A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Scandalous stuff.
250m 100% reallocated to East Of the Bann.

If this was a decision made by Direct rule ministers, SF would have people marching on the streets. Yet they seem happy to sign off on all this stuff these days.

Belfast Parliament for a Belfast People.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: bailestil on October 21, 2013, 02:38:10 PM
Scandalous stuff.
250m 100% reallocated to East Of the Bann.

If this was a decision made by Direct rule ministers, SF would have people marching on the streets. Yet they seem happy to sign off on all this stuff these days.

Belfast Parliament for a Belfast People.

Couldn't have put it better than that! How they still get away with is beyond me.

ziggysego

Tyrone lose a Hospital and get a glorified Health Centre replacement.

The West lose a major road infrastructure development, Antrim get a major road improvement.

Is it any wonder the youth are emigrating. Nothing to keep anyone home anymore.

A joke!
Testing Accessibility

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ziggysego on October 21, 2013, 03:47:48 PM
Tyrone lose a Hospital and get a glorified Health Centre replacement.

The West lose a major road infrastructure development, Antrim get a major road improvement.

Is it any wonder the youth are emigrating. Nothing to keep anyone home anymore.

A joke!

Whats this project??

sensethetone

road tey cowlrain frem belfast getna boost, sow tis

EC Unique

Blame our local ''politicians''. They will hear all about it when they  land on my door step looking my vote. Useless c*%ts. >:(

oakleafgael

A question for all the dooms day merchants who live west of the Bann like myself. What projects in our local area that are ready for commencement, by that I mean ready to put out to tender, would you have spent the money on? If the money isnt committed then it will be returned to Westminster.

EC Unique

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 21, 2013, 03:58:00 PM
A question for all the dooms day merchants who live west of the Bann like myself. What projects in our local area that are ready for commencement, by that I mean ready to put out to tender, would you have spent the money on? If the money isnt committed then it will be returned to Westminster.

The A5 project could have went ahead if the will was there to do so. All this environmental nonsense is just an excuse to pull the pin on the 'united Ireland highway'.

Hereiam

Unreal the way this whole project has went. I cant wait until the politicians come a knockin.

bailestil

Wesley Johnston ‏@niroads
Finance Minister: "until there is clarity on the A5 project, we cannot afford to commit contractually to the A6 project It's either the A5 or A6, but not both. So unless A5 is officially abandoned they're not doing the A6 at this point in time". 

So its actually worse than most suspected. So Not only will the west not get the A5. They won't build the A6 upgrade until the A5 is binned.

You can either have 1 or the other lads. Or as is currently the Case, neither.
Bravo to the Executive. A Direct Rule minister wouldn't even have had the nerve to come up with this plan.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bailestil on October 21, 2013, 04:25:52 PM
Wesley Johnston ‏@niroads
Finance Minister: "until there is clarity on the A5 project, we cannot afford to commit contractually to the A6 project It's either the A5 or A6, but not both. So unless A5 is officially abandoned they're not doing the A6 at this point in time".

So its actually worse than most suspected. So Not only will the west not get the A5. They won't build the A6 upgrade until the A5 is binned.

You can either have 1 or the other lads. Or as its currently the Case, neither.
Bravo to the Executive. A Direct Rule minister wouldn't even have had the nerve to come up with this plan.

Thats shocking!! Sick to the teeth of politicians here. They are so occupied with bickering they forget whats important to people!!

oakleafgael

Quote from: EC Unique on October 21, 2013, 04:05:14 PM
A question for all the dooms day merchants who live west of the Bann like myself. What projects in our local area that are ready for commencement, by that I mean ready to put out to tender, would you have spent the money on? If the money isn't committed then it will be returned to Westminster.

The A5 project could have went ahead if the will was there to do so. All this environmental nonsense is just an excuse to pull the pin on the 'united Ireland highway'.

I'm sorry to say but that's not true. The DRD's consultants failed to follow the correct procedures and although the project was halted on a technicality the law was on the side of the objectors.

Hereiam

Oak I am sure if previous road up-grades were looked at you might find Environmental issues would have been let go.

bailestil

I think the point is that why isn't there the stream of shovel ready schemes that seem to exist elsewhere in the east?
Castledawson-Toome, (Now postponed indefinitely)
A6 Dungiven By Pass (Now postponed indefinitely )
A6 Derry - Dungeiven (now postponed)
Derry Coleraine Railway Upgrade.  (delayed)
A5 Aughnacloy (scaled down version - delayed)
Magee University (never going to happen it seems)

Each of the above is currently not ready to go. Yet the first 4 are probably 50 years in the making. A range of "procurement issues" seem to have been flagged up recently.

As for Magee - that's a tragedy 50 years in the making.

But sure Arlene will just call us moaners.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Hereiam on October 21, 2013, 04:33:07 PM
Oak I am sure if previous road up-grades were looked at you might find Environmental issues would have been let go.

I have been involved in quite a few that have, with far bigger issues than those that the A5 has fallen on, but only due to the issue not being put to the test in a court of law.