Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2016, 10:25:18 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 21, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: Oghams Law on June 21, 2016, 04:30:38 PM
http://uk.businessinsider.com/wef-countries-with-highest-level-of-government-debt-vs-gdp-2015-10

Of the Top 17 countires with the highest level of gov debt how many do you think are in the EU?

What would be wrong with a free trade agreement in Europe only without striving for a United States of Europe?
Vote Leave
So they will be able to negotiate a better deal from outside without complying with EU directives?
Europe doesn't work like that . Switzerland had a referendum on inward migration and tried to play hardball with Brussels. It was told to PFO. It was kicked out of the Erasmus programme. 2 years later it is still trying to triangulate. Only 30% of voters woukd now support the referendum.
That was my point. I should have framed it as a rhetorical question but I wanted to draw out the OP on his Gove like logic.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: AQMP on June 21, 2016, 03:03:18 PM
Dodds supports a Brexit for the same reason as most DUPers.  He thinks it will lead to another (or several) degrees of separation between North and South.  I haven't heard one DUPer give any sort of argument as to why NI will be better off outside the EU. 

Villiers is a lightweight fuckwit who will be on her way if Remain prevails.

It's called cutting of your nose despite your face. I think you are bang on the money here. The DUP think that in leaving it'll put a bigger wedge between the North and the South. But they don't have the leadership and vision (as we have seen on many issues) to see what a short term plan that is. I'm not sure if this lack of foresight is simply just down to the fact they don't want to go down in history as "the generation that failed Unionism" even though that's exactly what they are setting up for future Unionist generations. Always smacks of a not on my watch attitude.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2016, 10:14:01 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 22, 2016, 08:34:41 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2016, 08:00:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
How do north of Ireland posters feel about Dodds and Villiers supporting leave?

Dodds supports a Brexit for the same reason as most DUPers.  He thinks it will lead to another (or several) degrees of separation between North and South.  I haven't heard one DUPer give any sort of argument as to why NI will be better off outside the EU. 

If DUP heads really think like that,  NI is fucked. Leave could cut UK GDP by 10%
Of course they think like that, that's a huge part of our problem here.Its like banging your head against a wall.

If the uk votes leave ni will not get the funding that it currently gets, i can't see it happening anyway, and will hit bad times.

I would see it pushing more nationalists wanting a ui so in my view it would weaken the union. Unionists are making a monumental c**k up pushing the leave agenda.

Despite all trade arguments etc i think they're a crock of shit and they just want border controls.
Thinking unionists understand the value of trade with and investment from the South
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

How many of those are there though.

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on June 22, 2016, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2016, 10:14:01 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 22, 2016, 08:34:41 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2016, 08:00:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
How do north of Ireland posters feel about Dodds and Villiers supporting leave?

If DUP heads really think like that,  NI is fucked. Leave could cut UK GDP by 10%
Of course they think like that, that's a huge part of our problem here.Its like banging your head against a wall.

If the uk votes leave ni will not get the funding that it currently gets, i can't see it happening anyway, and will hit bad times.

I would see it pushing more nationalists wanting a ui so in my view it would weaken the union. Unionists are making a monumental c**k up pushing the leave agenda.

Despite all trade arguments etc i think they're a crock of shit and they just want border controls.
Thinking unionists understand the value of trade with and investment from the South

Tbh they are scarce on the ground and when the likes of Willy Wright (Wrightbus) comes out in favour of leave it makes the rest of them even more confused. The fact that Boris was ordering bus's like mad from them hasnt clouded his judgement in any way  ;)
How many does London need and who will they want to sell their products too when there are no more orders from London, oh wait that's right....... oops

The DUP havent got a long term strategy on anything never mind this, they see the right wing politicians saying NO and it pulls at their heart strings because that is what they have been brought up on.

I genuinely nearly crashed the car when I heard an interview yesterday on the radio, some bbc journo was interviewing young Brits abroad working for the summer in some of the holiday resorts in Europe. Asking for their views, he asked a young lad from northern England who was working in a bar on the strip, he said 'there are too many migrant workers coming in and taking jobs off locals so he was voting leave' Needless to say the irony was lost on him completely but it shows the way the leave campaign have run their argument.

T Fearon

Northern nationalists will in large part swing this vote for remain.Will they get any political reward from the Dublin Govt for doing so?

imtommygunn

Like what and how will they know?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 22, 2016, 12:42:58 PM
Northern nationalists will in large part swing this vote for remain.Will they get any political reward from the Dublin Govt for doing so?

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Ready! Fire! Aim!

guy crouchback

i think this might be the single most stupid comment made by anyone in relation to the entire brexit debate. 

seafoid

Quote from: guy crouchback on June 22, 2016, 01:44:09 PM

i think this might be the single most stupid comment made by anyone in relation to the entire brexit debate.
There is very strong competition from.the DUP
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ulick

Kenny, Noonan and Martin crying today about the economic disaster that awaits should the Brits leave. No doubt they've worn down some shoe leather this past few weeks canvassing around Newry and west Belfast. 

LeoMc

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 22, 2016, 11:39:17 AM

It's called cutting of your nose despite your face. I think you are bang on the money here. The DUP think that in leaving it'll put a bigger wedge between the North and the South. But they don't have the leadership and vision (as we have seen on many issues) to see what a short term plan that is. I'm not sure if this lack of foresight is simply just down to the fact they don't want to go down in history as "the generation that failed Unionism" even though that's exactly what they are setting up for future Unionist generations. Always smacks of a not on my watch attitude.
No its not.

armaghniac

What is it then,  if it is not?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Cutting your nose to spite yor face... ;D