Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 03, 2012, 09:43:06 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 03, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
Ward is a machine, looks like a good medal hope

True, very decent boxer by the look of it, and a good win at 29 points to 10.

No Tony, Ward has the Qualifiers to come yet.

Any more updates on the other fights.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 03, 2012, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 03, 2012, 09:43:06 PM

True, very decent boxer by the look of it, and a good win at 29 points to 10.

No Tony, Ward has the Qualifiers to come yet.

Any more updates on the other fights.
Full rundown  http://www.iaba.ie/

orangeman

Hopes of olympic medals will be raised now.

randomtask

Quote from: orangeman on February 03, 2012, 11:53:56 PM
Do you not think the raise is justified? especially when we have an 18 year old lad hammering an Olympic silver medalist? 

orangeman

Quote from: randomtask on February 03, 2012, 11:56:12 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 03, 2012, 11:53:56 PM
Do you not think the raise is justified? especially when we have an 18 year old lad hammering an Olympic silver medalist?

Very much justified. It just depends on how high the hopes are raised. Hopefully the boxers can do the job.

GalwayBayBoy

Read that Ward is ranked number 3 in the word in the unofficial world amateur rankings about a month ago. In his weightclass.

Either way an absolute beast of a fighter considering he's only 18. Sky is the limit for him really if he keeps his head screwed on.

The Iceman

Cotto vrs FMW????? Theres a fight!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Atticus_Finch

It now looks like Paul McCloskey's next fight will be against Curtis Woodhouse on the 18 of April.  To say i'm disappointed is to put it very mildly.

I'd be surprised if many of you have heard of Curtis Woodhouse and if you have it will be for his football playing days, he played for Sheffield United and Hull.

I'd consider bringing Curtis Woodhouse as a sparring partner ahead of a proper fight but this simply can't be painted as anything except what it is  ... a backward step.

I've said it time and again the next fight had to be in America.  The St Paddys day bill featuring Macklin vs Martinez was tailor made for Dudey to be a part of.  He would have got a decent opponent in Madison Square Garden without too much effort and the exposure the bill would have provided for his profile stateside would have been immeasurable.

The undercard will be a middleweight prizefighter contest featuring an all irish cast - Eamon O'kane will be a cut above anyone on show and should win the prizefighter contest.   

As you would expect Hearn is going to make this out to be a great bill, offering value and entertainment for the fans.  The reality is he will have difficulty selling this bill to the Belfast fight fans.  I think I am going to give this one a miss.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Carl Framton was looking  on that bill. Not happening now.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

Yeah I had heard Frampton was going to be on that bill as well but now he's going to be part of the Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton undercard on the same date. In Frampton's case I don't think that was a bad move as he's got a potential big fight at domestic level in Scott Quigg.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 14, 2012, 09:51:51 PM
Yeah I had heard Frampton was going to be on that bill as well but now he's going to be part of the Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton undercard on the same date. In Frampton's case I don't think that was a bad move as he's got a potential big fight at domestic level in Scott Quigg.

Yes and this fight will happen, will shape up to be a cracker. Quigg is no mug and I hope Carl will be well prepared (I'm sure he will)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

I'm glad to confirm that the proposed bout between Paul McCloskey and Curtis Woodhouse has fallen through.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 15, 2012, 08:58:26 PM
I'm glad to confirm that the proposed bout between Paul McCloskey and Curtis Woodhouse has fallen through.

Thats a real shame. Curtis Woodhouse is a top prospect with a devastating right hook. Paul McCloskey could have been a good stepping stone for him to the upper echelons
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Atticus_Finch

Well Whiskey,

How's the form ?

Didn't see you on Monday Night's episode ? hope you will still feature in the future episodes.  You are the best thing about the show.  Glad to hear Emma is keeping her job, absolute diamond of a girl.

Are you allowed to be alone with her when the cameras are off ?

Yeah, shame about Woody but life goes on.

Atticus_Finch

Did anyone see Chisora taking a cheap shot and slapping Klitschko during a press conference earlier ?

Prior to that happening I would have gone for Klitschko to win by stoppage in the 8th. I'll now revise that and go for klitschko to win between rounds 2-4. Klitschko looked fairly pissed off, I don't think he'll waste anytime on going to work on Del Boy !