Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

https://www.iptv-go.com/stb-firestick

That's how to install the app stb emu which us a nice one. You will also need a subscription,  send me a pm if you want my recommendation on that.

gallsman

There's no jailbreaking to be done whatsoever. Fire OS is 99% Android. All you have you to do is enable installation of applications from unknown sources.

Over the Bar

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 29, 2018, 12:21:09 PM
Looking for some tech help. Received an Amazon Firestick for Christmas and from what I read on this thread you can use the Firestick for IPTV without buying a box, MAG Box for example. I also have been perusing youtube about "jailbreaking" the Firestick even though that seems to be the incorrect term.

If I do this "Jailbreak" myself following youtube videos I want to make sure I am not setting this up for failure or even hacking. My questions are as follow:

1) If I Jailbreak the Firestick and join Amazon as a Prime Member for videos/books/services will this affect the performance through Amazon? And can they track the hacked stick to other sites?

2) I see all these different people with videos on Youtube using a Filelinked Code and a passcode, is there a chance they can hack into your computer system since it is all through wifi and you are using their account info?

3) I "know" a guy who can setup up the Firestick for 40 but would rather save that $$ for myself, should I follow a particuliar youtube video on how to "Jailbreak" the Firestick and which one do you recommend?

4) I am looking for sports/movies/shows from around the globe which APK's are best? State side here.

Thanks,
DH

There's loads of free options, some better than others but at the end of the day you're working off streams with 1000s of users at any time and the source owners such as Sky working overtime to bring them down.  You pay your 40 for a subscription to a private portal. 

DrinkingHarp

I thank everyone for their input. Yesterday I loaded the Firestick from a guy named Electrical M.D. following his tutorial on Youtube, used Kodi Xenon and seems ok will look at other APK's when I have a chance. I definitely can see why you should use IPTV over the Firestick sideloads because of speed and options for movies/shows/sports but for now its cheap and meets a need.

Quick questions, is a VPN recommended? Are the free VPN's effective? If not, what are the opinions on IPvanish?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Itchy

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 31, 2018, 03:23:30 PM
I thank everyone for their input. Yesterday I loaded the Firestick from a guy named Electrical M.D. following his tutorial on Youtube, used Kodi Xenon and seems ok will look at other APK's when I have a chance. I definitely can see why you should use IPTV over the Firestick sideloads because of speed and options for movies/shows/sports but for now its cheap and meets a need.

Quick questions, is a VPN recommended? Are the free VPN's effective? If not, what are the opinions on IPvanish?

Depends on the supplier, good ones have their own security and also keep their service below the radar and you dont need a VPN but many of the UK sellers seem to have issues. VPN's will take up some of your bandwidth so if you can avoid them all the better

Jim Bob

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 31, 2018, 03:23:30 PM

I bought an ipvanish account in summer of 2017 as it looked like they were going to be needed to stream premiership. Got it for buttons at the time. Last summer it auto- renewed for 79 lids. Hadn't realised the auto renew was set up as default when I boutght it.   Wasn't able to cancel and now caught for something I never use

clarshack

looking for an iptv provider. i've seen fastip.tv mentioned here. how good are they?

northsideboy

Also looking for a provider through a firestick. What are the requirements in terms of up and download speeds? pms welcome.

general

PM you now northsideboy & clarshack

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: general on January 21, 2019, 08:57:13 PM
I'm assuming you're putting them in touch with the same guy you mentioned to me. Very good service. I've got 3 different providers at the moment, long story, but his service is head and shoulders and I'll be moving the lot to him under multi room when the other subs expire. By the way General are you using android or firestick?
Careful now

Tony Baloney

spuds

Mind sharing here also, based in Dublin if that makes a difference?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

general

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 21, 2019, 10:00:01 PM
I'm assuming you're putting them in touch with the same guy you mentioned to me. Very good service. I've got 3 different providers at the moment, long story, but his service is head and shoulders and I'll be moving the lot to him under multi room when the other subs expire. By the way General are you using android or firestick?

Same guy dougal yeah. I use the fire stick yeah - cant fault it to be honest. Sent a PM to you spuds and tony

tyrone girl

General if you would pm me too it would be much appreciated. Need to get IPTV up and running on firestick. Cheers  :)

Emmett

I use the firestick for IPTV in the bedroom but my service is not great. Could someone please PM me details of this decent provider?