help up by opposition groups. So does the Netherklands. If they deserve money they get it.

I blame neoliberalism
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StephenC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 09:03:23 AM

I blame neoliberalism

;D ;D ;D

seafoid

I blame neoliberalism
I think NI is close to  bankruptcy.  8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 09:07:09 AM

I blame neoliberalism
I think NI is close to  bankruptcy.  8)

Is it? Hay's travel NI will tell ya different lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

The UK is in the top 10 richest countries in the world. I can't mid if it 7th or 8th it changes I think regularly. Point is it is an extremely wealthy nation. No one was on about the cost of all the weapons they send to Ukraine. 4.6b in case you wondered https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/storm-shadow-missiles-ukraine-uk-weapons-b2339703.html

NI nor the UK are broke. They just choose to withhold funding to attack the most vulnerable. Health, Education, Infrastructure. These cuts are by choice.

Wildweasel74

The UK got the biggest debt along with the US, building up over  years.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 09:57:01 AM

The UK is in the top 10 richest countries in the world. I can't mid if it 7th or 8th it changes I think regularly. Point is it is an extremely wealthy nation. No one was on about the cost of all the weapons they send to Ukraine. 4.6b in case you wondered https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/storm-shadow-missiles-ukraine-uk-weapons-b2339703.html

NI nor the UK are broke. They just choose to withhold funding to attack the most vulnerable. Health, Education, Infrastructure. These cuts are by choice.
The UK is living on borrowed money , called the current account deficit.
NI could cut its corporate tax rate but needs £500m to back the projections and it doesn't have it. How much does the road cost ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 10:39:52 AM

NI could cut its corporate tax rate but needs £500m to back the projections and it doesn't have it. How much does the road cost ?

Sure the rich republic could pay for it as it's a cross border road.

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 10:42:14 AM

Irish tax payers should be funding a motorway from Letterkenny to Tuam which would link with the existing M17 and join the M20 when it's completed to Cork

This would be one piece of infrastructure that would help act as a counter balance to the Eastern Seaboard

We don't need to be spending our budget surpluses in another jurisdiction

seafoid

The current situation is in nobody's interest. Who is in charge ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 11:21:28 AM

The Nazis or the Fascists .. I give up

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 11:24:38 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 11:21:28 AM

The Nazis or the Fascists .. I give up
Never underestimate the gobshites, the most cunning and most devious of all.