The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois man on November 01, 2021, 01:22:38 PM
Q. In the U20 hurling Cship what teams make up Raheen parish Gaels? And what teams make up Na Fianna?Harps should be strong at this grade.

A Championship

1.Borris in Ossory Kilcotton         
2.Camross                  
3.Castletown               
4.Clough Ballacolla            
5.Rathdowney Errill            
6.St. Lazerian's Abbeyleix         
7.The Harps

B Championship

1.Clonaslee St Manmans
2.Na Fianna
3.Park Ratheniska Timahoe
4.Na Fianna
5.Portlaoise
6.Raheen Parish Gaels
7.Rosenallis
8.Ballinakill/Ballypickas

Open to correction

But Na Fianna in this competition are Ballyfin Mountmellick and Slieve Bloom.

RPG are Clonad Shanahoe and Colt

I believe Trumera are in with C/B in the A

I dont know who Mountrath are gone in with?.

Id expect a very competitive A Championship with Abbeyleix,C/B (if they have the trumera crew on board),Borris and the Harps all to be in the mix

Rosenallis,Id have as strong favorites for the B

Spiritof1915

I believe trumera are part of the Raheen Parish Gaels set up this year. Ballinakill/ballypickas were reverted back to the B which leaves 7 teams in the A.
Favourites in the A have to be Abbeyleix provided their exploits with Ballyroan in the football dosent hamper each other.
I expect a strong challenge from rathdowney-errill too who have a few players with senior experience.
The Harps are reportely missing a few big players with injuries which could prevent them challenging.

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on November 01, 2021, 08:26:50 PM
I believe trumera are part of the Raheen Parish Gaels set up this year. Ballinakill/ballypickas were reverted back to the B which leaves 7 teams in the A.
Favourites in the A have to be Abbeyleix provided their exploits with Ballyroan in the football dosent hamper each other.
I expect a strong challenge from rathdowney-errill too who have a few players with senior experience.
The Harps are reportely missing a few big players with injuries which could prevent them challenging.

some of the Trumera lads were in with RPG at 15 and 17 this year,

some were also definitely in with mountrath at 15 as well,their best forward is a son of a well known Trumera stalwart.

But they definitely aren't in with RPG at 20

your right in relation to ballinakill and Pickas though,they are in the B

Spiritof1915

Quote from: clonadmad on November 01, 2021, 08:32:29 PM
Still no idea of what happened to the mountrath contingent. They surely have some platform for their players in this year's U20 championships

some were also definitely in with mountrath at 15 as well,their best forward is a son of a well known Trumera stalwart.

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on November 01, 2021, 08:46:29 PM
Still no idea of what happened to the mountrath contingent. They surely have some platform for their players in this year's U20 championships

You'd like to think Mountrath have gone in with someone

I'd have thought they would have more than enough numbers to enter a team in the B at the very least

Themselves and Trumera are the logical fit 

Laois man

Ogie

Anyone know the make up of the Laois U16 panel / management or how it's going?
Just interested as I see a post on Offaly Gaa about a win over our u16s tonight at the centre of excellence, struck me how mature / fit / conditioned looking the Offaly panel are.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Laois man on November 01, 2021, 09:27:34 PM
How can Trumrea go to Cbolla?

They won a minor 3 years ago with mountrath and trumera unbelievably

clonadmad

Quote from: Ogie on November 01, 2021, 09:57:51 PM
Just interested as I see a post on Offaly Gaa about a win over our u16s tonight at the centre of excellence, struck me how mature / fit / conditioned looking the Offaly panel are.

They took a bit of a beating off an Offaly team who had about of a third of their A players playing.

Laois man

I heard from a Trumrea offical that there with Raheen parish Gaels U20 and not Cbolla.

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on November 01, 2021, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: Ogie on November 01, 2021, 09:57:51 PM

They took a bit of a beating off an Offaly team who had about of a third of their A players playing.

Wouldn't most counties be missing a lot of their U16 squad at this time of year as the best of them are with the minors or was it next years minors who played Offaly? Worrying if it was.

clonadmad

Its the Foley u16 Cup competition they are playing in,so Im presuming they are u17 next year

Out against Wexford in round 3 in the CoE next Monday night at 7 pm

U14's are playing against Kilkenny in Kk next Saturday

burdizzo

Trumera are with RPG at u20 only.
No Trumera players with RPG at u15 or u17 this year.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 04:21:38 PM

So what club were Trumera players playing with at u15 and u17 this year then?

Spiritof1915

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 04:21:38 PM

So what club were Trumera players playing with at u15 and u17 this year then?

I know their u15s definitely played with mountrath. Not sure about the 17s