Smart and moderately talented

Started by Niall Quinn, July 04, 2008, 11:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

MacKenzie claims TV quiz honours 

Notts County midfielder Neil MacKenzie is doing his bit to help dispel the myth that all footballers are stupid.

The 32-year-old has made football history as the first player to appear on Channel 4 quiz show Countdown.

And MacKenzie is proving a hit on the show, winning five episodes in a row, shooting to the top of the leaderboard.

"He's proving to be a strong contestant and has a broad vocabulary which is essential to do well," said associate producer Kate Horton.

MacKenzie was encouraged to enter by his mother, who is a regular viewer of the show.

On Monday the midfielder will continue his reign in the Champion's Chair and is aiming for a sixth win.

He hopes to win the maximum eight games in a row to get 'Octochamp' status.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/7490826.stm

What GAA stars do you think would acquit themselves well on Countdown?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Yes I Would

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 04, 2008, 11:28:54 PM
Paul Galvin!

But he's a school teacher - does that not confirm mental mediocrity?

5 Sams

Robbie Kelleher. An economist and recognised as one of the foremost business brains in the country in the last 20 years...he'd give it a rattle.

For those of you under 30 years of age he was a corner back on the greatest football team of all time.....IMHO.
The Aristocrat Years

dec

thebandit

Sparky

Niall.....For shame! I can't believe my first post on here is to lambast you for that shocking claim about teachers.  You know better than that. We'll have to have a chat about this slanderous accusation! Good luck against St. Vincent's today, fill me in on the scores later will you?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Sparky on July 05, 2008, 02:53:40 PM
Niall.....For shame! I can't my first post on here is to lambast you for that shocking claim about teachers.  You know better than that. We'll have to have a chat about this slanderous accusation! Good luck against St. Vincent's today, fill me in on the scores later will you?

Welcome Sparky, another Dub?
Tbc....

Sparky

No!!  Certainly not a Dub that's for sure. Born and raised in Down.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Sparky on July 05, 2008, 02:53:40 PM
Niall.....For shame! I can't believe my first post on here is to lambast you for that shocking claim about teachers.  You know better than that. We'll have to have a chat about this slanderous accusation! Good luck against St. Vincent's today, fill me in on the scores later will you?

Ah Sparky, you know I love the old teachers really!
We drew with Vincent`s today 4-7 to 1-16 - had a six point lead half way through the second, but they finished strongly.
Are you going to take yourself out to a Darragh game whilst over there?

Aerlik

Anthony Tohill, Henry Downey, Johnny McGurk, Sean D O'Neill,  Don Kelly, Joe Brolly, to name just a few of the Derry team of '93 with bucketloads of brains. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!