2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterJ

I don't know how it is 50/50 as Laois winning would be a huge shock!

Tony

19/20 neutrals would predict Cork. That's just the reality of the situation. So you can live in deluded world if you like but facts are facts. It's clear that Cork are not HOT favourites but they're certainly WARM favourites for this one. That's the consensus between all the expert journalists and any neutral opinion I've seen.

thegreeenandgold

Bookies expect Laois to win 1 in 3.5 times, I think its 1 in 2.  Whatever it is a Laois win would not be a huge shock,  Laois beating Dublin in hurling on Sunday would be a huge shock. I am not saying Cork can't beat Laois but teams are on a par, saying different is not true.

Don Draper

ILikeStrawberryJam

Like your confidence Don.
Id be a bit worried about corks pace though.
Well need to put up a big xcore to beat them

Chrimtain

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on July 06, 2019, 09:45:17 AM
Like your confidence Don.
Id be a bit worried about corks pace though.
Well need to put up a big xcore to beat them

Fair play to you Don.

Tony

I love the confidence, I just dislike one or two posters describing Cork as "shambolic" and a poor team etc. That talk is just stupid and ignorant.

We wont fear them and we'll give our all. Let the best team win. Laois abu

merman

John Sugrue is some man.
Great to see such confidence in going to tackle Cork in the last 12 of an All-Ireland.
Some turnaround in 2 years!

Sugrue and Eddie Brennan (like Chedder before him) are laying foundations that we as a County must accept as baseline requirements.
The quality of player we have available will peak and trough across the years but we must get behind people of substance who demand the best from our county panelists.

Best of luck to the lads today.

BallyroanAbu

Tony quit this racket,  Laois have worked hard for the past couple of years. Cork are poor at the moment. This is Sugrue's big chance, until now we have beaten no one.  Cork are in their worst situation in years.  If we can't beat them now we never will, if we get hammered here we have no business at top tier level in football.  UP Laois buy in Tony and stop looking for excuses.  Laois Win

Brandon

Quote from: redsetanta on July 04, 2019, 10:53:49 PM
So are you kicking football in Laois? Welcome by the way!
yes I am and thanks

Joeythelips

I dont think people are looking for excuses, they just want a bit of realism in the argument. We still are a team that got a hiding off Meath and lost to Westmeath twice in the league. There is no doubt Cork are on a downward spiral and their league form was horrendous but they will be fully confident they will send our lads packing. Im confident if Laois play to their potential they can win this, but we have yet to see their full potential yet.

on the hop

Can't get the kick outs away, can't get at there's. Pace up the middle killing us

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi