China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:05:06 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 09:53:48 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 28, 2021, 09:44:36 AM
Booking system now open for the over 65s in the North.

Got my mother booked in for tomorrow at the Royal, she's delighted, hasn't been out much this past year, hopefully this gives her a wee boost. They sent her a confirmation message straight away which also has her date and time for the 2nd jab which is 9th April so 10 weeks between them, some good news, we are getting there

I got mine at the Royal and its a very good set up. though try and get there for about 10 minutes before the time slot. They will only take in people at their time allocation. There is a guy at the door who'll shout down the line when the time slot is open, just need the ID and if she was asked for other information have it also.

Cheers, I said id take her to get it so il make sure she has everything before she gets out. hopefully the uptake for the vaccine is good and we start getting out of this thing, we're nearly there and hopefully people who have been really down and struggling see this as the boost they need that there is light at the end of the tunnel

Brilliant men. My folks booked in as well, they are delighted too.

balladmaker

Quote from: dublin7 on January 28, 2021, 09:43:04 AM
There was a UK expert on the radio this morning to discuss the vaccination process in the UK. He was asked about re-opening the country in March given the numbers they expect to have vaccinated by then. He said some restrictions would be eased but they had to be careful. While the majority of the older age groups are expected to get the vaccine the take up among younger people is expected to be much lower and while it's less dangerous to them they can still carry and transmit the virus to others.

This is what I don't quite get .... if the vulnerable group have the vaccine, why the need to be concerned about anyone carrying the virus?  I know the vaccine isn't 100% but it isn't far off from what they say, or are they not sure about how long it will last.

If every vulnerable person has the vaccine, I'd hoped we'd be back to normal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on January 28, 2021, 10:31:00 AM
There was a UK expert on the radio this morning to discuss the vaccination process in the UK. He was asked about re-opening the country in March given the numbers they expect to have vaccinated by then. He said some restrictions would be eased but they had to be careful. While the majority of the older age groups are expected to get the vaccine the take up among younger people is expected to be much lower and while it's less dangerous to them they can still carry and transmit the virus to others.

This is what I don't quite get .... if the vulnerable group have the vaccine, why the need to be concerned about anyone carrying the virus?  I know the vaccine isn't 100% but it isn't far off from what they say, or are they not sure about how long it will last.

For most people it'll be April before most get the second jab..

I'd like things opening up as soon as possible, March might be that point. Fingers crossed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

We don't really know enough about the vaccine yet.

It will likely be summertime and countries will be using Israel as a guage on how effective the vaccine has been, AFAIK they will have all their adult population fully vaccinated by the end of March.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:37:44 AM

I'd like things opening up as soon as possible, March might be that point. Fingers crossed

There's still not enough information out there as to the level of immunity from one jab, how long it takes to develop and then when they get the second jab how long it takes to get the immunity up to the high 90's as expected.

Feckin hate these Tory MPs like Bridgen on Talkback yesterday saying they've vaccinated all over 75's in the UK when they've only got the first jab..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 28, 2021, 11:23:11 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:37:44 AM

There's still not enough information out there as to the level of immunity from one jab, how long it takes to develop and then when they get the second jab how long it takes to get the immunity up to the high 90's as expected.

Feckin hate these Tory MPs like Bridgen on Talkback yesterday saying they've vaccinated all over 75's in the UK when they've only got the first jab..

It's a great soundbite though... But anything is better than nothing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I don't think any tory MP seems capable of doing an interview where there is not at least on "untruth" in it.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lfdown2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 28, 2021, 02:03:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 28, 2021, 01:15:42 PM
Doesn't look good for Oxford AZ......

https://www.ft.com/content/e5b64f87-6f2b-3097-b04a-bb76c013a284

Thought the Germans killed that story....

https://www.businessinsider.com/oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-older-people-study-effective-german-government-2021-1?r=US&IR=T

Smells like politics, and muscle flexing to me (no basis for such an opinion btw) - especially with the ongoing row with supply from OAZ to the EU.

weareros

The AstraZeneca vaccine always looked iffy. The EU and U.K. seem to be fighting over the ugliest girl at the dance.

Milltown Row2

Jeepers Creepers

Israel (i know..I know) have said that out of 715K who received both doses, only 315 went onto test positive again and out of that only 16 were hospitalised.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 28, 2021, 02:35:44 PM
Israel (i know..I know) have said that out of 715K who received both doses, only 315 went onto test positive again and out of that only 16 were hospitalised.

Which vaccine was this?
Also even the second dose might not reach maximum effectiveness for a few weeks after you get it and few people have had it that long in Israel yet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2021, 02:42:22 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 28, 2021, 02:35:44 PM

Which vaccine was this?
Also even the second dose might not reach maximum effectiveness for a few weeks after you get it and few people have had it that long in Israel yet.

Someone had posted a statement from their health spokesperson. I 'think' they are currently using the pfizer vaccine??