Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

A bit of a shit show developing for the Eubank-Benn fight. Morally I can't see how they can go ahead but money talks at that level in boxing. I dare say Benn knew what he was up to.

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on September 25, 2022, 03:49:35 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 24, 2022, 11:59:24 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 24, 2022, 11:41:56 PM
Joyce won well but don't think he's anywhere near elite at that weight.

Has a granite chin, be interesting to see how he goes. Thinks he gives anyone of the top 3 a serious fight

Donovan lucky to get the win in Belfast tonight

Not sure he's Championship level would have him 5th behind the big boys.

Looking forward to him taking on one of the big guns though. Hard to believe he was fighting someone 7 years his junior and was the one setting the pace of the fight. Parker is a certain level but is no dozer and has never been knocked out I hope Joyce can step up.

I think Joe Joyce could beat any of the top heavyweights.  I would back him to beat Joshua, Wilder and Usyk and he would have a good chance against Fury too.

As for Benn and Eubank, its a joke that its going ahead.  Same thing happened before with Saunders and Whyte too.  The BBBC don't utilise the testing body where the results originated from, but if thats the case then why were they being tested by that body.  Strange that the test from the body they do use has came back clean though.  Very ironic that Hearn and Benn were on their high horse with regard to how Eubank had to comply with the contractual agreements to meet the weigh-in conditions, restricting his ability to rehydrate etc. too.  There has been some change in Benn's physique the past few years, maybe we now know why. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

quit yo jibbajabba

HiMucker

Feel lousy for local lad Connor Coyle who's fight was the top billing on the undercard against Felix Cash. By chance I happened to be down at his local boxing club when the news came through that he was on the undercard. Ones scrambling to book tickets, flights and accommodation. Shit show for them. Hope they can get another big event soon.

square_ball

Quote from: HiMucker on October 06, 2022, 07:14:39 PM
Feel lousy for local lad Connor Coyle who's fight was the top billing on the undercard against Felix Cash. By chance I happened to be down at his local boxing club when the news came through that he was on the undercard. Ones scrambling to book tickets, flights and accommodation. Shit show for them. Hope they can get another big event soon.

That's the worst thing about these type of situations. Eubank will be fine and even the drug cheat Benn will more than likely get another few big pay cheques down the line. For the likes of that lad it could make or break his career and his chance of earning a few bob from boxing.

tintin25

This Shields/Marshall fight is a good watch

ONeill

Thought Marshall's corner was crap throughout. Shields was pure Mayweather.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Wilder reannounced himself in style last night too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Katie Taylor with a comfortable win tonight in Wembley Arena. 22 professional fights and 22 victories.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 29, 2022, 11:17:55 PM
Katie Taylor with a comfortable win tonight in Wembley Arena. 22 professional fights and 22 victories.

Would she really fill Croke Park?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2022, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 29, 2022, 11:17:55 PM

Would she really fill Croke Park?
We'll soon find out.

From the Bunker

Would rather the Aviva........More intimate.

quit yo jibbajabba

Its boxin not ridin ffs

nrico2006

Women's boxing is a poor enough watch though. FInd it hard to believe that 80 thousand people would want to watch her, or women's boxing in general.

screenexile

If they pitch it at the right price she sells out Croker no matter the weakness of the sport.

She 100% deserves it to sell out and I'd definitely go if it suited just to show my support. A total class act she deserves all the good fortune that comes her way!!