The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Thought things were supposed to get better when the injury list cleared up  :-\

J70

It's a shame. It's going to peter out for Klopp.

Konate was poor tonight. Quansah deserves to start next game

Salah has been terrible last few games.

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2024, 09:31:47 PMIt's a shame. It's going to peter out for Klopp.

Would you as a Liverpool fan have taken a trophy win,a top 4 finish and a  return to Champions League football and title challenge at the start of the season?

I suppose it would have been considered a decent season if Klopp hadn't announced he was leaving which only seems to have made everyone think only a quad or treble at the very least would be considered a success in his final season, certainly some other clubs would have been happy with what Liverpool will end the season with.

As a neutral I'll be sorry to see Klopp leave the league.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

J70

Quote from: jcpen on April 24, 2024, 09:44:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2024, 09:31:47 PMIt's a shame. It's going to peter out for Klopp.

Would you as a Liverpool fan have taken a trophy win,a top 4 finish and a  return to Champions League football and title challenge at the start of the season?

I suppose it would have been considered a decent season if Klopp hadn't announced he was leaving which only seems to have made everyone think only a quad or treble at the very least would be considered a success in his final season, certainly some other clubs would have been happy with what Liverpool will end the season with.

From where Liverpool were last May, of course I would have taken top 4, a trophy and a title challenge.

But you take it as it comes. A quad or treble was never realistically on, but Liverpool were in a really strong position a few weeks ago in the league, which is what fans REALLY care about. Now the last month of the season, once top 4 is sealed,  will simply be a case of fulfilling fixtures, and Klopp's farewell will be a lot hollower then it might have been had they at least taken it to the final weekend.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2024, 09:51:40 PM
Quote from: jcpen on April 24, 2024, 09:44:54 PM

From where Liverpool were last May, of course I would have taken top 4, a trophy and a title challenge.

But you take it as it comes. A quad or treble was never realistically on, but Liverpool were in a really strong position a few weeks ago in the league, which is what fans REALLY care about. Now the last month of the season, once top 4 is sealed,  will simply be a case of fulfilling fixtures, and Klopp's farewell will be a lot hollower then it might have been had they at least taken it to the final weekend.
Definitely going out with a whimper. I think everyone hoped they'd keep the pressure on til the end but seem to have given up

armaghniac

Quote from: Armamike on April 24, 2024, 01:43:04 PMLooks like Slot in for Klopp.  I don't know too much about him, but that doesn't mean much.

I'm sure that he will slot in nicely.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2024, 02:28:45 PMIs this the guy that Spurs were in for prior to Big Ange, if memory serves, he turned them down.

So he's smart at any rate.

gawa316

Performances over the last month or so have resembled a lot of last season

johnnycool

Quote from: gawa316 on April 24, 2024, 11:00:46 PMPerformances over the last month or so have resembled a lot of last season

Liverpool need a really strong character like Big Ange TBH.

It's a pressure position with roaring expectation and a few results going awry early doors could impact most managers, bit Ange seems to take most things in his stride, similar to Klopp.