GAA books

Started by Jinxy, August 17, 2011, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: rrhf on October 07, 2017, 12:08:15 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2017, 08:13:56 AM
I was fortunate to meet Gooch at Old Trafford a few years ago,and a nicer more humble lad you couldn't wish to meet.

I have read probably at least a hundred sports biographies,and have never once read the word f..k in any of them,until this one.

While I'm not naive to think the lad never swears,I think it is wholly unnecessary in print,and reflects poorly on other wide fascinating narratives
Roy Keanes had an odd one in it.

I've read dozen of sports autobiographies, and theyve all had their fair share of F words.

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyCake on October 07, 2017, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: rrhf on October 07, 2017, 12:08:15 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2017, 08:13:56 AM
I was fortunate to meet Gooch at Old Trafford a few years ago,and a nicer more humble lad you couldn't wish to meet.

I have read probably at least a hundred sports biographies,and have never once read the word f..k in any of them,until this one.

While I'm not naive to think the lad never swears,I think it is wholly unnecessary in print,and reflects poorly on other wide fascinating narratives
Roy Keanes had an odd one in it.

I've read dozen of sports autobiographies, and theyve all had their fair share of F words.
When you say autobiographies you mean the drivel ghost written by the local reformed alcoholic has been journalist
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Tyrdub

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 07, 2017, 01:23:09 PM
The Pursuit of Perfection by Cormac's brother, Dónal Mc Anallen, had me in bits -- a very well written, though extremely harrowing, and brutally honest, account of our erstwhile captain.

I bought her dad this book for his birthday, he cried reading the back!!! Hasn't stopped thanking me for it since, says its a great read

The Iceman

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 09, 2017, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 07, 2017, 01:23:09 PM
The Pursuit of Perfection by Cormac's brother, Dónal Mc Anallen, had me in bits -- a very well written, though extremely harrowing, and brutally honest, account of our erstwhile captain.

I bought her dad this book for his birthday, he cried reading the back!!! Hasn't stopped thanking me for it since, says its a great read
have it on pre-order over here in the states - looking forward to the read
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tonto1888

Just finished Philly McMahon's book. Was extremely good and well worth the read

T Fearon

So this year in recent months we have had books on

Jackie Tyrell

Cormac Mc Anallen

Philly Mc Mahon

Gooch

Jayo

Any more autobiographies?

Champion The Wonder Horse

I'd love someone to pen Dessie Ryan's life.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JohnDenver

Quick bump - anything interesting on the go this year?

lurganblue

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 29, 2018, 09:21:43 AM
Quick bump - anything interesting on the go this year?

Obviously big Sean Cavanagh has one out. I have it on the list so more than likely will get it over Christmas.

BennyCake

Davy Fitz has a book out. Should be a good read.

johnnycool

Quote from: BennyCake on November 29, 2018, 09:52:03 AM
Davy Fitz has a book out. Should be a good read.

Davy's persecution complex is wearing thin at this stage.

bannside

On the seventh day is a book i look forward to reading.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard