A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

The road will definitely be built. No doubt. The annoying bit is letting Danny Kennedy hold it up for a few years and adding tens of millions to the eventual cost but be under no illusions... The road will be built.

oakleafgael

Quote from: EC Unique on April 30, 2014, 11:46:23 PM
The road will definitely be built. No doubt. The annoying bit is letting Danny Kennedy hold it up for a few years and adding tens of millions to the eventual cost but be under no illusions... The road will be built.

Im tempted to ask for your source for the blame laying at Danny Kennedy's door. Nothing at all to do with any politician that the road has not yet proceeded.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 30, 2014, 11:52:47 PM

Im tempted to ask for your sourcefor the blame laying at Danny Kennedy's door. Nothing at all to do with any politician that the road has not yet proceeded.
;D

EC Unique

Im tempted to ask for your source for the blame laying at Danny Kennedy's door. Nothing at all to do with any politician that the road has not yet proceeded.

It's political and you know it.

oakleafgael

Quote from: EC Unique on May 01, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

Its 100% an indisputable fact that the only reason that the A5 isn't currently being constructed is due to the legal process finding that the DRD's Consultants failed to do their job properly to comply with the legislation.

EC Unique

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 01, 2014, 12:45:06 AM

Its 100% an indisputable fact that the only reason that the A5 isn't currently being constructed is due to the legal process finding that the DRD's Consultants failed to do their job properly to comply with the legislation.

Why do you think the legal process took part? It had all already been passed and work commenced but the group against the road (backed by unionist politicians) dug and dug for a reason to stop it. This never would have been near a court only for this group.

Walter Cronc

Who are the consultants?

oakleafgael

Quote from: EC Unique on May 01, 2014, 09:21:49 AM

Why do you think the legal process took part? It had all already been passed and work commenced but the group against the road (backed by unionist politicians) dug and dug for a reason to stop it. This never would have been near a court only for this group.

The legal process took place due to the objections of the umbrella group set up by the land owners, business owners and tree huggers, as it turned out the law was on their side. This group is nothing to do with any unionist political group. I agree that the only reason it ended up in court was due to them.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 01, 2014, 09:29:10 AM

Who are the consultants?

Mouchel are the lead consultants on behalf of DRD Roads Service.

EC Unique

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 01, 2014, 10:14:05 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 01, 2014, 09:21:49 AM

The legal process took place due to the objections of the umbrella group set up by the land owners, business owners and tree huggers, as it turned out the law was on their side. This group is nothing to do with any unionist political group. I agree that the only reason it ended up in court was due to them.

Do you think the road will go ahead?

Hereiam

This whole f**k up is political. I would bet my life that not one catholic is a member of that opposing group.

EC Unique

Quote from: Hereiam on May 01, 2014, 12:34:26 PM
This whole f**k up is political. I would bet my life that not one catholic is a member of that opposing group.

The road is linking Donegal with Dublin, it has been dubbed 'the United Ireland Highway', Both Nationalist parties are backing the road publically, both Unionist parties are not.

But it is not Political ::)

armaghniac

Probably a couple of druids though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bensars

Serious sweeping generalisation there.
Some of those opposed that i know , are not swayed in slightest by whatever political persuation, but rather the loss of their land, the compensation for such land and the tax liability they will have as a result of recieving income from this.

As someone stated above had the legal challenge on the badgers ( or whatever it was)  been unsuccessful the work would have been commenced by now, irrespective if it was a prod or taig badger !

EC Unique

Quote from: Bensars on May 01, 2014, 02:01:49 PM

Serious sweeping generalisation there.
Some of those opposed that i know , are not swayed in slightest by whatever political persuation, but rather the loss of their land, the compensation for such land and the tax liability they will have as a result of recieving income from this.

As someone stated above had the legal challenge on the badgers ( or whatever it was)  been unsuccessful the work would have been commenced by now, irrespective if it was a prod or taig badger !

Work had already commenced. Approx £100Million of tax payers money spent. The job would probably be over 50% finished by now.